December 2004 MEET- let's get serious here......

Coree

We're hoping to be there the week of the 6th. Hopefully we'd be able to get in early and meet up with everyone if the meet is the 4th or 5th.

dzne4eva

With any luck I can be there. Mind you I don't know any of you personally but I'd like to remedy since that since I hope to be a resident of Central Florida January 2005. *does dance of joy*

So I'll get back to you (I know you are waiting breathlessly) :p

Ergens2

We will be "home" at the Boardwalk Dec. 11-17. We would go earlier but we want to avoid the Pop Warner thing. We have experienced this before and will NEVER EVER go during that time again!! No offence to anyone who has a child playing in the games, but the overall rudeness of most of the kids and adults does not make for a very magical trip.

Shelley :wave:

KevinPage

Original Poster
Ergens2 said:
We will be "home" at the Boardwalk Dec. 11-17. We would go earlier but we want to avoid the Pop Warner thing. We have experienced this before and will NEVER EVER go during that time again!! No offence to anyone who has a child playing in the games, but the overall rudeness of most of the kids and adults does not make for a very magical trip.

Shelley :wave:

When is the "Pop Warner"?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
According to MousePlanet (in their weekly updates, they list a calendar of events for the year), there isn't any Pop Warner tournaments in December....

Ergens2

Pop Warner in Dec 5-11. I wouldn't go by Mouseplanet. I have found their info is very slow and some outdated. Check out www.allearsnet.com .They have a lot of info. Look under planning and then calender of events.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I stand corrected. :)

So....have we got a set weekend yet? It looks like it'll be a choice between the 4th and 5th or the 11th and 12th.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Ergens2 said:
Pop Warner in Dec 5-11. I wouldn't go by Mouseplanet. I have found their info is very slow and some outdated. Check out www.allearsnet.com .They have a lot of info. Look under planning and then calender of events.

I've never had a problem with such before and I that time frame every year :)

KevinPage

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
I stand corrected. :)

So....have we got a set weekend yet? It looks like it'll be a choice between the 4th and 5th or the 11th and 12th.

Nothing picked yet, but it would be either of those weeks from the looks of things. Maybe we can make it a goal to have a date set by Labor Day to make it easier for everyone :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
KevinPage said:
Nothing picked yet, but it would be either of those weeks from the looks of things. Maybe we can make it a goal to have a date set by Labor Day to make it easier for everyone :)

Sounds good. :)

Perhaps an official poll should be started?

KevinPage

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
Sounds good. :) Perhaps an official poll should be started?

Disnyfan89 started a poll in another thread. Will use that as a guide, but we can't use it as the absolute, since whoever is going to plan the Meet, their dates might be different than the majority. I'm open for either week, so no problem there.

Hopefully we'll have a more and/or concrete answer in a few weeks :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I am planning on being there the 2nd through the 6th. My girls really can't take all that much time off from school.

I will be more than happy to head up the planning end. I will need help though. I am planning on WannabeBelle,BwanaBob and Kevinpage to help. I hope this is ok with you all.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ok, I just made my reservation for the 2nd through the 6th. I found out from the Grand Gatherings people that I will have to link everyone who books through me for the meet to my reservation for the Grand Gathering for the Meet.

Pam
p.s. please keep in mind that even though you have already booked through Disney we can still link you as long as you are not paid in full. Please contact me for details.

wannabeBelle

And so it begins!!!!!!!!!

Well folks, here we go again!!!!! I spoke to Pam and moved my own vacation to Dec 3rd so I can better coincide with her dates to do the Meet!!! Pam and I have chatted about a night to do a specific Meet thing and so far Saturday December 4th seems to be best for the both of us. Is that OK for everyone else??? Pam, can we start getting a listing of items that we may want to look into booking similar to the Fantasmic! Dessert party from last year and the Illuminations Party from July??
As far as Grand Gatherings, These items are not normally available to the general public, but can be booked by us as I am pretty sure we will have over 8 people on property during this time period. Hey Pam do we need to have more than 8 people attendng a Grand gathering event to do it?? Say only 4 people are interested in the Sunset Safari dinner, can we book it for just those 4 people as they are part of a Grand Gathering?
Also How do we work in DVC members for this Grand Gathering? Can that be done??
So many questions, so much to do , so little time!!! Please everyone, let us know if you intend on attending the meet and being part of our Grand Gathering!!! The sooner we know, the better we can plan items for all the attendees!!! Also if you are planning on booking your vacation in the WDW resort complex why not let Pam do it?? She does not charge anything to book either a room only reservation or a whole package including air, transfers, rooms, and park tickets!!! By booking with her you will have access to some items that are just not available to the general public, if you arel inked into the Grand Gathering for December. Also she will work with whatever discounts are available to your party and book the best one for you!!!
Belle

wannabeBelle

disnyfan89 said:
Like I said before I think we should stay away from a desert party as thats what we did the last two meets!!
Not necessarily a bad thought and certainly where I was heading when I asked Pam for some other options!!! Another factor may very well be cost, as it will be close to Christmas and people may be watching the wallets during the holiday seasonetc. Any thoughts are certainly welcome!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom