DCA Setting Records and WDW

jt04

Original Poster
But DHS is almost 25 years old now. DAK is closing in on 15 years old.

I think folks have been patient enough with those two half-day parks, don't you?

Absolutely. And I think many WDW fans have kept their powder dry so Disney could get the DLR up to speed and self-sufficient. Now that this mission appears accomplished it is time for Disney to get busy at WDW. And if management does not see it that way, well fortunately Uni, SW and Legoland are gearing up to capitalize on the situation.

Competition is a wonderful thing.

jt04

Original Poster
jt04, I really like your Avitar. I know it's the LAX Theme Building, but everytime I see it when reading one of your posts, my subliminal thought is that it is a closeup of some concept car's headlight.

I see what you mean. I always think it looks like a flying saucer. LOL

OrangeTree

Thanks to SM and PotC etc. Again I was very pleased with the place I just remember complaints that there was not enough attractions in 1971. And they sounded quite similar to what we here from people today about DAK and DHS. Almost exactly the same. I advise patience so they do not rush through improperly financed and half-baked concepts.
Which was part of a very public 5 year plan that the resort had.

Currently? WDW has FLE and that's that. So I don't know why you would advise patience... do you know something we don't?

jt04

Original Poster
Which was part of a very public 5 year plan that the resort had.

Currently? WDW has FLE and that's that. So I don't know why you would advise patience... do you know something we don't?

Yes, beyond anything you can even imagine. And then some.

Remember the pendulum I discussed a couple years ago. Seems as though WDI has crafted a flying version. And formed into something that looks like a dragon. Heh.

TP2000

Maybe so but it is easy to imagine several places it could be used at WDW that would be perfect.

Ever the optimist. I have to give you that! :)

Interesting note from Al Lutz on Miceage.com this weekend regarding Cars Land merchandise. They sell some truly wacky and novel things in Cars Land, and they appear to be flying off the shelves so fast they sold planned month's worth of stock in just the first full week of operation.

EDITOR’S NOTE 6/23: The cone themed drink cups at the Cozy Cone Motel are now sold out, after they went through what was supposed to be an entire summer's worth of stock in one week. The Cars Land soundtrack CD is also sold out, the Luigi's tire hats will be gone by the end of this weekend, and the Lightning McQueen popcorn bucket isn't far behind. New stock of all these land-specific items won't be shipped from China until late July or August. But there is still plenty of generic One Disney merchandise available in the Curios shop. - Al Lutz

This would seem to bode well for more land-specific merchandise in the American theme parks. The shared "Disney Parks" corporate junk is just worthless, whether it's at WDW or Disneyland.

Although the merits of the Luigi's Flying Tires hat are debatable, even though kids and adults alike happily wear them around Disneyland now. I bought one last weekend myself, and for the life of me I can't figure out why! :rolleyes:

Luigi's Flying Tires hats flying off the shelves at Sarge's Surplus Hut
7372086536_3cf9bd38d2_z.jpg

Kenan

only if they get rid of the current regime in TDO. just got back from DCA, went to Disneyland maybe like 2 hours. Too much do to in DCA. Closing classic attractions in replace of a meet and greet is just gross. They have plenty of land here to do what they want. UGH is all i can say with whats going on at WDW. I dont even think New Fantasyland will even be close to a contender of what Disneyland's Fantasyland is. Sickening. Mermaid is a 20k replacement which was shuttered back in 94 or something. Dueling Dumbos. The list goes on.....

TP2000

only if they get rid of the current regime in TDO. just got back from DCA, went to Disneyland maybe like 2 hours. Too much do to in DCA. Closing classic attractions in replace of a meet and greet is just gross. They have plenty of land here to do what they want. UGH is all i can say with whats going on at WDW. I dont even think New Fantasyland will even be close to a contender of what Disneyland's Fantasyland is. Sickening. Mermaid is a 20k replacement which was shuttered back in 94 or something. Dueling Dumbos. The list goes on.....

Did you go on Little Mermaid at DCA? (With a 5 to 10 minute wait in the afternoon?)

I worry that Disney will over-hype the Mermaid D Ticket for FLE later this year and people will expect some amazing 12 minute E+ Ticket Potter-swatter and instead they will get a charming 5 minute D Ticket instead. (And with Fastpass, too many folks will wait an hour at MK instead of 5 minutes at DCA to do it.) Mermaid is the big new ride for FLE, but if they hype it too much it's going to deflate the impact of the FLE overall.

TDO has a very, very fine line to walk when it comes to marketing Little Mermaid later this year.

jt04

Original Poster
Ever the optimist. I have to give you that! :)

Interesting note from Al Lutz on Miceage.com this weekend regarding Cars Land merchandise. They sell some truly wacky and novel things in Cars Land, and they appear to be flying off the shelves so fast they sold planned month's worth of stock in just the first full week of operation.

This would seem to bode well for more land-specific merchandise in the American theme parks. The shared "Disney Parks" corporate junk is just worthless, whether it's at WDW or Disneyland.

Although the merits of the Luigi's Flying Tires hat are debatable, even though kids and adults alike happily wear them around Disneyland now. I bought one last weekend myself, and for the life of me I can't figure out why! :rolleyes:

Luigi's Flying Tires hats flying off the shelves at Sarge's Surplus Hut
7372086536_3cf9bd38d2_z.jpg

Step 1, Unleash Imagineering
Step 2, Sell tickets and merchandise by the ship load
Step 3, Retire to Tahiti

Cosmic Commando

Man, at least a month until new Carsland merch? We don't have CD burners anymore to churn out soundtracks? Nobody in the world can make any of these products in less than a month?

It's amazing that it's taken nearly 57 years for Disney to figure out the people will buy merchandise that supports the experiences they just had. Oh wait... it didn't. It just took them that long to forget and then remember it.

flavious27

As much as people want a copy of dca in wdw, tda will fight against it and win. Clones diminish the uniqueness of a ride. Clones also take away guests that would originally be going to the park that had the original. Over a billion was spent because dca needed to be brought up to disney standards and have something to made it special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom