December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
hello..so im wondering about the parade filming..what can i expect if i choose to watch it..will it cause massive disruption to a normal day in the park ?..is it something worth seeing..?

It is very slow, repetitive, a lot of waiting and quite boring. You will not be allowed just to stop and watch. Either you are a part of the "permanent" audience, or you must continue moving.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Down to 110 days ... made some ADRs (slim pickings since BFF decided to come with her kids):

Garden Grill dinner (for Boy #1)
Akerhaus dinner (for Girl #1)
Sci-Fi lunch (for Boy #2)

MVMCP on the 2nd

Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure for the kids

BUT ... I totally forgot about the Candlelight Processional :brick: I don't know if the kids will be interested (first time to Disney and all that :confused:)

Upvote 0

CanadianMegan

Ahh I am so excited for my December trip!
We are staying at POFQ December 27th-January 4th. I have never been there for the Holiday season! It should be incredible, YAY!

Now if Continental would stop playing around with our flights I could enjoy the wait.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

December

Just checked My Vacation - 121 days to go!! We had a flight change through Airtran and we are arriving several hours earlier than originally scheduled. They wanted to put us into MCO at 9 pm at night. I told them if they were going to take away my non-stop then the least they could do is get me to the World early; persistance pays off. :) I'm looking forward to EMH at MK our first night and our first chance to see Spectro Magic. I have the MVMCP tickets and customized maps all set and waiting:sohappy: Doing the happy December dance here:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just checked My Vacation - 121 days to go!! We had a flight change through Airtran and we are arriving several hours earlier than originally scheduled. They wanted to put us into MCO at 9 pm at night. I told them if they were going to take away my non-stop then the least they could do is get me to the World early; persistance pays off. :) I'm looking forward to EMH at MK our first night and our first chance to see Spectro Magic. I have the MVMCP tickets and customized maps all set and waiting:sohappy: Doing the happy December dance here:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I would suggest that you not plan against that arrival timing too tightly. I will be willing to bet that they will juggle schedules at least once, maybe twice before December. Keep your eyes on it as they are not consistent about notification.

But I'll still keep fingers crossed that it stays as is for you!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I have a agree with the last post... Definitely check your flight status from time to time... My flight times were already changed for my December trip, and Airtran didn't even notify me! I been checking weekly since that happened.

Anyway, 109 long days to go till our December trip. 10 more days and I'll be doing the double digit dance!!! Pop Century here we come! :xmas:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

December 2008 ....

Yes, ClemsonTigger, I am aware of what Airtran is up to with schedule changes(probably all the rest of the airlines) I have had to change back to our current flight from ROC-ATL-MCO three times since they took away our non-stop flight in June:brick:. I check out our itinerary on-line every 3-4 days as I have yet to have them contact me and tell me they were changing the flight!! The boards alerted me to check things out in the first place. But I just keep sweetly calling them back and having them put us back on the flights.
But that's okay, it's now under 120 days (117) and we'll get to the World and have a fantastic time. Now, if they only started changing the one going home, we'd be on the last flight out of there going to ROC!!!
DH and I have been stepping up our evening walks to get into "park stamina mode" I don't want to be dragging my tail-feathers after day 2 in the parks. We're doing 2 1/2 plus miles a night so that should help, we keep telling DS (19) that he should join us, don't want the "folks" to show him up - he's disinclined to acquiess to our request:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

dove_

Haven't paid for anything yet (whoops?), but me and 3 of my bestest friends are planning our trip for dec 15-20. :) My ninth time, their firsts. A few of them went in like first grade, but we're in college now, and I don't count that.

We're planning on camping at Ft Wilderness (in a tent, yes, we are crazy), flying down from Michigan. How this will work, I have no idea, haha! But we will make it happen. So far our airfare, tickets, and room costs altogether is about $550.

Anyone know about the usual weather, and, more importantly, the crowd levels? It's the third week, so I'm worried about the holiday crowds.

Cannot wait!!!

Upvote 0

poohbr2015

101 days for us! We are Nov 28th - Dec 5th and can't wait. It will be our son's first ever disney trip, he will be 8 months old! Know he is still young, but for us its a big deal. I was 3 months for my first trip and have been back every year since sometimes 2 or 3 times a year! My husband had his first ever trip when he met me 11 years ago. We have been married since May 07, honeymooned in Disney and the minute we found out we were having a baby, all we could think about was taking him or her to disney!! So exciting! We have rooms booked at Caribbean Beach, one for us and one for my parents, they can't miss baby boy's first trip! We are seriously thinking about staying off site in a villa though this time, we can save a bit of money, plus have more space for little one to move around and to go to sleep at night without being disturbed by the rest of us. Anyway, we have some ADR's, not all of the ones that we wanted. We are still trying for Donald's breakfast in AK, but have had no luck.

I am so glad that we aren't down there right now with all of that rain heading for Orlando!

Upvote 0

slowbee

We're 114 days out from today.. we land the 11th and come home on the 16th. Since we're DVC members, we've had our room booked since January 11th... I don't know if that's the record in this thread... but I'm sure everyone here feels the same way.. IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO START PLANNING THE NEXT WDW TRIP...

Since I just booked our stay at the new Animal Kingdom Lodge, I'm always in a state of WDW planning..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom