December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

BeanSz

Original Poster
We are now within a year -- 364 Days!! As I have been putting up my Christmas Tree and decorations at home, it seems like I just packed them away from last year. Needless to say, I am hoping the coming year passes just as quickly --- we are so excited for our trip (but have a year to wait, but I know it will be worth it). A friend of mine has been going every year for the last nine but never over Xmas until this year. He just got back and said the parks are absolutely spectacular over the Holidays, which made me ever more anxious be there!!

Upvote 0

momofnine

Hi, just thought I would chime in here with my countdown number...
down to 233!!:brick:Pretty soon it will be time to make our dining reservations. Getting very excited, time is going by quickly. I'm sure once the kids are back in school next year it will start to drag again. Any one else planning their dining, park agenda, etc...?:wave:

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Hi, just thought I would chime in here with my countdown number...
down to 233!!:brick:Pretty soon it will be time to make our dining reservations. Getting very excited, time is going by quickly. I'm sure once the kids are back in school next year it will start to drag again. Any one else planning their dining, park agenda, etc...?:wave:

We're down to 234 til our first day. Correct me if I am wrong but you have to be 180 days from the day you are making the dining reservation for to be able to do it? You can't just make the entire weeks worth as soon as the start of your trip is 180 days away?

I'll be visiting my gf in 35 days and I told her we're gonna go through all the menu's and pick out where we want to eat. LEAVE SOME RESSIES FOR US!

As for the park agenda...I'm not a believer in having an agenda. We've always done it on the fly and I believe that's the best option. Now, knowing what's happening where ahead of time is good by me. Also, perhaps we'll try to space out our ressies so that we can try to be close to that park/resort that day. We'll have to see. We are staying at the Poly so getting around should be fairly easy.

Now just 234 more days...:mad: At Least we're down from the 482 we started at! :)

Upvote 0

catne

We're down to 234 til our first day. Correct me if I am wrong but you have to be 180 days from the day you are making the dining reservation for to be able to do it? You can't just make the entire weeks worth as soon as the start of your trip is 180 days away?
I'll be visiting my gf in 35 days and I told her we're gonna go through all the menu's and pick out where we want to eat. LEAVE SOME RESSIES FOR US!

:)

If you are staying onsite for 10 days or less, you can make the entire week's ADR's at 180 days from the start of your stay. You'll see this referred to as 180 + 10 on the forums. Hope you get all your 1st choices...Good luck!:slurp:

Upvote 0

momofnine

As for the park agenda...I'm not a believer in having an agenda. We've always done it on the fly and I believe that's the best option. Now, knowing what's happening where ahead of time is good by me. Also, perhaps we'll try to space out our ressies so that we can try to be close to that park/resort that day. We'll have to see. We are staying at the Poly so getting around should be fairly easy.

Now just 234 more days...:mad: At Least we're down from the 482 we started at! :)

I'm just the opposite, I like to know what park we will be going to each day we are there. I am usually there with my whole family (we have 9 children and one of them is married, my sister also comes with us) so knowing where we are going, just makes it easier. I may find that this time, I might want to do somethings on the fly. This trip is my dh and myself, my sister and her dh. We will be your neighbor! We are staying at the GF, I have always thought that it is beautiful, and it has been a dream of mine to stay there. You can make your ressies for the entire week, starting 180 days out from your first day. It is alot of fun to look at the menus from all the restaurants, it helps to add to the excitement!!
We started counting about the same time you did, we have already cut the time in half! Hope you have a great time, has anyone heard if the castle is going to have the lights this year? I hope so, I have only heard great things about them. Happy planning everyone!:wave:

Upvote 0

WIX

We are at 236 days and counting . . . woo~hoo!!!

I used to be a little cranky that the spontaneity went away by having to plan our food ressies so far out. However, the last two years having that all planned out was a little comforting in an odd way.

Don't get me wrong I still miss the option to choose that day and walk right up . . . really miss it!!! :cry:

Upvote 0

CajunEpcotLover

246 days left for us!!! Can't wait until June to get the hours and call for our ADR's. We know where we want to eat...and I guess when we see the park hours we will make our park plan! I also hope the Castle Lights are back! I just hope the beginning of our stay does not have the massive crowds the end of our stay will!

Upvote 0

Goofy's Girl

224 more days for us. I gave my husband this trip for our 29th anniversary which was March 30th but we couldn't go until Dec. because of work.
Times for ADR's are written down waiting for the 180 day mark and iteniary is typed up and ready to go. I know I'm kind of about it.:lol:

Upvote 0

ChrisQ

Count me in the December craziness...December 10-14. It's a bit of a whirlwind trip, but WDW in December is one of my all time have-to-do's.

Upvote 0

maryt01

we hope to be at wdw in dec. waiting for code specials to come available for that time of year. we live in lacombe la. we try to go to wdw every december.

Upvote 0

JxnMan20

Count me in, November 30-December 7, now at Pop. (DS picked the resort this time 'round :) )

H20 you're always preceding me by a couple of days! :ROFLOL:We did it last month and will again in December. I'll be there 12/5 - 12/14!! 222 days to go! Can't wait for MouseFest 2008!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

December 2008

Just 202 days until we arrive December 13 - 18 at Pop Century. Love WDW during the holidays. Considering going to MVMCP on Tues, Dec 16; anyone else?:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom