Did you walk down the aisle to a Disney song?

DiPSU224

Yup, so no Disney songs in the Catholic Church. Also, the Church does not allow for marriage outside of a church (yes...always exceptions) so you cannot have a Catholic marriage at the Disney Pavilion.

BTW, the reason "Here Comes the Bride" or the "Wedding March" by Wagner is associated with Pagan rites and is of a mock wedding in the opera. Details, details....:rolleyes:

So your option is to have a non-Catholic wedding as your "dream" wedding then have a small simple ceremony in a Catholic church if you need to have that formality.

I had heard that Here Comes the Bride was associated with pagan rites but didn't know the same went for the wedding march. They had no problem with us using that for the recessional.
I don't think it is rule in all Catholic churches, as I have been to quite a few Catholic wedding masses since my wedding 3 years ago that have played Here Comes the Bride. I'm a little bitter every time I hear it. :lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I had heard that Here Comes the Bride was associated with pagan rites but didn't know the same went for the wedding march. They had no problem with us using that for the recessional.
I don't think it is rule in all Catholic churches, as I have been to quite a few Catholic wedding masses since my wedding 3 years ago that have played Here Comes the Bride. I'm a little bitter every time I hear it. :lol:

Yup....the joys of being Catholic....:eek:

It was made very clear to us (more than a few years ago) that these were all out of the question. But you and others are 100% correct as certain parishes are a lot more flexible, even to weddings outside of a church.

Here is a good reference for all this stuff:

http://catholicweddinghelp.com/questions/rules-requirements.htm

The following is from a dialog from a priests Q&A website:

Thanks for your inquiry. As you know, marriage is a sacrament of the church. Therefore, music that is used during a wedding should be religious in nature. "Here comes the Bride..." (from "Lohengrin") is a secular piece of music, and comes from an opera that does, in fact, deal with pagan themes. As to your second question, regarding whether the song was played at the death camps during the Holocaust, we had not heard that before, and have no information.

The Saints Peter and Paul "Wedding Arrangement Guidelines", which are in keeping with the rules of our Archdiocese, say: "The wedding processional by Wagner ("Here comes the Bride") is discouraged...some may be sensitive to the fact that this work is not in keeping with the deeply religious nature of the Sacrament of Matrimony."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom