DHS CARS LAND

cynic710

if i got a wish list for carsland east, i would want:

- a doc hudson walk-thru (complete with psiton cups)
- no luigi racers, but some sort of food purchase involving case della tires and the whitewalls.
- i will agree with all as i said before that a MI coaster would be awesome, and in its own way can tie into carsland.
- also like i said before, a tie-in to pixar place.

djkidkaz

I saw in another post Raven confirmed that yesterday morning the VP's and John Lassetter had a meeting at WDW in Epcot. Lassetter was also spotted and photographed over in the MK's new fantasyland yesterday as well. I think its very interesting with all this talk of Cars Land coming over to WDW that he would show up here. Could it just be a visit to see New Fantasyland? Maybe. But it could be a sign of something more....

ezralou

Some variant of carsland at DHS would be realistically ideal! RSR with subtle changes and MI coaster in place of Luigi's sounds fine by me. I liked the idea a million posts ago about retheming the area around Star tours and Indiana Jones as well. The best experience we had at DHS last year was the Jedi Training Academy. Though it caters to a particular audience, couldnt this be reimagined a la the Belle M and G in new fantasyland? That style would increase throughput and could have multiple interactive elements.

Skibum1970

Luigi's being traded out for a dark ride would be good. Find a piece that Racers doesn't hit too much and build out from it. Or, transition from Carsland to a place that an "Up" dark ride could fit. Then, that could transition to an area for the Monsters, Inc coaster. Pixar has become such an important part of Disney at this point that Disney has a lot of intellectual property to select.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Luigi's being traded out for a dark ride would be good. Find a piece that Racers doesn't hit too much and build out from it. Or, transition from Carsland to a place that an "Up" dark ride could fit. Then, that could transition to an area for the Monsters, Inc coaster. Pixar has become such an important part of Disney at this point that Disney has a lot of intellectual property to select.

I was thinking the other night, and yes, an expansion of Pixar place with Carsland and maybe an Up or Mi attraction makes sense... you'd think they'd renamed the park to Disney/Pixar's Hollywood Studios.

Mukta

I was thinking the other night, and yes, an expansion of Pixar place with Carsland and maybe an Up or Mi attraction makes sense... you'd think they'd renamed the park to Disney/Pixar's Hollywood Studios.
Which I could handle thematically. Don't pretend that it is route 66 in California. Just admit that it is a ride based on a movie and your theme park is movie based. I would still prefer unique attractions. I don't see why people are so against visiting California to see carlsland. It already exists and you can visit it.

Beholder

Exactly, although I'll be shocked if it's an exact copy and if Luigi's isn't replaced by something that actually does something. Also, would expect Mater's to be covered ...

I was thinking this exactly, that Mater should/would get a larger role in another "Cars Land". It's a no-brainer that arguably the most popular character to come out of the Cars
franchise needs a bigger profile. If merchandise is such a big factor in any future attraction/ride considerations, then this seems so obvious.

Beholder

Which I could handle thematically. Don't pretend that it is route 66 in California. Just admit that it is a ride based on a movie and your theme park is movie based. I would still prefer unique attractions. I don't see why people are so against visiting California to see carlsland. It already
exists and you can visit it.

It'd be interesting if they'd thematically and visually change it up a bit to develope a the east coast version with a little of it's own character. Perhaps a southern/tropical twist to the scenery. It doesn't have to be route 66, it could be a drive through Gator Alley. Sounds silly I suppose, but just thinking (typing) out loud.

Lee

Adventurer
Because it's hard to believe that a TDO who nickle and dimes us to death, who constantly takes away and doesn't give would invest this heavily into restrooms ... that no one asked for.
They are investing in them for a couple of reasons.
- They had to put something there. (Though the old plan to put Pixie Hollow there was better, IMHO...)
- They needed to improve the crowd flow through that busy area, and provide an additional seating area.
- They want to use the existing restrooms for Pan's expanded (FP+) queue.

The quality of the design and theming doesn't surprise me. I would have been much more surprised if they had put some generic-looking restrooms in that scenic spot.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

They are investing in them for a couple of reasons.
- They had to put something there. (Though the old plan to put Pixie Hollow there was better, IMHO...)
- They needed to improve the crowd flow through that busy area, and provide an additional seating area.
- They want to use the existing restrooms for Pan's expanded (FP+) queue.

The quality of the design and theming doesn't surprise me. I would have been much more surprised if they had put some generic-looking restrooms in that scenic spot.

Pixie Hollow for how it ties in with Pan does make more sense... However, that's what I think impresses me. The time and energy to detail for something like this is what gets me and with everyone complaining how TDO doesn't care anymore... Anyway, as always, thanks for the input, Lee!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom