Digital Layouts

minnie2000

Minnie your digital layouts look great!! You and eagles make it look so easy!

I have had 12x12 pictures printed at Scrapbookpictures.com. They do a great job and it's only $3.50 for that size. Shipping is a flat $2.00. They package them very nicely and it arrived in excellent condition.

So until I can afford the Epson R1800...I'll have to stick with that!:)

The printers are expensive I know, and so is the ink.

mouselvrmom

minnie, I once again love the new layout you posted! The colors you used are great, and I really like your stitched border you added. It all goes together really nicely. The flowers that almost look 3 dimensional are nice, too. :)

eagles

i think you are being too hard on yourself. i really like your pages! maybe we are harder on ourselves, because i think the same way as you, i don't like 1/2 of mine either, but yours are really good.

i like digital scrapbook place, check it out. i am going to check out your site also.

minnie2000

I went to digital scrapbook place - it was great - thanks for the link!

Here are a few more (stop me if you've had enough!)

daisy.jpg

beerbeach.jpg

Polynesian.jpg

(just seen the mistake! the Polynesian was Oct 06, I will have to go back and change it!)

dukehoopsfan

I went to digital scrapbook place - it was great - thanks for the link!

Here are a few more (stop me if you've had enough!)

daisy.jpg

beerbeach.jpg

Polynesian.jpg

(just seen the mistake! the Polynesian was Oct 06, I will have to go back and change it!)

Minnie - I am not a digital scrapbooker but I visit this area often for page ideas. I LOVE Daisy and your "Daisy" page. Our family has an English Springer Spaniel named "Holly". We gave her to our kids as a surprise present this past Christmas. Her complete name is "Our Northern English Holly" (northern because that is in the name of the street we live on and we are in upstate NY, English for the obvious, and Holly for Christmas". I have pink and brown paper to scrapbook Holly's photos on - but never could come up with a layout I liked for her puppy days to now her year old photos. Thank you for some inspiration!

minnie2000

Dukehoopsfan - I'm glad you like it! Daisy is actually my parents' dog, and although she is very pretty and intelligent, she doesn't like any human contact, apart from us throwing the toy for her, again, and again, and again, you get the picture!

Are you going to do a layout of Holly, and post it for us to see?
:)

minnie2000

OK - here are two more that I have done this evening, now I am going downstairs to watch 'Heroes' with my husband, he seems to think I spend too much time on the computer.:D

lapland.jpg

tommy.jpg

eagles

ok thats it! i am not posting anymore pages, i am so jealous of your ideas.

seriously, i love the ideas you come up with for your layouts. are they all inside your head or do you use a site that has ideas?

my hubby has gotten used to me and the computer. lol

minnie2000

Some are my ideas, but not all. I have a few scrapbook magazines, and when I look through them something will catch my eye, and I use that for inspiration. I don't copy it exactly, just take ideas for colours, layouts or papers. Sometimes I see something simple, and think, 'I can do that!".

I have found some web pages that give layout suggestions. Some of these are pencillines.com and pagemaps.com. Try this website too - http://scrapbook.sandylion.com/ideagallery/artist1.aspx - you can click on a layout that you like and look at the 'recipe'. If you substitute similar colours and papers, it makes it much easier if you are stuck for ideas!

I find the hardest thing is choosing how to lay everything out. That is why I like digital - I can try lots of different things without using lots of expensive paper! When I have more experience, I will probably do more paper scrapbooking, but digital makes sense at the moment.

minnie2000

Here is one more, it was very simple to do, but it took me ages, because I kept changing my mind!

courchevel.jpg

I have a question for anyone who knows anything about photoshop. I have downloaded a new font from the internet, but I can't load or install it on to Photoshop! I am using a mac if that makes any difference. Can anyone help?

Uponastar

Some are my ideas, but not all. I have a few scrapbook magazines, and when I look through them something will catch my eye, and I use that for inspiration. I don't copy it exactly, just take ideas for colours, layouts or papers. Sometimes I see something simple, and think, 'I can do that!".

I have found some web pages that give layout suggestions. Some of these are pencillines.com and pagemaps.com. Try this website too - http://scrapbook.sandylion.com/ideagallery/artist1.aspx - you can click on a layout that you like and look at the 'recipe'. If you substitute similar colours and papers, it makes it much easier if you are stuck for ideas!

I find the hardest thing is choosing how to lay everything out. That is why I like digital - I can try lots of different things without using lots of expensive paper! When I have more experience, I will probably do more paper scrapbooking, but digital makes sense at the moment.

I have never done regular scrapbooking, because just entering that section of the craft stores was just too overwhelming. . .where does one begin?! But, this past Spring, when I decided to do a "Bride's Book" for my soon-to-be-married daughter, I discovered digital scrapping and became instantly hooked! It's so much fun and you can change your designs, as well as your mind, as often as you like. There are tons of free downloads on the net and the downloads for sale are inexpensive. I use PhotoShop. I didn't know much about it before I started, but I've been teaching myself as I go and it hasn't been hard at all. My daughter got married on Saturday and I'm now working on her wedding album and having a blast. If I can do it, anyone can!

eagles

Here is one more, it was very simple to do, but it took me ages, because I kept changing my mind!

courchevel.jpg

I have a question for anyone who knows anything about photoshop. I have downloaded a new font from the internet, but I can't load or install it on to Photoshop! I am using a mac if that makes any difference. Can anyone help?

check out the site that you downloaded the font from, ususally they have instructions to tell you how to install.

but what i do is: download to a folder i named "zippedfonts" then i right click and choose "extract all" then i go to my regular fonts folder (under control panel) and then i "add" font.

i thnk i am missing something here with my steps, it has been a well since i downloaded one.

but check that out and see if it helps. i will find a font to download to test it. i am not on mac though, so not too sure if it is that much different.

eagles

I have never done regular scrapbooking, because just entering that section of the craft stores was just too overwhelming. . .where does one begin?! But, this past Spring, when I decided to do a "Bride's Book" for my soon-to-be-married daughter, I discovered digital scrapping and became instantly hooked! It's so much fun and you can change your designs, as well as your mind, as often as you like. There are tons of free downloads on the net and the downloads for sale are inexpensive. I use PhotoShop. I didn't know much about it before I started, but I've been teaching myself as I go and it hasn't been hard at all. My daughter got married on Saturday and I'm now working on her wedding album and having a blast. If I can do it, anyone can!

please share some of your work, we would love to see them!

dukehoopsfan

Dukehoopsfan - I'm glad you like it! Daisy is actually my parents' dog, and although she is very pretty and intelligent, she doesn't like any human contact, apart from us throwing the toy for her, again, and again, and again, you get the picture!

Are you going to do a layout of Holly, and post it for us to see?

Minnie -

I will definitely work on a page and try to post it! Now that our daughter is finally settled into her freshman year of college - I think I will have time now to get back to scrapbooking!

Kim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom