Dining Plan Changes

Ausdaddy

I can do without the appetizer, I would miss the convenience of not having to worry about gratuity....oh well, if and when these changes do happen at least I'll get to enjoy the Disney Dining Plan as it was just one more time!!!

It's not the lack of appetizer that's a problem. They removed gratuity AND the appetizer, but only dropped the price $1?!? That is crazy. It appears to me that they really don't want anyone to purchase the dining plan.

mousefan1972

If this holds true, no more purchasing the DDP for us. (Have used it twice, once "free", purchased once) So are they not changing the snack options as originally rumored? Even if they don't, losing the included gratuity and the appetizer is enough to change my mind about purchasing it for next Spring's trip. :(

Cinderella1976

We used the DDP on every trip and it really worked out for us (we are a family of 5) but with these changes I don't think we will be purchasing the DDP on our future trips.

lewisc

DDP guests pre-pay and commit to eating almost all their meals at WDW restaurants. We also may forgo some available discounts on rooms and theme park tickets.

I expect a discount for pre-paying and a discount for making a "quantity" purchase. I also need to save enough to compensate for "overpaying" for my room and/or tickets. I wouldn't buy the DDP unless I thought I'd be saving at least 25% off the cost of the food I'll be ordering, not off the menu price of the most expensive items in the most expensive restaurants.

I doubt I'll be purchasing the 2008 DDP.

We still don't know if Disney is thinking of reducing the number of included snacks.

skubersky

This is wonderful news! With any luck this will completely destroy DDP. Then the masses can go back to eating fast food at every meal, and those of us who actually care about food might be able to get a same-day seating again...

lewisc

Restaurant owners, including Disney like filled restaurants. Restaurant owners like restaurants that are so popular that they are booked with reservations days or even weeks in advance. Disney will do whatever promotions that are necessary to accomplish that.

The cutbacks on the DDP will result in knowledgeable guests making sure they get ADRs at restaurant where they will get their monies worth such as Le Cellier. It might be easier to get ADRs at restaurants like O'hana. The deluxe dining plan may keep the bookings up at the signature restaurants.

This is wonderful news! With any luck this will completely destroy DDP. Then the masses can go back to eating fast food at every meal, and those of us who actually care about food might be able to get a same-day seating again...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The DeLuxe Plan at $70 per skull, Im assuming that means that you get three meals and its up to you to choose so I could have three table service?????

I know its all unconfirmed but this looks a bit of an OG

Dwarful

And Elvis is a custodial CM.

Well, you could let me dream for a day or two at least, couldn't you??? ;)

I have booked the current dining plan for our group of nearly 40 going in just a few days. I guarantee you though, that at the new 2008 offers I wouldn't bother. I think most families will book their ADR's and pay cash for their sit downs.

Dwarful

The DeLuxe Plan at $70 per skull, Im assuming that means that you get three meals and its up to you to choose so I could have three table service?????

That's my understanding. Which, for those who DO buy into this plan, they will be so busy using their meal tickets, ride lines may not be too bad!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well, you could let me dream for a day or two at least, couldn't you??? ;)

I have booked the current dining plan for our group of nearly 40 going in just a few days. I guarantee you though, that at the new 2008 offers I wouldn't bother. I think most families will book their ADR's and pay cash for their sit downs.

Two years ago I did a spread sheet and looked at the online menus to work out if it was worth it (just ball park) given we were off site at Busch and Seaworld a Discovery Cove, even with signature meals to use the credits it wasnt.

Last year we used it, it was ok but IMHO the decline in menus eroded the benefit, but Disney had my money already. I have a few days left to make my mind up about this year.

Dinning is a big part of many peoples trip, so camon Disney give us the facts so we can digest and evaluate them!

erasure fan1

That's my understanding. Which, for those who DO buy into this plan, they will be so busy using their meal tickets, ride lines may not be too bad!
I was sort of thinking the same thing. We had a hard enough time planning 1 sit and 1 counter everyday. Man how crazy would 3 sit downs be!:lol:

lewisc

I suspect most (many?) deluxe plan guests will wind up having a lot of two credit meals. I could see a guest, staying at a deluxe resort, having a table service breakfast and then having a two credit dinner most nights. I'm not sure how many guests will actually have three TS meals per day.

wvdisneyfamily

This post is NOT intended for those that despise the dining plan. Do not read this if you hate the dining plan. I don't want any rude, scathing, or otherwise negative comments from those that wish the dining plan to go the way of the dinosaur. And yes, I am aware this is a public forum and you are free to express your views as well as harass those endlessly that have ideas different than your own. :fork:

That being said....

Even though this is unconfirmed, would it be a good move to begin complaining about the proposed changes? I just don't see it being of value if they make those changes.

fyn

This post is NOT intended for those that despise the dining plan. Do not read this if you hate the dining plan. I don't want any rude, scathing, or otherwise negative comments from those that wish the dining plan to go the way of the dinosaur. And yes, I am aware this is a public forum and you are free to express your views as well as harass those endlessly that have ideas different than your own. :fork:

That being said....

Even though this is unconfirmed, would it be a good move to begin complaining about the proposed changes? I just don't see it being of value if they make those changes.

While is dislike what the dining plan has done to the short term availability of ADRs, you've taken the right approach with what to do about this change if you disagree with it. Let Disney know. Call them, and if they confirm this change, tell them this effects your ability to justify the cost of the vacation because the package is dropping significantly in monetary value.

See? Us dining plan haters can be objective. And just to be clear, neither the plan, nor the people who use it, are evil. It just doesn't fit my eating habits, and causes an inconvenience for those who don't to make ADRs 7+ days in advance.

wvdisneyfamily

While is dislike what the dining plan has done to the short term availability of ADRs, you've taken the right approach with what to do about this change if you disagree with it. Let Disney know. Call them, and if they confirm this change, tell them this effects your ability to justify the cost of the vacation because the package is dropping significantly in monetary value.

See? Us dining plan haters can be objective. And just to be clear, neither the plan, nor the people who use it, are evil. It just doesn't fit my eating habits, and causes an inconvenience for those who don't to make ADRs 7+ days in advance.

I never said you were evil. I just am trying to preface my statement to filter reading! :ROFLOL:

Maerj

I liked the dining plan...the way it was! Hopefully these rumors are not true. I'd like them to keep gratuity as part of the plan, it just makes things a bit easier. It would make sense if they would keep tip as part of the Deluxe Plan at least. I was going to recomend the plan to my wife's sister's family for the big family trip next year but now I'm not sure.

Who would we email to complain/comment about this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom