December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

cushion

so whats the deal about the pop warner week ?..what does this mean ?
..and where are they likely to be staying...i think i know the answer to this but im hoping im wrong ?

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

..and where are they likely to be staying...i think i know the answer to this but im hoping im wrong ?

From what I understand, it's tons of young football players and cheerleaders. They have play offs or something similar in the beginning of December each year. They usually stay at the All Stars (mostly Sports I think), although i've heard of some spill over at POFQ. They are playing their games during the day, so the parks are usually fine during the day. Hopefully someone will come along soon with a more definitive answer for you.

We're staying at Saratoga Springs November 30th-December 7th :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

ASMo 12/10 to 12/19 for us. We hope to enjoy MouseFest a little along the way. My ADR's are 95% done. I just need to get the CP Dinner Packages booked and then it's just a matter of cancelling the ones that we decide that we will not need.

I am very excited. It's been 3 years since we did the holidays at WDW and it's time that we got back to our tradition.

Upvote 0
My family and I are going Dec. 13th to Dec. 20th and staying at POP. This will be our second time during the Christmas season!! I don't want to "rush" through summer ....but I can't wait to go!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

josephkinn

Coming December 3

Im coming Dec 3-7 Bringing my niece for her graduation/christmas present. she will have no idea we are going untill i pick her up to drive to the airport that day. Im so excited probably staying at Pop but may upgrade to French Q if they have a discount on room rates anyone know if that happens or anything i can ask Disney to make Her trip even better

Thanks Joe

08 Pop
07 Wilderness Lodge
06 Pop
05 Music
04 Wilderness Lodge
o3 Movies
02 offsight
83 class trip
81 off sight

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

DW and I will be at OKW 12/20-12/25 will be our 2nd year in a row at WDW at Christmas we have been very fortunate! We leave in 6 days for our 5 day stay at BWV and 2 days at SSR :wave:

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

From what I understand, it's tons of young football players and cheerleaders. They have play offs or something similar in the beginning of December each year. They usually stay at the All Stars (mostly Sports I think), although i've heard of some spill over at POFQ. They are playing their games during the day, so the parks are usually fine during the day. Hopefully someone will come along soon with a more definitive answer for you.

We're staying at Saratoga Springs November 30th-December 7th :sohappy:

It starts the weekend of the 7th. For the most part during the day the parks are fine. It's the hotel's that can be crazy. We stayed at POR last year and it was jammed with cheerleaders(very loud cheerleaders). If you go on the popwarner web site you will get all the details. As far as dates hotels the suggest and so on. After being their the same time as them last year. We decided we would never go the same time again. I hope this helps...

Upvote 0

drantis

I just booked a solo trip for Dec 6 - 11 at POP last night! I'm really excited. I've never been WDW for the holidays, so this will be a great experience. I haven't had a chance to decide what restaurants to try this time but I'll probably do that in the next couple of days.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Hopefully after what happened last year Disney will have more restrictions and rules for them?:shrug: All we can do is hope that their parents will keep them in line.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I love this thread!!!

I booked my December trip in January! We will be there the 6th to the 12th staying at POP (DS pick the resort.. I wanted WL). Going to MVMCP on the 9th! I can't wait...

I decided to give the dining plan a try this time around. All my ressies have been made for my meals and I just booked the Candlelight Processional dinner package at Coral Reef yesterday! My flights are booked, now I just need December to hurry up and get here!!!!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

congrads, have an awesome time. i love disney during christmas. its fun to resort hop and see the decorations!
the christmas party is fun, so is the candlelite percessional

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom