News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

UNCgolf

I agree. It should be axed.

Although I completely agree that it should be axed, he's also right -- just maybe not in the way he intended.

If they're determined to build the thing (and they shouldn't be, but ignoring that for the sake of argument), they need to it to at least be impressive to look at. Building something half-baked is the worst of both worlds.

Last edited:

MrPromey

That was my thinking, too...my only concern really was the placement of it.

My main concern was with how quickly the top floor would likely be turned into a desert-party-only viewing area for events similar to how long the new "grassy" area in the redesigned center at Magic Kingdom remained as something other than an up-charge only space. I could see them doing plenty of "exclusive" stuff in that second floor, too - especially if it's air conditioned.

I guess I'm just cynical but I don't trust current management to build anything like this without turning at least 90% of it into something directly revenue generating.

If they want to tuck tacky clones of Club 33 into corners somewhat discreetly around WDW and charge crazy money for something not equal to the original, okay but if it's going to be something out there and obvious, I find it really off-putting when things go VIP only and this feels like too sweet a target to be ignored.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

My main concern was with how quickly the top floor would likely be turned into a desert-party-only viewing area for events similar to how long the new "grassy" area in the redesigned area at Magic Kingdom remained as something other than an up-charge only space. I could see them doing plenty of "exclusive" stuff in that second floor, too - especially if it's air conditioned.

I guess I'm just cynical but I don't trust current management to build anything like this without turning at least 90% of it into something directly revenue generating.

If they want to tuck tacky clones of Club 33 into corners somewhat discreetly around WDW and charge crazy money for something not equal to the original, okay but if it's going to be something out there and obvious, I find it really off-putting when things go VIP only and this feels like too sweet a target to be ignored.
Ahhhh yeah...I forgot about that part. I'd want it accessible to all.

Chupaca Bruh

I also liked the look of the new structure. They should continue forward with the design but tear down the Mouse Gear building and build a duplicate of the elevated structure and connect the two with a walkway of appropriately matching architecture. This idea of rebuilding the old Communicore buildin back is a dismal idea stepping backwards. Nostalgia is wonderful but sometimes it is time to move forward. Inwas hoping they would redo the whole spine in a grand manner but the design seemed really weak except for the table.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I also liked the look of the new structure. They should continue forward with the design but tear down the Mouse Gear building and build a duplicate of the elevated structure and connect the two with a walkway of appropriately matching architecture. This idea of rebuilding the old Communicore buildin back is a dismal idea stepping backwards. Nostalgia is wonderful but sometimes it is time to move forward. Inwas hoping they would redo the whole spine in a grand manner but the design seemed really weak except for the table.
I disagree but you'd have loved the original Guardians plan.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
While I'm one who was applauding the news that SSE's refurb was being paused indefinitely, after riding it one last time, wow, it really needs some TLC if they keep it up and running in its current form. Since it's eventually slated for a redo, I assume they won't sink a penny into anything currently in place, and I now begrudgingly think it should be shuttered if they're not going to fix/maintain show elements. Forget the burned kid, there are now multiple AAs not working, the omni-movers all seemed really clanky, the lighting seemed super low probably to hide broken elements, and the audio was faint and nearly inaudible. Kind of left me bummed out.
I felt The clanking of the vehicles... but what scene elements were not working? And what was inaudible? The attraction show scenes themselves seems to be working all fine when I was There a couple of days ago.

They definitely need to find a way to fix the rough clanking though.

Brer Oswald

98EDDC1D-304C-429E-AE14-8A1C174A5644.jpeg

The finished product will look something like this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom