Did you walk down the aisle to a Disney song?

balletgirl2

I *WILL* be getting married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion :)

That's what I said too.....then reality set in :cry:.

None of my guests would come except my parents and my DH's parents and it was crazy expensive. So I did a traditional wedding, but I did have a Disney cake topper on my cake and at the bridal table my inlaws set out little plush disney characters out in the floral arrangements as a surprise for me.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

None of my guests would come except my parents and my DH's parents and it was crazy expensive. So I did a traditional wedding, but I did have a Disney cake topper on my cake and at the bridal table my inlaws set out little plush disney characters out in the floral arrangements as a surprise for me.

:( that sucks. I know Disney weddings are expensive. My BFF's who would be my bridesmaids already said they would go to Disney (one already lives in FL) and my DBF said we could have a Disney wedding if we get engaged. Our wedding would be small no matter where we get married so why not Disney?

Jessica618

I just got married in April, in a castle :king: no less...my DH was not too keen on the Disney song for a first dance, but I did have the florist put a 'hidden Mickey' using pink roses in my bouquet!

I_heart_Tigger

Ok I might ruin the romantic nature of this thread, just hoping you all have a sense of humour because I'm just not that into weddings but I am into Disney so let me give this a shot.

I recently declined to be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding because she has been sleeping around since she got engaged so the song I would pick for her is (and yes, I know I'm spelling it wrong) "Hi, Ho!" from Snow White.

For my wedding we'll start with the groom standing at the alter for an unsusually long time wondering if maybe I ditched him there while "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid plays

I would have the flower girls walk to "Following the Leader" from Peter Pan because for some reason they all seem to get off course, it's a straight line kids! Just walk to the end and stop.

Since I would have to be pretty darn drunk for anyone to get me to walk down the aisle I'll walk to either "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Winnie-the-Pooh (actually maybe I'll save that one in case I have chubby Bridesmaids) or "Strange Things Are Happening To Me" From Toy Story

The maid of honour would walk down to "I wanna Be Like you" from the Jungle book because I assume she would be jealous of me

At the reception we'll have a look at the gifts while "Mine, Mine, Mine" from Pocahontas plays just so the groom knows which one us of the gifts are actually for

Our first dance will be to "I'll make a Man out of you" from Mulan

I'll have the DJ dedicate "God Help the Outcasts" from Hunchback to all the grooms ex's

As we head off to the Honeymoon we would play "The Bare Necessities" :animwink:

Disneyfan1981

My wife and I had a Sleeping Beauty themed wedding but when it came to the aisle song she chose "Canon in D". We did have "Once Upon a Dream" and "Someday My Prince Will Come" playing as instrumental music before the ceremony and as a joke the musicians played the theme from "Beauty and the Beast" when we walked down together afterwards.

MrsToad71

At our wedding all of the songs that were played while everyone was being seated were Disney songs- We had a Wall-e and Eve cake topper :)

DiPSU224

My wife and I's song was "When you wish upon a star" by Olivia Newton John. As for the song when you walk down the aisle keep in mind that if you get married in a church, most churches will require a religious song. We couldn't even use the traditional "Wedding March".

I got married in a catholic church and was DEVASTATED that I couldn't walk down the aisle to here comes the bride. I had waited my whole life to walk down the aisle to that song and I felt like that was taken from me. I went home and cried after I met with the organist at our church.

I *WILL* be getting married at Disney's Wedding Pavilion :)

You remind me of myself and my once obsession with getting married at the Wedding Pavillion. :lol: Unfortunately it was way too expensive for us and impossible for me to have my large dream wedding so far away. I hope you one day get your dream wedding at the Pavillion!

AshaNeOmah

That's just the thing, though. We had a guest list of 250+ people in our hometown to invite to our wedding. It was going to be waaayyyy expensive to find a church/chapel, banquet hall, decorations, catering, ect. for that many people. We trimmed it down to 60 close family and friends. We gave them 12 months advance waning so anyone who wanted to go would have the time to save for a 2-3 day trip. 45 or so ended up attending. It was cheaper than a local ceremony would have cost us and we got to experience our day in Disney World.

I definitely understand that a wedding is a family experience but I only plan on doing it once and my wife and I agreed that it was our day. The frugality (cheapness) of others was not going to stop us from doing what we really wanted.

Ilovewishes

My aisle music was completely hijacked and I wasn't allowed my first OR second choice of music! I really wanted Beauty and the Beast but my mother helpfully pointed out that if I was the Beauty, that made my DH the Beast and she didn't think he or his family would take too kindly to that (I know, she thought about it waaaay too much!).

My second choice was the Rose Adagio from the ballet of Sleeping Beauty but my DH put the kabosh on that and refused to let me have it as he said it was used (or was very similar to music used) in the Godfather or one of those films and was played as someone was beaten to death and he didn't want that image in his mind whilst I was coming down the aisle towards him!

So I had to make do with "May It Be" by Enya from the first Lord of the Rings film. Worked out quite well though, as that is my fave film, we signed the register to "All I ask of you" from Phantom of the Opera (another obsession of mine) and had our first dance to Elton John's "Can you feel the love tonight", from the Lion King my fave ever Disney film!

So we got Disney in there eventually, and to make it up to me, he booked us into the Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon and surprised me with it at the airport as we filled in our visa forms!

jen2009

Had my wedding in March at the Disney wedding pavillion. Could not get the walk down right with "When you wish upon a star", so we had disney music play while guests were being seated. We walked back down the aisle to Shrek's "I'm a Believer" and then more Disney music.

I found it hard to get a good Disney song to walk down the aisle to. I guess that I got married in Disney was well worth it even though I didn't walk down the aisle to a disney song. One better is that I got to see Cinderella's castle and my groom as I was walking down the aisle though.:)

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That's just the thing, though. We had a guest list of 250+ people in our hometown to invite to our wedding. It was going to be waaayyyy expensive to find a church/chapel, banquet hall, decorations, catering, ect. for that many people. We trimmed it down to 60 close family and friends. We gave them 12 months advance waning so anyone who wanted to go would have the time to save for a 2-3 day trip. 45 or so ended up attending. It was cheaper than a local ceremony would have cost us and we got to experience our day in Disney World.

I definitely understand that a wedding is a family experience but I only plan on doing it once and my wife and I agreed that it was our day. The frugality (cheapness) of others was not going to stop us from doing what we really wanted.

My thoughts exactly! My bridesmaids are already on-board with the whole Disney-thing

fredtom

We were married aboard the permanently docked Queen Mary... My bride walked down the aisle to the traditional wedding march, but we had requested that the organist play "When You Wish Upon a Star" during the intro as guests were being seated. It's on our wedding video.

An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Tinkyroo

Boy that would have been a great idea! The only thing on my mind was getting us married ASAP - so he wouldn't change his mind! :D I did not pick out anything at all! I did not care about the wedding. The only thing I wanted was to honeymoon at WDW but was denied! We went to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica instead. That's ok - we've been happily married for 13 1/2 years now. And, we've been to WDW many times since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom