Dining Plan Changes

PhotoDave219

There are also many people who don't like to carry cash on them, especially on vacation. The DDP will now be a little more inconvenient for those folks.

Everywhere i can think of on Disney property takes Visa. Including popcorn carts. I dont see how the "not carrying cash" argument stands up here. (The "out of pocket cash" argument stands up, as it was paid for already.)

KrazyKemp said:
Hmm...

Tips not included, eh?

Well...I guess we'll just have to do Free Dining from now on.

And then we have the freeloaders who believe they're entitled to things. :fork:

hrcollectibles

Ok...Something I always think about with the dining plan is: It keeps us on property. We like a nice sit down meal each night, I don't know that we could "out of pocket" have a 100 - 150 dollar meal each night for 7 to 10 days and not feel guilty. It is a whole 'nother thing when it was paid for 8 months ago.

Also...the tip... the other reason we get the package is no out of pocket cash for meals, it again was paid for "8 months ago". This blows that too.

And!! We have friends who ONLY use their credit card on trips. They are going to have to break out their card for tip only at the end of the meal?

So, I am not so happy with this either. I think we will pass on the dining plan in 2008. :cry:

Or they will have atms at every resturant.

I also noticed something new on teh list of places doing the dining plan. Is it my eyes or are only 4 of the Epcot World Showcase Restaurants on the list righ tnow on WDW's website.

Computer Magic

Ok...Something I always think about with the dining plan is: It keeps us on property. We like a nice sit down meal each night, I don't know that we could "out of pocket" have a 100 - 150 dollar meal each night for 7 to 10 days and not feel guilty. It is a whole 'nother thing when it was paid for 8 months ago.

Also...the tip... the other reason we get the package is no out of pocket cash for meals, it again was paid for "8 months ago". This blows that too.

And!! We have friends who ONLY use their credit card on trips. They are going to have to break out their card for tip only at the end of the meal?

So, I am not so happy with this either. I think we will pass on the dining plan in 2008. :cry:
I agree with you: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2406944&postcount=42

I remember when the last big change in the Dinning Plan happened in 05. There was hardly any places on the list to eat and the snacks was only popcorn, water and pop. Well Disney had to change it because of complaints.

I guess if enough people complain, it can change.

Computer Magic

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly or it's a typo from Disney.

It looks like the Deluxe Dinning Plan:

Includes:

Your meal from a Table Service location includes one (1) single serving:
[FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]e [FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Juice (breakfast)
[/FONT]
e [FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Appetizer (lunch & dinner)
[/FONT]
e [FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Entrée
[/FONT]
e [FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Dessert (lunch & dinner)
[/FONT]
e [FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Non-alcoholic beverage[/FONT]
[FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen][/FONT]
[FONT=TradeGothic CondEighteen,TradeGothic CondEighteen]Of course it's $30 more per night
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Now only if Tip was included in the Deluxe would this become a good option.

Rob562

I also noticed something new on teh list of places doing the dining plan. Is it my eyes or are only 4 of the Epcot World Showcase Restaurants on the list righ tnow on WDW's website.

This happened last year, too, so don't worry about it. Most of the restaurants in World SHowcase are not operated by Disney. So, they need to sign a contract with Disney stating how much money THEY will get for each use of a voucher, what's included, what *isn't* included, etc etc. I'm sure it's a tricky legal and financial issue. (and you thought trying to decide if the Dining Plan was right for YOU was tricky).

Some of these restaurants just didn't sign the contracts by the time Disney needed to release the 2008 DIning Plan info. As those restaurants sign off on the new version of the Plan, they'll be added to the list. The list seems to change weekly for the first month or so after it comes out. (I seem to recall Nine Dragons was the final hold-out last year...)

So don't fret, I'm sure most, if not all, Epcot restaurants that are on the 2007 plan will also be on the 2008 plan.

-Rob

Maerj

Everywhere i can think of on Disney property takes Visa. Including popcorn carts. I dont see how the "not carrying cash" argument stands up here. (The "out of pocket cash" argument stands up, as it was paid for already.)

I was referring to tips, I can't see many folks using their Visa cards just to leave a tip.

Computer Magic

This happened last year, too, so don't worry about it. Most of the restaurants in World SHowcase are not operated by Disney. So, they need to sign a contract with Disney stating how much money THEY will get for each use of a voucher, what's included, what *isn't* included, etc etc. I'm sure it's a tricky legal and financial issue. (and you thought trying to decide if the Dining Plan was right for YOU was tricky).

Some of these restaurants just didn't sign the contracts by the time Disney needed to release the 2008 DIning Plan info. As those restaurants sign off on the new version of the Plan, they'll be added to the list. The list seems to change weekly for the first month or so after it comes out. (I seem to recall Nine Dragons was the final hold-out last year...)

So don't fret, I'm sure most, if not all, Epcot restaurants that are on the 2007 plan will also be on the 2008 plan.

-Rob
It would help the new plan by adding new restaurants that was not on the list in 07, ie Furtons :slurp:

KrazyKemp

And then we have the freeloaders who believe they're entitled to things. :fork:

Ouch, that kinda stings a little bit.

I am by no means a freeloader, my friend. I spend just as much money on Disney World vacations as anyone else. More, in fact because I live in Sacramento and have to fly cross country to get there.

Yes, I loved the fact that I didn't have to leave a tip at my Table Service meals, it was another 100 - 200 dollars that I could spend purchasing merchandise off of the shelves, or even buy myself and my family some drinks or on-ride photos during our vacation...and isn't that what Disney wants?

Including the tip in the Dining Plan was one of the little special touches that made me appreciate how Disney treats their guests.

So forgive me for wanting to save a little on our family vacation, we are not all made of money, and some of us have to save all year to afford it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom