Digital Layouts

eagles

thanks disneyfalcon! i have it bookmarked and i looked quickly at it. i think i will try one at both places.

now this part will get expensive too! why do all my hobbies cost a lot? lol

eagles

animal kingdom

devine.jpg

Coree

Wow! These layouts are all great. I can see how it would be a huge help in getting layouts finished quickly. I'm feeling very stuck in my ways though with wanting to do things the traditional way. May have to experiment a bit though! Keep 'em coming. I love looking at them (as long as they don't have snakes on them :) ).

eagles

Wow! These layouts are all great. I can see how it would be a huge help in getting layouts finished quickly. I'm feeling very stuck in my ways though with wanting to do things the traditional way. May have to experiment a bit though! Keep 'em coming. I love looking at them (as long as they don't have snakes on them :) ).

thank you!

and i am sorry about the snake one. i don't mind snakes as long as we are separated by thick glass. i do think they are pretty, at least the green one was. but since it was part of our field trip i just had to do a page. and i liked the layout, with the layered photo look.

the more i am doing digital, the more i really like the "no-mess", easy clean up. it is so easy to change what i don't like, and move things around. i can put so many backgrounds up, then add pics and embellishments without using the kitchen table, all the chairs and all the counter space.

i just don't know what i am going to do with all my tradional stuff. wonder if i will ever use it again. but i might.

wdwmomof3

thanks all, i will go with the popcorn page then.l

wdwmomof3....i am doing mine in photoshop elements 4.0. can't afford the real good photoshop, (its on my wish list though).

its really easy to do, but time consuming with all the erasing involved.

I have played around with it some, I have photoshop 5.0 and I have learned to some things but I have a long way to go. Who do you use to print yours?

ljs1691

I am new to this so this may sound stupid but is there somewhere that you can go to download layout ideas from?

There are no stupid questions around here.

There are actually tons of sites that have galleries where you post your pages for others to see. In fact there are probably enough to keep you busy for hours just oooh-ing and aaah-ing at the layouts.
Here are a couple of places to check:
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?gallery=4
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_show/1

Several of the online stores have paper products and digital layouts for purchase as well. Some of these stores offer a few free digital layouts for digital newbies.
http://www.acherryontop.com/digital/type/digital_downloads/freebies/?sr=0&v=s0
http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/digikits.asp?f=c_336&c=24

I hope this gets you started.

eagles

I am new to this so this may sound stupid but is there somewhere that you can go to download layout ideas from?

i look at lots of galleries and i have a couple books and magazines around here.

but what i have been doing is looking on line for digital scrapbook kits. and then i just go with the flow.

for the tiger page, i actually had 3 different backgrounds up, with one of the tiger pics on it, then i started playing with the embellishments. eventually, it works itself out, the one that ends up here, is the one that stikes my fancy.

the snake one with the layered photo look, i found online, but it was for a program that you pay for. well if you have a photo editing program and can work in layers, you don't have to pay for that, do it yourself.

but i have been buying the digital kits. while each one may seem cheap, $1.99 up. i have paid 8.99 for one kit. but normally they are around 3.99. so it can add up quickly.

the good thing however, is that you can reuse everthing. mix and match and have a blast.

and remember, there are no stupid questions here. i think we all love chatting about scrapbooking as much as we like actually doing them (traditional or digital)

eagles

I have played around with it some, I have photoshop 5.0 and I have learned to some things but I have a long way to go. Who do you use to print yours?

i haven't printed yet. but i have 2 sites that i am going to test. pay day is friday, so i think i will give it a try then. i will let you know what happens.

also, if you need any help with photoshop, just ask away. i may beable to help, or someone here might beable to also.

this is turning into one of my favorite sites for digital kits.

http://store.digitalscrapbookplace.com/

eagles

[quote.

i just don't know what i am going to do with all my tradional stuff.

I do!!!! :D[/quote]

i actually thought about not posting that! :lol: but my stuff has come in handy for school projects for the kids. and spur of the moment cards.
so i don't think i can part with anything yet. :(

eagles

NO not hard at all.

do you have a program? in my program there is a drop dop menu with drop shadows in there. i just use that, and adjust the size and placement of the shadow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom