December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Ok so I thought I was done with ADR's and was super excited about getting started on the rest of my trip. Then *bam* I find out the the Garden Grill is no longer going to serve lunch as of Oct 08. Thanks for the headache. I have one very picky eater and so I'm on the search again for a decent lunch we'll both enjoy. I had it planned to do after our Segway tour, any suggestions?

Well, you have your "basic fare" at American Adventure...burgers, salads, chicken.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Since when do they stay at the Deluxe resorts?

The cheerleaders in particular have "greater comfort requirements" than the football teams....also seem to have more discretionary income with their families. There were a fair number at POR last year...(as well as football teams). If I remember correctly...the football fight incident was at POR. When I was over visiting at GF, there were two groups breaking into their spontaneous routine...just in case I had missed it at the competition... :brick:

Still not enough to make me think to reschedule my early December visit. Doesn't impact my sleep or park time...the biggest hassle is on the busses....when a group of 40 or so decide they have to ride on the same bus. Witnessed more than a few heated exchanges over that with the little prima donnas...

Upvote 0

TestTrack

The cheerleaders in particular have "greater comfort requirements" than the football teams....also seem to have more discretionary income with their families. There were a fair number at POR last year...(as well as football teams). If I remember correctly...the football fight incident was at POR. When I was over visiting at GF, there were two groups breaking into their spontaneous routine...just in case I had missed it at the competition... :brick:

Still not enough to make me think to reschedule my early December visit. Doesn't impact my sleep or park time...the biggest hassle is on the busses....when a group of 40 or so decide they have to ride on the same bus. Witnessed more than a few heated exchanges over that with the little prima donnas...

That doesn't mean they were staying at that resort. I have never heard of any of the teams staying at a deluxe before you said so. I know that some can stay in the mods. The fight didn't break out at POR is was at the All stars...sports I believe.

I went with the Poly partially to get away from the buses with the "prima donnas" on them. Hopefully that will be the case.

Now I am just wondering if I should skip EMH at night. Anyone got experience with crowds when MK is open til 11 in dec?

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
That doesn't mean they were staying at that resort. I have never heard of any of the teams staying at a deluxe before you said so. I know that some can stay in the mods. The fight didn't break out at POR is was at the All stars...sports I believe.

I went with the Poly partially to get away from the buses with the "prima donnas" on them. Hopefully that will be the case.

Now I am just wondering if I should skip EMH at night. Anyone got experience with crowds when MK is open til 11 in dec?

True...but they were, I rode over on the bus with them. It seems a number of the parents chose to be separate from the bulk of the participants.

It's been my experience that none of these groups have a real impact on the parks. There are isolated "cheer eruptions", but crowd size and behavior are no different from an average day. The bigger disruption is on filming days at MK, and it spills over into the evening a bit. I have never felt the need to consider altering my visit dates.

PS: And, you are correct, the fight was at AS Sports...I was too lazy to check before...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2637247&postcount=1

Upvote 0

TestTrack

True...but they were, I rode over on the bus with them. It seems a number of the parents chose to be separate from the bulk of the participants.

It's been my experience that none of these groups have a real impact on the parks. There are isolated "cheer eruptions", but crowd size and behavior are no different from an average day. The bigger disruption is on filming days at MK, and it spills over into the evening a bit. I have never felt the need to consider altering my visit dates.

PS: And, you are correct, the fight was at AS Sports...I was too lazy to check before...
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2637247&postcount=1

Do we know what days the parade will be filmed on yet? Just so I can plan that into my choice of parks everyday

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm FINALLY under 150 days and over 1/2 paid on my trip - just need to book airline tickets and I'll be all set :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

CinderALLIE

I will be at All-Star Music from 22/12-7/1 - All Disney, All The Time!! Before that I stay offsite while doing the minor themeparks - lol.
My flight is quite hectic, but worth the extra travel:
Melbourne-LA, LA-Vegas (Couple of days)
Vegas-Dallas, Dallas-Orlando
Orlando-Miami, Miami-Memphis (Couple of days)
Memphis-Dallas, Dallas-LA, LA-Melbourne.:snore:
I have also finished booking my ADR's and got everything I wanted, which made me happy as I was freaking out.
1st visit in December, 2nd visit to WDW (Oct 06)
:xmas:

And while offsite on 12/12 I'm heading over to MVMCP!

Upvote 0

momofnine

:xmas: Wow, just checked my countdown.... 115! soon we will be in double digits!:sohappy: Everything is planned, just waiting to see if any discount codes will come out. Anyone else as excited as I am?

Upvote 0

JnKmon

We're checking into the Polynesian on December 5th...and yes, I'm driving everyone around me nuts already. My wife and I started trading "120 days and counting" e-mails a week or 2 ago.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

YAY!!:sohappy::sohappy: We're going Dec 6-13th. I'm so excited for the holiday happenings:xmas:, and also because this is our second trip so I assume we'll be more relaxed and have even more fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

cushion

hello..so im wondering about the parade filming..what can i expect if i choose to watch it..will it cause massive disruption to a normal day in the park ?..is it something worth seeing..?

Upvote 0

MSUGoGreen22

We are planning our trip for December 12th through the 21st. Has anyone ever gone during this week? I am curious as to how the crowds are, I have heard that this is one of the slowest times of the year. While I am writing, one more quick question....we are staying at the Dolphin resort and we were wondering if because it is not owned directly by Disney, do we not get to use the Disney perks such as the extra magic hours?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom