December 2008 -- Hooray!!

BeanSz

Just confirmed our 9 day trip for December 2008. Very excited since I have never been there when the parks were decorated for the Christmas Holidays. This was our goal the last 2 years, but with the free dining offer for September, we have not been able to resist. This is also the first trip we have to pay for my son who will be 4 when we go. We hope my infant son loves WDW as much as my older son who is begging to go again.
We decided to try out the POFQ. We have stayed recently at CR, WL and POP. My wife liked POR when she went with family years back, and I am liking the review of POFQ. Thanks for listening. I just needed to share my excitement.

Norm The Skull

188 Days Left

We arrive on December 1st to the 10th.

It will be our second trip (First 2005) This time we will be with my sister and brother in law for there first trip.

We already have our tickets MVMCP on December 2nd and my sister already has La Nouba tickets for the 3rd of December.

Only 8 days before our ADR's

Upvote 0

TestTrack

Dec 7th-13th here. I hope that all the people that go here around this time are just because we are better informed than the rest of the public. I am hoping for a fairly empty WDW.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Dec. 13 - 19 for us!!! MVMCP on the 16th for us as well. Waiting for June 16th for my dining reservations!!!!! Got the countdown done, itinerary planned, maps at the ready, waiting to pack, (and pray that gas goes down!!!). We're just counting down the days!!!!!!

Upvote 0

momofnine

:wave:Dec. 6-Dec. 14th for us, MVMCP on the 9th. :xmas:Getting very excited, 13 days til our ADR's. Waiting for airfare prices and flight times to come out. Can't wait for Osborne light festival, candlelight processional, MVMCP, and I hope that they put the lights on the castle, has anyone heard if they will again? Started counting down at 517 days, down to 193 now!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

TestTrack

So far I am avoiding MVMCP. After reading the reviews from last year, it really seems fairly pointless. Yes, there is snow on mainstreet....however, we will have snow in MI at that time of the year. The characters and music would be nice, but if its as crowded as they say it is, the characters will be getting mauled by hordes of children. I think we'll just use those afternoons at a different park or relaxing on the Poly beach. Maybe we could even watch the "MVMCP" fireworks from the beach? Do they pipe that music in?

Upvote 0

gnorth

Dec 8-13 at POFQ can not wait for MVMCP:xmas: this will be our second trip for us during Christmas season loved the first one, which however was extremly crowded two years ago thats why we booked a week later hoping it would thin out. We went with the touring plans guide on crowds. The "MVMCP"(Dec 9) is a must for us, kids loved the parade and the characters dressed up for Christmas.:wave:

Upvote 0

momofnine

YAHOO! We have our ressies!!!:sohappy: (Thank you sissa 216!) She was on hold for an hour this morning. We got all that we wanted, but some of the times are not what we picked. On the day of our mvmcp, we could only get liberty tree at 7:00, (didn't want to use party time), and Le Cellier only had a 7:45 opening. Some have stated that the hours were delayed coming out for Nov. and Dec. because reservations were down, the lady on the phone this morning said that they are not down, if fact they are very busy.:shrug: Anyone else make their ADR's? 180 days to go!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

pacochran

We did last Thursday :sohappy:!

We did Cape May (the night we arrive and also resort we are staying at)

Also did Crown and Pub for Epcot, got late seating so hopefully we get the terrace and watch illumination right from there.

Only one couldn't get is Yak and Yeti as they don't allow the booking of 180 days plus 10 so have to wait till the 180 day.

Upvote 0

TestTrack

YAHOO! We have our ressies!!!:sohappy: (Thank you sissa 216!) She was on hold for an hour this morning. We got all that we wanted, but some of the times are not what we picked. On the day of our mvmcp, we could only get liberty tree at 7:00, (didn't want to use party time), and Le Cellier only had a 7:45 opening. Some have stated that the hours were delayed coming out for Nov. and Dec. because reservations were down, the lady on the phone this morning said that they are not down, if fact they are very busy.:shrug: Anyone else make their ADR's? 180 days to go!!!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

So you are arriving on the 6th? We arrive on the 7th

Here's hoping we get the meals we want(we don't have many).

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'll be there with a Disney-Virgin :lookaroun December 5th - 12th at POP on the DDP and made my ressies on Sunday. Got everything I wanted :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ms7479a

My family and I are going down from Dec. 27 through Jan. 4 and staying at Pop Century. We tried to use our DVC points but all the DVC resorts were booked solid (but I still can't wait!).

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Us too 2nd time going in Dec and only 2nd time ever..... I made reservations this morning at 8 Am. CMT got everything I wanted and early times for all... Only waited about 4 minutes before I got help. Even booked the Christmas party, Pirate Cruise for the DGS 5 at Yacht Club departure. We are going to the Christmas Party Dec 9th as well and are choosing to eat a late Character Breakfast at Norway. So that we can eat CS in MK after 4pm and not miss a thing. last year we got on all rides quickly and the Parade is the best. You can't see it unless you go to the party. If you go during the week and not the weekend the crowds were low. Saw and did everything. See you there momofnine.

Upvote 0

momofnine

Us too 2nd time going in Dec and only 2nd time ever..... I made reservations this morning at 8 Am. CMT got everything I wanted and early times for all... Only waited about 4 minutes before I got help. Even booked the Christmas party, Pirate Cruise for the DGS 5 at Yacht Club departure. We are going to the Christmas Party Dec 9th as well and are choosing to eat a late Character Breakfast at Norway. So that we can eat CS in MK after 4pm and not miss a thing. last year we got on all rides quickly and the Parade is the best. You can't see it unless you go to the party. If you go during the week and not the weekend the crowds were low. Saw and did everything. See you there momofnine.

We are going to mvmcp on the 9th too!:wave: This will be our 3rd Dec trip, we go back and forth between Oct. (halloween) and Dec. we use to go in April and summertime, but Oct. and Dec. are now our favorite times. WOW, you got through really quick, only 4 minutes? That's great, my daughter waited about 1 hour at 6:00 (central time). It feels great to have ressies made, doesn't it? Only 179 days to go!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

We are going to mvmcp on the 9th too!:wave: This will be our 3rd Dec trip, we go back and forth between Oct. (halloween) and Dec. we use to go in April and summertime, but Oct. and Dec. are now our favorite times. WOW, you got through really quick, only 4 minutes? That's great, my daughter waited about 1 hour at 6:00 (central time). It feels great to have ressies made, doesn't it? Only 179 days to go!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I am beside myself. We ran through so fast last Dec we missed a ton of things and are going to really enjoy it this time. We have 2 extra full days this time. I will never go when its hot there NEVERRRRRRRRRRR. How can anyone enjoy theirselfs. Wiping sweat is not my idea of fun vacation. But would like to try Oct sometime. Did you love the parade at the Party last year... My favorites were the Toy Soldiers, Gingerbread men, Dancing Reindeer. So cuteeeee. It worth the price alone to see the different parade floats that they do not do on regular Christmas days at the park. Have you ever done the Pirate cruise for any of your kids? We are sending our grandson on it from the Yacht Club Port. Dec 12th..Hope it will be fun for him.

Upvote 0

momofnine

I am beside myself. We ran through so fast last Dec we missed a ton of things and are going to really enjoy it this time. We have 2 extra full days this time. I will never go when its hot there NEVERRRRRRRRRRR. How can anyone enjoy theirselfs. Wiping sweat is not my idea of fun vacation. But would like to try Oct sometime. Did you love the parade at the Party last year... My favorites were the Toy Soldiers, Gingerbread men, Dancing Reindeer. So cuteeeee. It worth the price alone to see the different parade floats that they do not do on regular Christmas days at the park. Have you ever done the Pirate cruise for any of your kids? We are sending our grandson on it from the Yacht Club Port. Dec 12th..Hope it will be fun for him.[/quot

We have only done the grand gathering offerings, we have not done the pirate cruise. Last Oct. when we were there, we passed a pirate cruise boat and the kids looked (and sounded) like they were having a blast!
We thought that we would try one for the kids next time we take them.
We absolutely LOVE Disney at Christmas, the party is awesome. Osborne light festival is great, and the candlelight processional is breathtaking. We are getting very excited, we will be there with my sister and her husband, we are both celebrating special anniversaries. They have never gone anywhere without the kids, and this is only our 2nd time without ours. Oct. is alot of fun too, you really should try it sometime. The halloween party is fun, we usually dress the whole family up. The parade for that party is awesome also. :wave:

Upvote 0
Going Dec. 5th thru Dec. 13th. Staying at the Pop. Best time of the year to go, less crowds and Christmas celebrations all around the world. Favorite thing is Christmas around Epcot.:xmas:

Upvote 0

DisneySam

I had a trip planned for October to go with 5 other girls, my group of friends, and stay at a friend's DVC at the Saratoga Springs. Well after this weekend, of us all being together all weekend (for a bachelorette party trip) it was best that I not go. I just know there will be a whole lot of complaining and bosing around. And if I am going to spend the money to go to Disney, I want to ENJOY it. [I hope that doesn't sound selfish.]

So....instead I booked a December trip today [December 3-7] for my Mom and I to go. We are going to stay at the Pop Century and I did the dining plan as well...so I hope that goes good. It's a suprise and going to be part of her Christmas present.

And as weird as it sounds, I am so much more excited to go than I was before. I just knew I would not enjoy it I guess.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom