News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just hope they continue to go with the nature theme. We're need more trees in the central plaza and less open concrete
Like 1982? Could even bring back the ponds and streams.
Is that even on the table?
I remember you mentioning that there was a version they were considering before ultimately deciding on demolition. It would have kept CCw in tack but installing large floor to ceiling windows and removing the outdoor pathway ceilings. This would have retained the symmetry and also brought in more activities with CC. Do you know if this could potentially be still considered?
PK0YF8J0D5I0.gif
I doubt the company knows exactly how the spine will end up at the moment.

TrainsOfDisney

The newly imagined Festival Center will be a bunch of festival booths lashed together with some ladders so you can get up on the roof.

Sorry..... that was the “blue sky” idea from wdi. It’s now been budget cut like the overhead walkways at Disney Springs... so the booths will be lashed together with a decorative abandoned viewing area on top.

WDI is currently finishing off the backstory of how perry the platypus hid a crystal but then was defeated by Scrooge McDuck for financial gain.

Haymarket2008

They said construction on World Celebration would begin again “soon” in that statement recently released. When do we think things will pick up in earnest? And do we believe the “they will just pave it over and put booths up” rumor going around?

I can’t see them shelving this enormous of a project in the middle of their biggest park. I’d hope that it moves forward with a better, more streamlined design.

It Is What It Is

Umm... I'm picking up something different:
  • Electric Umbrella was slated to become a new sit-down/QS space. Since they didn't start demo, it *could* remain Electric Umbrella, or, they could go ahead with the retheme and refresh, or, let it sit there vacant.
  • No character spots are returning until a vaccine is found. It's all from a distance for a long while.
  • Epcot Experience already got a bit of an overhaul: Poppins and the SSE refurb were removed. Also, the Festival Center model (3 tiered cake) was removed and replaced with a GotG model.
  • Epcot Experience is still advertising China 360.
  • There's no building for Starbucks to come back to.
Any reason not to retheme Electric Umbrella to Starbucks? More $$$ spent will make Bob happy (believing Starbucks brings in a lot more than EU).

Uh, never pondered what the Disney - Starbucks breakdown on profits might be (who gets what percent of profit)? Anyone know?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Any reason not to retheme Electric Umbrella to Starbucks? More $$$ spent will make Bob happy (believing Starbucks brings in a lot more than EU).

Uh, never pondered what the Disney - Starbucks breakdown on profits might be (who gets what percent of profit)? Anyone know?
This would be a good idea, but then the area would be lacking a QS for around Lunch time. EU was always packed when I passed around lunch. During F&W it wont be a problem.

SoFloMagic

will epcot get the hub done in time for the 50th?
I believe insiders have said on here that they may have new plans to release in the new year. Then who knows how long construction will take. Guessing here, but I'd imagine mouse gear may stick with the original plan and be ready in a reasonable timeframe, but the rest may miss the epcot 40th even.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom