News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

brb1006

Meh.

Crowd flow, sightlines and footprint were poorly executed. IMO.

And with today's tech and aesthetics they can do so much better. Though I'm not sure traditional fountains in theme parks have a future sadly. Perhaps on a limited scale.
Did you even see Fountain Of Nations when it was working properly?

Properly working audio, fountains in sync. You're just used to seeing the fountains not working properly.

jt04

Did you even see Fountain Of Nations when it was working properly?

Properly working audio, fountains in sync. You're just used to seeing the fountains not working properly.

Possibly. I would have seen it in the first year of operation or so and even then I thought it overwhelmed the space it was in. The fountain was never the problem so much as where it was placed.

If it could have gone in a larger entry plaza it would have been perfect.

montyz81

So. Epcot's theme was in a bad state just before construction started. They ripped out a bunch of stuff and started construction on things that broke the original Epcot theme even more. Some of those projects are gone leaving huge scars in the park. So even the new "World" themes can even be realized. Oh boy, this park is so broken now. Just when you thought it had hit rock bottom. It honestly seems like Epcot will never be able to catch a break. It's at the lowest of lows. I can't wait to see how Disney is going to spin this.

raymusiccity

Well, again this just my thoughts here..
From Biorconstructs aerials the outside tables are still intact and unless they gutted the interior already I'd be surprised..While they could retheme it I think the layout will stay..IMO.

I'm Referring to once it's said and done and they go back to the way it was previous..

For now....Until they cut it...Unless they are close to even starting anything..

There's a nice big flat piece of land they just leveled and now with the changes I wouldn't be surprised if they move the world showcase one closer back to the plaza.. Side Note: Free coke tasteing on the other hand I doubt will ever return and stay out at the Spring.
RE: your 'side note'. Club Cool is definitely gone and is not available at Disney Springs:
"Located in the Disney Springs Town Center area, the Coca-Cola store offers a variety of Coca-Cola-themed merchandise, but up on the top floor, thereā€™s a soda-lovers hideaway. Although the drinks up here arenā€™t free, you can find a larger assortment of soda flavors than you can in Club Cool." :(

Chris767

There is space built into current plans for Coke Showcase 3.0. To my knowledge, it is in a place that isnā€™t really in danger of getting cut.

Iā€™d imagine it would go in a section of the standing innoventions building with Electric Umbrella, but I have no insider knowledge on that

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yes. Currently it seems the overhaul will have elements of what was proposed but with a different look than the original plan.
Is there any chance that what we end up with, while cost cutting, is better in your opinion for the park than what was originally proposed?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If they stop the demolition and rebuild something resembling CCore west then yes.
I remember you mentioning that there was a version they were considering before ultimately deciding on demolition. It would have kept CCw in tack but installing large floor to ceiling windows and removing the outdoor pathway ceilings. This would have retained the symmetry and also brought in more activities with CC. Do you know if this could potentially be still considered?

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes. Currently it seems the overhaul will have elements of what was proposed but with a different look than the original plan.
PK0YF8J0D5I0.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom