Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

PurpleRose

Words can not express the joy I am feeling right now. If "Heir to the Empire" becomes Episode 7 I might just might have a stroke.

I'm sure you and I have talked about my love for Mara Jade. I would be doing cartwheels if the movie is that or the Vong Wars (Thrawn would be awesome too). I understand the limitations at this point but....my mind reels.

SoupBone

This just in; Spaceship Earth to be repainted to look like a Death Star.

I know this was a joke but seriously. During Star Wars weekends they could project the image like they did in the Magic Kingdom. Of course I'm not sure how technological it would need to be, but this isn't at all out of the realm of possibilities. :)

WDWmazprty

534577_10152199338770142_688643471_n.jpg

jdmdisney99

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Pixar Place still needs something and Lucas needs something... so this seems like a good idea to me, but I'm not running the show haha still, Star Wars is a Potter Swatter if they implement the expansion right... and seeing how WDI is capable of adding several different areas into one cohesive area with Fantasyland, I could definitely see an expansion of the Endor area currently with Star Tours and maybe a Tatooine area too... Coruscant and other ares would be tough but interesting...
For the floating buildings in Coruscant they could just use their new Halelujah Mountains floating technology! ;)

WDW1974

An announcement of this magnitude will certainly have the competition very concerned. With the Disney catalogue, throw in Pixar, Marvel, and now LucasFilm. wow - could you ask for any bigger theme park potential material?!? They just need to make really good use of it now.

Yes, they really have NO excuses now at all. They have so much IP to play with. The days of crap like SGE or simplistic rides with screens like TSMM or attractions that are poorly conceived like MS and EE must come to an end or they need to clean house at WDI as well as TDB.

And, like UNI, they need to start now. Not take 18 months to show 3-4 pieces of possible artwork. Pay folks. Work OT and show us how you're going to WOW us again.

Is that too much to ask?

justavoice

I'm sure you and I have talked about my love for Mara Jade. I would be doing cartwheels if the movie is that or the Vong Wars (Thrawn would be awesome too). I understand the limitations at this point but....my mind reels.
Please note the conference call and press release mention not only episode 7 but 8 & 9. Every two to three years we expect a movie.

Todd H

Being a Star Wars nerd from way back (still remember seeing the first movie back in '77) I'm both excited and cautious about Episode VII. Hopefully Disney places the franchise in capable hands.

Now get busy building Mos Eisley Cantina so I can have a cup of blue milk and enjoy some music from an animatronic recreation of the band from the original movie.

DisneyDad1977

Look at this from a strictly strategic and nostalgic standpoint. Those of us that grew up loving Star Wars and Indy are in our mid 30's-mid 40's and represent a boatload of disposable income as well as a direct conduit to probably 98% of the children in America. It was a foregone conclusion that our kids would love SW. This was strategically genius and a steal of a deal.

SoupBone

Yes, they really have NO excuses now at all. They have so much IP to play with. The days of crap like SGE or simplistic rides with screens like TSMM or attractions that are poorly conceived like MS and EE must come to an end or they need to clean house at WDI as well as TDB.

And, like UNI, they need to start now. Not take 18 months to show 3-4 pieces of possible artwork. Pay folks. Work OT and show us how you're going to WOW us again.

Is that too much to ask?

This post has me foaming at the mouth and I couldn't agree more. This will either be Disney's moment to really show us Imagineering of yesteryear, or it can turn into an over-hyped addition to the Disney stables and fizzle. I have faith that they will come out swinging with this news. Star Wars is such a huge power in the SciFi arena that they can really raise the bar again with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom