DHS CARS LAND

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Besides if they did make a fifth park it would have to hands down be Disney Sea! But agree that the other four parks need to be at their best before thy do that!

They'd screw it up...

The problem is, while the idea of bringing DisneySea to WDW is that it will inevitably be compared to the Tokyo version...the one that cost $4 Billion

stevehousse

Wow I didn't know tht park cost that much!!! The park looks absolutely stunning in all the photos I've seen so I can certainly see why. Was this one of the parks Disney paid for on their own or did Japan help fund them?

PeterAlt

I met John Lasseter today at Epcot. He and his wife are doing beverage seminars for their winery as part of the Food and Wine Festival. You can meet him yourself if you go to the Festival Center where he should be signing bottles of wine (priced at $30 - $ 50), taking pictures, and answering questions from 3pm - 3:30pm on the 17th. They sell the wine directly for $24 - $40 so pricing isn't ridiculous. The seminar is from 2pm - 2:45pm and anyone can watch in the back, though space has long since sold out. He talks mostly about wine, but adds in some stories about Walt, Disneyland, etc.

Anyway, I asked him, "So is Cars Land coming to Florida?" His response was, "I sure hope so."

Take from that what you will. He also talked for a brief moment about New Fantasyland, which he was not aware was open to guests yet.

ikjsQ.jpg

Here they are presenting.

I believe him. I think he is pushing for it at WDW, but he's not the one who ultimately makes these decisions. It's Bob Iger's call. Hopefully, he has some influence and could talk him into it!

misterID

Will someone please ask Lasseter, while he's at EPCOT, if he thinks the state of EPCOT is acceptable, more to the point: The stale, mish mash that is FW, the abomination of Imagination, a shuttered WOL pavilion just sitting there, an out of date UOE, the descent of SSE, the outdoor mall that is World Showcase and lack of attractions (but still charging full theme park prices!) the fact they're selling retro merch of an era that people are longing for, but are doing nothing to bring EPCOT back to that golden age.

I could get that out in one breath. And I didn't even mention Mission: (waste of)SPACE.

ADP2

Just thinking out loud here....Anyone think Disney and Universal are playing a cat and mouse game right now. Universal has not officially announced the expansion of Potter, but walking through Universal Studios it's obvious they are working on it. Amityville is completely gone and some foundation is beginning to appear over the walls. Backstage Magic ABD guests who've been through Imagineering report seeing the model of the new Cars Land for DHS. Does anyone think Disney and Universal want the other to make their major announcement first before the other? Just my opinion, but wouldn't it be better to make your major announcement second to sort of steal the thunder from your competitor's major announcement? Thoughts?

cynic710

Just thinking out loud here....Anyone think Disney and Universal are playing a cat and mouse game right now. Universal has not officially announced the expansion of Potter, but walking through Universal Studios it's obvious they are working on it. Amityville is completely gone and some foundation is beginning to appear over the walls. Backstage Magic ABD guests who've been through Imagineering report seeing the model of the new Cars Land for DHS. Does anyone think Disney and Universal want the other to make their major announcement first before the other? Just my opinion, but wouldn't it be better to make your major announcement second to sort of steal the thunder from your competitor's major announcement? Thoughts?

even if that is the case, the winners in this game are us, the visitors of the parks. because if nothing else we get new stuff and news and often. i would think that slow leaks over the interwebs are favored by the brass at disney and uni, as it keeps the story going.

Atomicmickey

Here's the thing about Lasseter. Do not expect an actual answer to any question.

Pixar is the most secretive studio around. No one talks. He's the head of that. He
knows that loose lips sink ships. Official word will come when official word comes,
I wouldn't answer straight if I were him. Maybe you can corner him, but I doubt it.
It's a professionalism thing, and a corporate thing, all at once.

Think about all the complaining we've done around here when info is released before
things are nailed down. Hyperion Wharf. Avatar. Cinderella's Chateau. Etc.

They will tell, when they will tell. We can all hope, but he probably won't say anything
publicly that is anything but an enigmatic tease.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Actually, I think that's exactly what they're doing. Don't reveal what you're thinking and never let the opposition/competition see your hand until it's too late.

even if that is the case, the winners in this game are us, the visitors of the parks. because if nothing else we get new stuff and news and often. i would think that slow leaks over the interwebs are favored by the brass at disney and uni, as it keeps the story going.

And I couldn't agree more! We all win, regardless. Why I keep saying we should stay optimistic and not go searching for the lifeboats haha

Atomicmickey

Backstage Magic ABD guests who've been through Imagineering report seeing the model of the new Cars Land for DHS.

They have? Where did you see that, and what did they say?

A big topic around here is if we're getting "full Cars Land" or a scaled down version, or just RSR.
If people have seen the model, or "a model" you'd think we'd have more confirmation.

ADP2

They have? Where did you see that, and what did they say?

A big topic around here is if we're getting "full Cars Land" or a scaled down version, or just RSR.
If people have seen the model, or "a model" you'd think we'd have more confirmation.
Not too many guests go through the Back Stage ABD and not all of them have seen it, but I've been told by those who went through they saw it. No pictures, no video out of Imagineering as you'd expect.

peterpanic74

I assume that this model would differ significantly from the DCA version of Carsland if these folks could visually identify it as the WDW version?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom