Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

RedBaron

Exactly my point. It's easy, especially in a case like this when you have no kids, to be so black and white and self righteous about rules and laws, that one would actually be so absurd as to say that someone needs to be arrested simply because their child had to go right now. According to the logic of one poster, you should have been arrested for allowing your child to engage in public urination. But things aren't so black and white. There are emergency situations that come up where sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Or in some cases, someone just does something so fast that you, as a parent, can't really do anything about it except watch in embarrasement. :ROFLOL:

Exactly. I think the most embarrassing moment of our 4th of July incident is when she bent over, rear end facing the street, to pull up her pants. Even thought no one said anything, I'm sure someone must have seen it and had a good laugh, or maybe was mortified and tried to call the police on us. :ROFLOL:

pacochran

A few years ago we were riding the boats back from MGM to BCV and my son was wearing a Red Sox shirt, so the boat captain was from NY and we started teasing (good nature teasing) back and forth. There was apprently another Red Sox fan and he got involved but was obnoxious about it. I'll give the boat captain credit as she kept a smile on her face. As the other guy was leaving she said "Have a Magical Day" but the way she said it was classic. We laughed afterwards with her.

ldsprincess

Just thought of another funny one...not terribly shocking but still funny.

Part of my job was to engrave names on leather bracelets for guests. A young newlywed couple came up (they had Just Married @ Disney shirts on) and they were picking out bracelets for each other. They were quite cute together, not too overboard with the PDA's but just holding hands and whispering and stuff.

When they finally picked out some bracelets, the hubby said "You get them engraved and I'll go get us some frozen lemonade"

Unfortunately he was still within earshot when she said, "Can you engrave Kelly on this one and Richard on that one........OMG, I mean BRIAN, engrave Brian on that one!"

The hubby stormed of to the drink cart and I said, "whoops, is Richard an ex or something?"

And she said, "No, Richard is his brother"

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun
omg!!! that totally cracked me up! haha. thanks. that made my day!

jennc2001

While I think the parent could have disposed of it in a better way and made a better attempt to find a toilet, I have no problem with a small child having to go. I wonder if some people make assumptions because they don't have kids? A few years ago, I would have found this scenario disgusting as well. Now that I have 2 small kids, I understand. When my 3 year old says she has to go potty, what she is really saying is that she has had to go for quite a while, and now we are in an emergency situation and needs a toilet right now. Sometimes there is just not time to get to a bathroom. Actually over the 4th of July weekend we were enjoying festivities at our local park and my daughter made her "I have to go potty" announcement and before we could do anything, she just pulled down her pants and went (#1) right there in the grass. While my husband and I were not at all thrilled that she did this, there was not much we could do. I just explained to her that she needs to let us know when she thinks she has to go so we can find a toilet.

i agree!! last september when we were in WDW, we were right in the middle of potty training. we were at DAK and watching "it's tough to be a bug" and my son had to go potty....right then!! :) we rushed out and tried to find a potty, but he couldnt hold it any longer and went right in the floor of a gift shop! i asked for paper towels so i could clean it up but they said they would take care of it! i was so embarassed and felt so bad for the person that had to clean it up. but....that's just how it is sometimes! :)

sbkline

i agree!! last september when we were in WDW, we were right in the middle of potty training. we were at DAK and watching "it's tough to be a bug" and my son had to go potty....right then!! :) we rushed out and tried to find a potty, but he couldnt hold it any longer and went right in the floor of a gift shop! i asked for paper towels so i could clean it up but they said they would take care of it! i was so embarassed and felt so bad for the person that had to clean it up. but....that's just how it is sometimes! :)

Shame on Disney for not calling the cops on you, you desperate outlaw! :p:ROFLOL:

TakeMeThere81

Well, I am NOT proud of this but it was kind of funny...both times.

First, a few years ago we took our only 2 kids then to Disneyland for the first time. While waiting in the holding area for The Enchanted Tiki Room, our 4-year-old was admiring the tiki statues and fountains. Well, there was this one that he apparently thought looked like it was peeing, so he joined along and peed in the fountain. It was pretty embarrassing but we told a castmember just so they knew. At least there wasn't a puddle on the floor, he'd gone in the water.

Now only a year ago and our middle son is 4. We're waiting outside the Land pavillion at EPCOT for DH and oldest DS to get off Soarin' and DS decides HE has to potty #1 and whips it out in a bush, right in the middle of the walkway where they have a landscaped partition. He was already peeing before I could stop him! I know it sounds bad, but I sort of just acted like I didn't know he was doing it and busied myself with our baby. Not like I could do anything about it!

I'm afraid to take our youngest baby boy, who knows where he'll end up peeing!!:p

stitchrules223

Here's one that I got to observe on my recent trip to WDW, this instance happening at Epcot:

I was walking more or less within the World Showcase promenade (from Mexico) when I noticed a quite disgruntled mother walking next to her son, with her teenage daughter and the father in tow. The mom then proceeded to say, in a very loud voice (bear in mind it was quite crowded, being July and what not): "Well if your sister would stop worrying about what's in her boyfriend's pants and start studying her math, she would actually be passing her classes!!!" The daughter looked mortified, the son confused, and the dad was just kind of shuffling along, pretending he didn't exist. :lookaroun I find it to be quite disturbing, although it did provide a few good laughs between my husband and I.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, I am NOT proud of this but it was kind of funny...both times.

First, a few years ago we took our only 2 kids then to Disneyland for the first time. While waiting in the holding area for The Enchanted Tiki Room, our 4-year-old was admiring the tiki statues and fountains. Well, there was this one that he apparently thought looked like it was peeing, so he joined along and peed in the fountain. It was pretty embarrassing but we told a castmember just so they knew. At least there wasn't a puddle on the floor, he'd gone in the water.

Now only a year ago and our middle son is 4. We're waiting outside the Land pavillion at EPCOT for DH and oldest DS to get off Soarin' and DS decides HE has to potty #1 and whips it out in a bush, right in the middle of the walkway where they have a landscaped partition. He was already peeing before I could stop him! I know it sounds bad, but I sort of just acted like I didn't know he was doing it and busied myself with our baby. Not like I could do anything about it!

I'm afraid to take our youngest baby boy, who knows where he'll end up peeing!!:p
:lol: I see a trend here! :lol:

Swood35

Just thought of another two :). Not really shocking, but more funny.

Back in 2006, we were down in WDW around the time of the FIFA soccer finals. Since I am mostly Italian, before the finals, I wanted to find myself an Italy jersey(Since the US had been eliminated, I thought I would cheer for my number 2 team.) I looked at the merchandise outpost in Epcot (can't seem to remember it's name) and started looking for a jersey. I grabbed a blue jersey which I thought was an Italy jersey. It turned out to be an Argentina jersey. Well, it seemed like from out of nowhere, an entire latin American youth group fills up that little outpost, and they start dancing and singing and cheering around me. Of course, I am clueless, since I think I have an Italy jersey on :shrug:. Once I realized I had an Argentina jersey on, I took it off, and the group scattered. So, I grabbed an Italy jersey and went to check out. But, before I made it to the counter, one of the youth group members came back to me and started yelling at me in Spanish. I didn't know what she was saying then, so I just gave her a clueless look and continued to the counter, bought the jersey, and walked out. This was when I first experienced the wonder known as the Latin American tour groups that everyone on these boards loves :p.

Another moment happened at Fantasmic during the same trip. Again, the tour groups were all over the stands. I swear, it was like being at an international soccer match. Different groups were waving flags from every country in South America, and they were all singing songs and yelling at each other. All of the people trying to take their seats and prepare for the show were all annoyed by this. It finally took an announcement over the PA system and CM's telling each group to be quiet and sit down. Man, I loved Disney's CMs a little bit more that night :D.

WildLodgeFan

ok so many differences of opuinion on different parenting matters . I found this article very enlightening.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20041112-000010.html
I think it holds to how I feel being a parent in my late 30's and seeing "some" younger generation parenting in the past few years

Intriguing. It's funny they use one of the points I constantly use with my children when they complain about chores. I always tell them, yep, no one necessarily likes taking out the trash, emptying the dishwasher, washing and drying clothes, but the reality is, my job as a parent is to teach you the skills you need to become an adult, so yes, you have to do it, because otherwise how are you going to take care of yourself when I push you out the door. :animwink:

Tears0Fire3000

In January me and my brother were walking around world showcase and ended up waiting at the american pavillian for a show in front of it to be over to pass. In front of us was a family also waiting with 2 boys whom looked like they were in there late teens and a a girl whom appeared to around 15, you could feel the tension, I figured it was the boys whom ed their parents off. All of a sudden the daughter turns to her father and goes "Grandma wants to die, you know!" :eek: well my jaw drops at that alone but it gets better dad's response is "hey, not now", and daughter drops it, but not without muttering "well she does". Thank god we could pass then because as soon as we met each others glances me and my brother lost it.

Also not as funny but we were waiting on line for soarin and were back by where you first get in line when a cast member tells everyone to move up and fill all the space and we walked all the way half through the blue area, apparently everyone was standing in total single file.:hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In January me and my brother were walking around world showcase and ended up waiting at the american pavillian for a show in front of it to be over to pass. In front of us was a family also waiting with 2 boys whom looked like they were in there late teens and a a girl whom appeared to around 15, you could feel the tension, I figured it was the boys whom ed their parents off. All of a sudden the daughter turns to her father and goes "Grandma wants to die, you know!" :eek: well my jaw drops at that alone but it gets better dad's response is "hey, not now", and daughter drops it, but not without muttering "well she does". Thank god we could pass then because as soon as we met each others glances me and my brother lost it.

Also not as funny but we were waiting on line for soarin and were back by where you first get in line when a cast member tells everyone to move up and fill all the space and we walked all the way half through the blue area, apparently everyone was standing in total single file.:hammer:

Yes the American Adventure has that affect on me too.

Chernabogfan

My mom has a bit of an inner ear issue, which has gotten worse as she's gotten older but she does pretty well. Well, on one trip in the mid to late 70's my mom, dad, brother & I were waiting in line to get on Space Mountain. Now we knew my mom's penchant for nausea, but she figured "Hey, it's Disney, how bad can it be?" Mistake #1. We ride the ride and I was seated in fron of my mom, I think the bruises on my shoulders from her hanging on to me lasted about a week:lol:. As we're on the moving sidewalk on the way out, we pass the cameras that show on closed circuit TV and I notice my mom looks pretty green. She held it together until we got outside and then unloaded on a shrub in front of people waiting in line:hurl:(back then the line structure was different.) Boy did we hear some gasps, meanwhile my dad, brother & I are all,:lookaroun. She went to the med center & spent the rest of the day there, we had a ball at MK the rest of the day.

Fast forward to 2005. My mom & I are doing the EPCOT DiveQuest diving adventure in the Living Seas(if you're certified SCUBA diver, this doesn't come any higher recommended. The Disney experience is there in spades), while my wife & kids watch from outside. Mom gets that look on her face again and I motion for her to head for the surface. Once topside I ask if she's okay, she says yeah, but getting nauseous. I tell her in no uncertain terms that she's not going to do that to me again , this time in a giant fish tank full of people watching. She laughed & climbed out and was treated with the utmost concern & respect by the Living Seas staffers & dive master Ed Ryan. We(Wife & Kids too) were treated to a backstage tour of the attraction and wound up having a really special day that culminated with our favorite thing, Illuminations. I shudder to think what it would've looked like if my mom hurled in the tank.:eek:

YodaGirl

My story is probably the tamest of everyone's, but it definitely sticks out in my mind.

We were at the Settlement Bus stop in Fort Wilderness back in the day where you could actually swim in Bay Lake. We hadn't been sitting there too long, when a guy wanders up from the beach - in nothing but a neon green speedo. No towel. No shirt. Not so much as a pair of flip-flops. That was about 20 years ago, and I STILL remember that. I think my brother and I very loudly announced it to my mom. He had to have heard, but he never turned around.

And to top it off, he left his wet butt print on the bench...

carole

We were staying at All Star Sports and were walking through to go back to our room when the the man in front coughs and proceeded to spit the whole lot on the wall with the photographs on. :eek: I thought I was going to be sick it was disgusting.

Senderella

Note to parents: dressing up your bratty, snotty daughter in the most expensive princess dress you can find does not make her cute. It makes her spoiled rotten.

LOL This reminds me of my story. It was the last night of our trip back in May and we were on the MK boat going back to the WL. There was a little girl who was VERY over tired (It was VERY late) dressed up like Snow White. Her and her family were sitting next to one of the boat exits and we were sitting on the benches at the front of the boat (right next to them practically). This little "princess" was screeching like a dang velociraptor during the whole ride back. The boat captain got out to dock us at the WL and asked the little girl "where her dwarves were". The boat was pretty quiet up to this point except for little miss Snow. Her father, under his breath and quietly said, "she ate them". LOL I have to say I snorted so loud the entire boat heard me. LOL I exited quite quickly after that.

Senderella

My personal worst thing:

A very large—very large—woman walking around only in a bra and short shorts because she was sweating too much.

My eyes! :eek:

LOL Try a very very large woman walking around in super shorty shorts, tank top with no bra and the straps pulled down under her arm pits!! :hurl: Saw that in France at Epcot!!! I feel your pain dude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom