Dining Plan Changes

lewisc

I wasn't being difficult, the only way I could get the 2008 disclaimer was to check availability for a specific date in 2008 and you can't post that kind of link. I thought posting the entire section was easier then talking you throught the screens needed to get to that section.

If you booked through Virgin you might just send them an email.

Many of us find booking directly with Disney is easier then dealing with TAs. Can't you just book directly with WDW? I know there is a time difference but that should be workable. Do you get a substantially better deal on the airfare if you book through Virgin?

I know which is why I asked for a link:shrug:

/QUOTE]

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Oh I normally do, in this instance it was a package for my daughter. Im contacting the Frequent Virgin club tommorow.

Now Im more angry about being hung up on than the dinning plan.

Anger issues, I blame the t'internet.

I should be excited I fly on the 10th.

erasure fan1

if Disney either offered a choice of soup/salad or offered an appetizer sampler platter for the table. Those options would allow servers to streamline service and wouldn't add that much to the cost.
the appetizer tray would be a great idea it would be real enhancement to the plan. I had not planned on doing the DDP again but if these changes go through its a certain no.

Dwarful

Dwarful---The current premium plans don't have two credit meals. You get 3 meals a day in any restaurant; signature, dinner show, regular TS or CS.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. Currently (at least in the USA) you get 1 TS meal per day. IF the 2008 changes are correct and you get more TS per day, then I think Disney may see people using 2 TS credits at the premium places. For example, I am going with nearly 40 people in a week, we could do Grand Gathering events and not pay cash, but use 2 dining credits per person. Or we could do dinner at Cinderellas using two TS credits. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post.

righttrack

IMO, Disney would do much better with a resort breakfast buffet that is open to all dining plan guests, and fee-based for those who are not. This would be a very "quick trip/service" since most will be heading to the parks. Not a lingering, massive consumption meal. Then a counter service and a sitdown per day. Eliminate the snack. Work the price increase in, but less than a 3 meal a day plan would be. Continue to offer the 2 meal +snack like they do now.

Certainly people will bypass the resort breakfast buffet to go to Cindy's or wherever and use up a sitdown or 2 sitdowns.

DisneyMusician2

My question is when do the pricing changes and the DDP changes for next year become official and published?

Disney should be careful with not including the tip on the plan...

..I know some not-so-considerate people who would easily buy the plan and simply NOT leave a tip rather than deal with swiping the card and then having to charge a separate tip or leave cash.

Not to mention those repeat travelers who simply missed the memo.

You may end up with many, many upset servers should this go through.:lookaroun

sbkline

My question is when do the pricing changes and the DDP changes for next year become official and published?

Should be the same time that 2008 room rates are announced. This will be when everyone can start booking full packages for 2008, under 2008 prices.

I keep hearing August. Hopefully it will be early August. But we'll see.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Should be the same time that 2008 room rates are announced. This will be when everyone can start booking full packages for 2008, under 2008 prices.

I keep hearing August. Hopefully it will be early August. But we'll see.

Disney Travel Co UK is advertising 2008 already in "book early " packages. I called yesterday but gave up after 5 mins of taped music.

DisneyMusician2

I know that the agents aren't allowed to book anything in 2008 here in the States yet.
But I'm anxious to get a jump on next year's trip...:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

wdwmomof3

We are planning on using the dining plan nest year but we will have to wait and see just what the changes are that they make to the plan. I am not liking what I have learned so I don't know. :shrug: I wish that they would hurry up with the rates already.:animwink:

MAGICFLOP

I was think of try the DDP, but if these are the changes then I think not.

I have the Dinning card that gets 20% off meals at most restuarants. I usually just go to Germany's buffet and fill up at about 2pm and with meal / beer it's about $30 +tip then I walk it off. If later I want something I just get an ice cream.

I don't think I could eat all that the DDP gives you. I'm too full from a big lunch to eat again..

Dwarful

Ouch! Those changes stink. Even if we did signature meals using the two credits, we would never eat all of that food. 2 snacks per person per day..plus at $70 a pop we would generally eat cheaper on our own using the AP dining card discount. The basic package dropping the tip and appetizer loses its 'value' esp. if you eat some meals at cheaper breakfast buffets, you could def. do it cheaper on your own by the time you add in your tip cost. The good news is MAYBE we will see the selection and quality of the meals return to what they were before the dining plan was introduced.

Richie248

I can do without the appetizer, I would miss the convenience of not having to worry about gratuity....oh well, if and when these changes do happen at least I'll get to enjoy the Disney Dining Plan as it was just one more time!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom