Did you walk down the aisle to a Disney song?

DBF John

My GroomsMen and I walked down to David Benoit Spectro Medley and my bride walked down to a part of RoE, the "Adventure" segment I believe.

Disneyfan1981

I got married in a catholic church and was DEVASTATED that I couldn't walk down the aisle to here comes the bride. I had waited my whole life to walk down the aisle to that song and I felt like that was taken from me. I went home and cried after I met with the organist at our church.

Really? I was also married in a Catholic Church and they let us choose whatever we wanted to walk down the aisle. Once Upon a Dream was really close to being the song she walked down to. They suggested something more traditional but said whatever we wanted would be fine as long as we had the sheet music for it...

828tnt

No I think the supermarket was playing rock this weekend

:ROFLOL: veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit? lol!

my wife and i really wanted to do a disney wedding, but alas- no. there were some very important family members that could not make the trip (health issues). so, we did our best to have a disney wedding here at home!

disney music throughout the "formal" part of the reception, a disney cake and topper, disney tables (instead of flowers, we used candy in a disney mug, balloons, and a specific disney stuffed animal), disney invitations, napkins, ect of course. and we absolutely had "when you wish upon a star" as our song.

perhaps my favorite was our request.... instead of the "clanking on a glass for the kiss thing", we required someone, or a group to stand and sing a disney song for the tradition instead.

simply the most magical day of my life!

ErickainPA

Well since we got married at the Wilderness Lodge, the flutist played a Disney song as I walked through the door with my dad onto the balcony (4th floor). During our cake she played more Disney tunes, we wore our wedding mouse ears after the ceremony and through dinner at Artist Pointe and have a lot of pics of us with them on as we walked around after the ceremony (which was suppose to start at 3, started at 2:50 and was over at 3) until our 5:30 reservations for dinner (only guests at our wedding were my parents and my Aunt and Uncle)

DizneyPryncess

The instrumental during the seating of our guests was a medley of Disney songs. When we lit our unity candle, the band played "Candle on the Water". For our dinner hour, we played the Disney wedding CD. We didn't get married in Disney, we just themed it Disney at home.

During the reception, we danced to the Kimberly Locke version of "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes". Beautiful version! I actually walked down the aisle to a Smashing Pumpkins instrumental called Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness. It's pretty & I always loved them. :)

brkgnews

Poor Unfortunate Souls? :lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

I keeed, I keeeed. There's a gorgeous orchestral version of the Main Street Electrical Parade, of all things, that includes the heralding trumpets and drops into other Disney melodies too that I've always thought would be perfect for a wedding recessional.

wdwmomof3

I have three children as you all know, and I pray that at least one of them has a Disney themed wedding. It would be so sweet and very special.:)

Kamikaze

I got married in a catholic church and was DEVASTATED that I couldn't walk down the aisle to here comes the bride. I had waited my whole life to walk down the aisle to that song and I felt like that was taken from me. I went home and cried after I met with the organist at our church.

You should have just told them to forget it and gone elsewhere.

Jerriko

Married two year ago...yikes, already... lol

we had a very Disney Wedding, with a small touch of Star Wars(for me)

First our colours were Yellow, Red, blue and Black. for the walk down the aisle we chose Canon in D. but while guest were being seated, we played the original music from the ROE preshow. lots of great comments about that :)

Processional was my chose. My first choice was shot down , the Imperial MArch lol...but ended up be the throne room march from the end of A New Hope....People loved that two and were not surprised at all.

AT the reception, the tables were labeled as either a land or ride from disney parks in USA. Our cake was created by a Disnyfile such as us and was Mickey through and through.

Finally, our first dance was Promise for ROE, our last dance was Destiny from Mission : Space.

That's all

Chris

disfan411

got married july 17th and we had our entrance song the same as the song at the begininng of disney movies (not sure what that tune is called) and our first dance was "when you wish upon a star". For the start of dinner we played "be our guest" and throughout the night we played other disney songs as well. the brides cake had mickey's all over and we had "hidden" characters throughout the cake like pluto goofy donald and some others. Very cool. The grooms cake was spalsh mt. The cake lady put me and my wife in the log going down. very detailed.

maelstrom

If I ever do something crazy like walk down the aisle in my wedding, I'd walk to the theme from Star Wars! And then after we're married, we'd walk back down the aisle to When You Wish Upon A Star. No, random future spouse has no say in this.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

You remind me of myself and my once obsession with getting married at the Wedding Pavillion. :lol: Unfortunately it was way too expensive for us and impossible for me to have my large dream wedding so far away. I hope you one day get your dream wedding at the Pavillion!

Yup, so no Disney songs in the Catholic Church. Also, the Church does not allow for marriage outside of a church (yes...always exceptions) so you cannot have a Catholic marriage at the Disney Pavilion.

BTW, the reason "Here Comes the Bride" or the "Wedding March" by Wagner is associated with Pagan rites and is of a mock wedding in the opera. Details, details....:rolleyes:

So your option is to have a non-Catholic wedding as your "dream" wedding then have a small simple ceremony in a Catholic church if you need to have that formality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom