Dining Plan Changes

tjkref418

How much are the Premium/Platinum plans?

I actually believe that the platinum/premium plan runs closer to $150/day per person (if you include the fact that it includes premium MYW park tickets for the length of your say)

According to the website, the platinum plan includes 3 TS meals a day at any restaurant, including Room Service and a meal at V&A. It also includes more recreational options than I would know what to do this.

My question to everyone, is there any way that these packages can work out to be a reasonable value? My guess is no, but....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I actually believe that the platinum/premium plan runs closer to $150/day per person (if you include the fact that it includes premium MYW park tickets for the length of your say)

According to the website, the platinum plan includes 3 TS meals a day at any restaurant, including Room Service and a meal at V&A. It also includes more recreational options than I would know what to do this.

My question to everyone, is there any way that these packages can work out to be a reasonable value? My guess is no, but....
It all depends, value really depends on your point of view. If you are the type that really throws down when you go to WDW and eats 3 at TS restaurants per day then $150 per day for park tickets and 3 TS meals at any restaurant on property can be a steal. However if you are like most people who at most eat 1 TS per day it would be much more of a luxury than a value.

I loved the plan last year! I think the plan works well for me because; I enjoy eating & sampling ALL of the restaurants with no limitations. I use my CS on breakfast because I very seldom eat lunch while on vacation. I also like to tie in a Signature restaurant also. Dining out IS part of my vacation experience & I sometimes plan my day around where I want to dine. Even if I'm not at Disney!

I hope they don't change the plan. It works well the way it is. As all have said, the snack option on the plan now has many more options.

As for the tip: I don't think they will change this for logistical reasons. It would add too much confusion for the guests!!!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It all depends, value really depends on your point of view. If you are the typupe that really throws down when you go to WDW and eats 3 at TS restaurants per day then $150 per day for park tickets and 3 TS meals at any restaurant on property can be a steal.

3 TSs a day and Id be throwing up

coltow

I think there used to be a version of this years ago, long before there was something called the DDP.
When you bought your tickets for WDW you could buy the all-inclusive version that included all your meals.

:)
I had this on my honeymoon, it included all 3 meals and 1 snack per day. It didn't matter where you ate TS or CS and there were no 2 credit places. Let me tell you though it was WAY to much food. I think I skipped lunches a few days because I just couldn't eat anymore.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
3 TSs a day and Id be throwing up
You and me both. The family and I did WCC for breakfast and Trails end buffet for dinner last Saturday and even with a good 9 hours in between it was still pretty hard. I definitely ran out of steam early on during dinner. I could not imagine mixing in a Crystal Palace in there somewhere.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You and me both. The family and I did WCC for breakfast and Trails end buffet for dinner last Saturday and even with a good 9 hours in between it was still pretty hard. I definitely ran out of steam early on during dinner. I could not imagine mixing in a Crystal Palace in there somewhere.

I ate a lot of fish dishes last year so it was less of a "challenge" and I also avoided counter service deserts.

DisneyJoe

if you include the fact that it includes premium MYW park tickets for the length of your say
You are no longer forced into that option - you could get a single day base ticket if you wished.

Sample pricing given for the Premium plan is:

- 3 night stay, value resort, value season
- 4 day base tickets
$803 per adult based on double occupancy, so $1606 for 2 adults.

If we break out the pricing:

- 3 night stay value resort, value season, $82 * 3 plus tax = $276.75
- 2 adult 4 day base tickets = $215.13 x 2 = $430.26

room plus tickets = $707.01

leaving $1606 - $707.01 = $898.99

divide by 2 adults = $449.50 per person

divide again by 3 nights = $150 per adult per night

This is the Premium Plan - the Platinum costs more.

mrssparrow

I ate a lot of fish dishes last year so it was less of a "challenge" and I also avoided counter service deserts.

Most of the time, we took the counter service deserts with us as an extra snack.

I can't see them adding food to it for any other reason than to charge more. The way DDP is now, it is a lot of food. the last few days we would always have so many credits left over, it was our snacks to take to the airport.....

beanbunny

I agree with MRSSPARROW! We took the desserts with us. We also found it worked pretty well to skip breakfast (which I never do), have an early lunch - before the crowds hit - then an early dinner. I'd hate to see the snacks change (we love the soft pretzels at Norway) but it would be no big deal - we found we were too full to eat them anyway! Tipping is another issue - if they no longer included it with your DDP, I'm afraid a lot of people would try to "cheat" the system by undertipping - that's not fair to the servers!

JimboJones123

They would also have to add much more TS options. If places are already booked, what will happen of DDP guests double their TS options?

lewisc

Although I hope you're correct I doubt Disney went to the trouble of negotiating an end to the "included gratuity" with the union unless Disney is planning on getting rid of the included tip.

UK travel operators are already telling their customers that the 2008 dining plan won't include gratuity or appetizers (starters).

From what I have heard (insert salt here) the rumor of gratuity being removed from the DDP is not correct. Apparently the original source of this rumor misunderstood a change to another dinning plan and applied it to MYW dinning. Rumor 2 is correct, at least as correct as a rumor can be, no clue on rumor 3.

Dwarful

They would also have to add much more TS options. If places are already booked, what will happen of DDP guests double their TS options?

every place will become a buffet!

-someone posted earlier no tips OR appetizers?? If thats true the value of the DDP just dropped considerably!

lewisc

I suspect changes to the basic DDP will reduce the number of guests who purchase it. I suspect the plan that includes 3 TS meals per day will be priced high enough to limit the number of guests who purchase it.

Don't most DDP try to use their credits for dinner and try to avoid using them for breakfast? A person who has 3 TS meals per day isn't going to have two dinners.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Although I hope you're correct I doubt Disney went to the trouble of negotiating an end to the "included gratuity" with the union unless Disney is planning on getting rid of the included tip.

UK travel operators are already telling their customers that the 2008 dining plan won't include gratuity or appetizers (starters).
I have not heard of that little tidbit of info yet. Do you by chance no the wording of this removal of tips in the contract?

Buried20KLeague

I hadn't read that the included gratuity was part of the latest union negotiations... Is there a place you can point us to that states that?

Not calling you out, BTW... :wave: Just hadn't heard that, and if it's true, it obviously has a big impact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom