Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

SoupBone

Don't know what to think. Need to catch up with some folks and also read more of the real hard news coverage. But one does NOT preclude them both happening at all.

I respect your opinion here and I have to be honest. The thought of either a Star Wars based land or even just a specific section with rides and attractions has me on cloud 9. Growing up with Star Wars might cloud my vision a little, but I really believe that Star Wars has obvious staying power and longevity, and would be a much better fit than Avatarland. Either way, I'm looking forward to any and all rumors about upcoming Star Wars additions to the parks.

WDW1974

So - you say quick. What about those plans we all looked at a few days ago which have no indication as to what theme they might have. Could those be Star Wars instead of Avatar as we all thought? It seems odd to have another Star Tours version as that Soarin type ride is nothing else. But it does seem a little suspicious...

No. The plans were for DAK. They aren't putting Star Wars in there. Now ... could they be for anything? Sure, except there's only one thing slated for said park.

FrankLapidus

Don't know what to think. Need to catch up with some folks and also read more of the real hard news coverage. But one does NOT preclude them both happening at all.

Glad to hear that. As GeorgiaPinesRJB said, the addition of both Cars Land and an expanded Lucasland would not only improve DHS massively but also give a huge boost to WDW as a whole (not to mention other Disney parks across the world). I give huge props to Iger and the Disney board, they've pulled something really great out of the bag here and, if they take advantage of the full potential the Star Wars franchise offers, they have something that can genuinely compete with Universal and Harry Potter.

Turtle

Talk about the ultimate head fake.....here's some leaked blue prints for something we might build in DAK. Talk among yourselves. Oh by the way we are buying STAR WARS, the world in which many of us dreamed of being in as kids, played as characters and stood in line to see.

WDW1974, I do understand your point in that Disney is buying creativity though. But seeing this fantasy world come to life could rock.
universal is going down

jdmdisney99

I can see it now, The Imperial Attack. You ge in a "Starpod" and it takes you through different digital scenes that you shoot with your "blaster" (a la Buzz, TSWM). In one scene you are a stormtrooper shooting at Jedi or another where you are the Death Star and shoot at passing planets.

WDWmazprty

DisneyDeathStar.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Wow...

As a both a Star Wars and Disney fanatic this deal could spell heaven. Or an ignonimous decay of a once thriving SW franchise.

I'll be an optimist and get my hopes up for quality new SW movies and new SW presence in Disney parks. If they do it right, I'll just send Disney my credit card information so they can help themselves.

WDW1974

Unlike fish... all investors love money :)

Yes, especially the big fish like Iger and Lucas and Co. who will walk away with the largest chunks of money.

For all the talk of Marvel being a huge asset for Disney, Avengers didn't make John Carter disappear ... and Spidey made a load of money that went to Sony etc.

I think common sense only says you don't judge a deal the day it is announced. It sure looks good for both parties, but time will tell.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Glad to hear that. As GeorgiaPinesRJB said, the addition of both Cars Land and an expanded Lucasland would not only improve DHS massively but also give a huge boost to WDW as a whole (not to mention other Disney parks across the world). I give huge props to Iger and the Disney board, they've pulled something really great out of the bag here and, if they take advantage of the full potential the Star Wars franchise offers, they have something that can genuinely compete with Universal and Harry Potter.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Pixar Place still needs something and Lucas needs something... so this seems like a good idea to me, but I'm not running the show haha still, Star Wars is a Potter Swatter if they implement the expansion right... and seeing how WDI is capable of adding several different areas into one cohesive area with Fantasyland, I could definitely see an expansion of the Endor area currently with Star Tours and maybe a Tatooine area too... Coruscant and other ares would be tough but interesting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom