News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

hokielutz

That's not what our insiders are saying about the SSE refresh, they're saying delayed is delayed.

As for Poppins... yeah, she'll be appearing in the Main Street Theater.

But these are the only two that were officially said to be postponed/delayed. All the other Festival/hub things are being 'reimagined.' And they have to do something with World Celebration/The Hub rather than leave a construction site in the hub for years to come.

Sounds like a Winnie the Pooh playground makeover.... just pave over the construction with small amount of theming.

Disstevefan1

Poor EPCOT. Walt is looking down in sadness. Not that what we ever had what he envisioned, but its gotten worse over time. WDW was attempting to do something to improve EPCOT and that was spoiled by COVID.

When I first saw the concept art, I never really liked the three floor festival center plopped where it was. I preferred the former symmetry of future world.

I really, really hope when the dust settles we don't completely close what was Club Cool. For the record, I preferred Ice Station Cool!
Ice-Station-Cool_Full_9840.jpg

jt04

Poor EPCOT. Walt is looking down in sadness. Not that what we ever had what he envisioned, but its gotten worse over time. WDW was attempting to do something to improve EPCOT and that was spoiled by COVID.

When I first saw the concept art, I never really liked the three floor festival center plopped where it was. I preferred the former symmetry of future world.

I really, really hope when the dust settles we don't completely close what was Club Cool. For the record, I preferred Ice Station Cool!

Club Cool was a poor replacement for its predecessor IMO. If they bring back the concept just hope it is worthy of the park.

ElvisMickey

In regard to Spaceship Earth, how about we just give it a new narration and update/add to the descent? Every time the descent starts and the screens turn on, I just want to jump out and walk the rest of the way down the stairs. It’s painful at this point. I think 99% of us would be happy with that and Disney can save some cash. Problem solved.

Surferboy567

In regard to Spaceship Earth, how about we just give it a new narration and update/add to the descent? Every time the descent starts and the screens turn on, I just want to jump out and walk the rest of the way down the stairs. It’s painful at this point. I think 99% of us would be happy with that and Disney can save some cash. Problem solved.

The track is old, the AA’s aren’t much better this ride needs a redo.

Don’t get me wrong I love Spaceship Earth but this thing is using very old tech.

ElvisMickey

Agreed. But as opposed to scrapping the project all together? If they’re just postponing, fine. If the plan now is to just do nothing, then this would be an alternative option.

Mickey5150

Forget Club Cool or Ice Station Cool, just replace all the water in drinking fountains with Beverly.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was mostly speaking to Poppins but I consider SSE plans in it’s current form canceled. I believe they are putting it off and will go back to the drawing board for new eventual plans.

And I see lots of trees and grass in Epcot’s future lol
THANK GOD, I wanted a completed Spaceship Earth but not what they were shooting for. Epcot has gotten more love over the years, why not just improve and build off of what they have rather than turn it into a different place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom