December 2004 MEET- let's get serious here......

cherrynegra

Um, just throwing some ideas out, but how about maybe booking a restaurant for a Christmas dinner followed by a fireworks show? Or maybe a tour of the Christmas Light Show at MGM? Just some ideas. By the way, is this the first meet during the holidays?

Main Street USA

Well, I already have my air booked for my return home on the 4th, so it looks as if I'll be coming as close as I can to being there.....without actually being there. One of these days, I'll finally make it! I swear! Have fun everyone!!!

PhilharMagician

Well, I will be arriving at the World around 1:00 PM on the 4th. So this works well for me.

My biggest concern is that I have reservations directly through DVC for the week. I'm feeling a little left out. :cry:

wannabeBelle

Just to clarify, If you want to be a part of the Grand Gatherings, you must book your hotel room through Pam and she will be able to link it into the Gathering!!! Belle

TURKEY

Pam, isn't the AK Safari Dinner/Tour thing (not exactly sure, only have seen 1 or 2 iteneraries) part of the Grand/Magical Gathering thing?

If so, I think that would be interesting and I might have to be an extra person in someone's room if that's the case. Any volunteers?

TURKEY

Pam,

Is there any way that you can post a list of everything that would be possible to choose from so everyone might know what all could be done?

I know a few of the things, but wondering if there are other goodies that I don't know about but you might.

KevinPage

Original Poster
When we post the Official date(s) I will create a NEW post and ask the moderators to "STICKY" it.

We will also then go over our options of what "event(s)" we will do. :D

cherrynegra

Kingdom Konsultant said:
Ok, I just made my reservation for the 2nd through the 6th. I found out from the Grand Gatherings people that I will have to link everyone who books through me for the meet to my reservation for the Grand Gathering for the Meet.

Pam
p.s. please keep in mind that even though you have already booked through Disney we can still link you as long as you are not paid in full. Please contact me for details.

Pam,

I sent you a PM regarding bookings. Do you book DVC points as well or just the regular room only rezzies? Thanks!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
wannabeBelle said:
Not necessarily a bad thought and certainly where I was heading when I asked Pam for some other options!!! Another factor may very well be cost, as it will be close to Christmas and people may be watching the wallets during the holiday seasonetc. Any thoughts are certainly welcome!!! Belle

I already have a call in. We will do something really nice to reflect the holidays hopefully.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
TURKEY said:
Pam,

Is there any way that you can post a list of everything that would be possible to choose from so everyone might know what all could be done?

I know a few of the things, but wondering if there are other goodies that I don't know about but you might.

Most definately. I am working on compiling a list as we speak. Give me a few days to get things together. Playing phone tag with Disney is fun.

Pam

Ergens2

Hi ya Pam. Did we set a date yet? Just wondering. I may up our vacation a week or so due to my husbands job schedule. Now we are looking at 5-11.
We would love to join the fun with everyone!
Shelley :wave:

BwanaBob

B.B. here...and checking-in.

PM me or give me a hollar on the cell when things get moving and you need help.

I think everything has settled down now, for me, since the July Meet. I still have all my old contacts set up Pam, if you're interested. (Parks and Catering)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
e-mail me Bob. I have already been in contact with Janice. I will fill you in on what is going on so far. I will be in WDW from the 2nd until the 6th. Things are moving right along right now. We will have a lot planned for this meet.

Pam

By the way, here is a heads up for all of you that will be doing the meet and will be contacting me to book your trip.
DISCOUNTS are coming!

cherrynegra

Kingdom Konsultant said:
e-mail me Bob. I have already been in contact with Janice. I will fill you in on what is going on so far. I will be in WDW from the 2nd until the 6th. Things are moving right along right now. We will have a lot planned for this meet.

Pam

By the way, here is a heads up for all of you that will be doing the meet and will be contacting me to book your trip.
DISCOUNTS are coming!

The next WDTC-Fla. special offer will be a discounted Dream Maker package valid for travel Sept. 30 - Dec. 25. The proposed booking dates are Aug. 26, 2004 - Oct. 10, 2004. The package name, price point and all related details are currently under development but this offer will feature a discounted room rate within a Dream Maker Package.

Pam, do you know if the rates with the AP rates are better than renting DVC points, or do you find them to be comparable? I've booked my airfare and I'm now trying to decide whether to book DVC or book with the AP rates. Any advice would be appreciated.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have not spoken to anyone in the DVC so I do not know the rates. The AP rates are not out yet either so we don't know what type of a percentage off they will be offering. When they do come out, I will be happy to check the numbers for you.

pam

Gucci65

Thanks Belle for remembering the single mothers and our budgets during the holidays! :wave:

We definately want to participate, but the $$$ will be a factor. Am anxiously awaiting the AP discounts just like everyone else. We try to pay everything before we get down there - it helps to ensure a stress free vacation.

wannabeBelle

Gucci65 said:
Thanks Belle for remembering the single mothers and our budgets during the holidays! :wave:

We definately want to participate, but the $$$ will be a factor. Am anxiously awaiting the AP discounts just like everyone else. We try to pay everything before we get down there - it helps to ensure a stress free vacation.
Hey there I spoke to Pam last night and the word on the street is that the discounts are coming out around the 26th of this month. I imagine I could be off by a day or two either direction, but keep watching here for your best information. I Know Pam has already posted that tidbit in a bunch of places, but if you cant find it let me know and Ill make sure I get it to you!!! Belle

KevinPage

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
Pam, do you know if the rates with the AP rates are better than renting DVC points, or do you find them to be comparable? I've booked my airfare and I'm now trying to decide whether to book DVC or book with the AP rates. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cherry,

Fix the name of your favorite attraction in your profile - Fast Track. That just bugs the heck out of me. Only clueless tourists (and my parents call it that). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom