DCA Setting Records and WDW

jt04

Original Poster
So per Al Lutz DCA is setting all sorts of records while still providing guests with a great experience. In fact he also says that DCA is now outpacing DL in numbers.

Now I guess this is not suprising considering the look of the new BVS and Cars Land (with the amazing RSR). But I think there are implications far beyond Anaheim. If DCA continues to produce such amazing numbers with high guest satisfaction surveys then it will be much easier to make the case that such projects are justified. The genie has left the bottle thanks to Lasseter, Staggs etc.

Personally I think DCA will see number increases to the bottom-line similar to what Universal saw with the opening of TWWoHP. If so, we may be seeing a new Disney Decade for WDI and theme park attractions even at WDW.

The floor is open.....

MerlinTheGoat

Great post. You will be crucified for your positivity, but great post.
I don't see that happening as no one would hate on someone for wishful thinking. I have a lot of that myself even if it never amounts to anything. I don't think JT is right in predicting WDW will get better in the near future, but I definitely WANT such a thing to happen.

The problem with assuming things is just looking at the bare basics of how things are apparently run between Disneyland and WDW. And I have to say i'd like to see a thorough fixing of everything that already exists at WDW and needs attention before we actually move onto something else to build and neglect (like how Everest was basically neglected not even after a full year of opening).

nepalostparks

Especially when they're "reducing" from such large amounts of spending. Cruise ships, resorts, themed lands, etc. are not cheap.

This.

The message was definitely delivered with the intent of pleasing those shareholders who were concerned with how much was being spent the last few years. How much "substantially" reducing spending means, we'll have to see.

But I agree with the theme here.... if DCA's numbers are higher than anticipated, stay that way and - the big one - guest spending increases, then it could bode well for continued improvements at WDW and hopefully some larger scale projects sooner rather than later.

Pentacat

They only spent the money in DCA when they saw that attendance was declining.

Until you see IOA pass up DHS in attendance (which MIGHT happen in 2013) then there's no "real" money going to DHS. TWDC will shout from the mountain tops the FLE is a major enhancement to MK and they don't need to spend any more money there. AK will get Avatar, hopefully. Epcot will get no love because the bill to fix the problems in Future World makes the money spent in DCA look like the change found at the bottom of Bob Iger's pool.

TP2000

For the record, here's what Mr. Lutz is saying today about DCA's continuing record attendance...

EDITOR’S NOTE 6/20: After DCA broke attendance records twice over the weekend with 45,000+ visitors per day, they broke the records again on Tuesday with 53,000 visitors at DCA. The suits are smiling as Disneyland held its own with 47,000 visitors on Tuesday. And yes, DCA is now getting more visitors per day than Disneyland. Thrilling the Anaheim team even more is the fact that DCA felt busy with a once unthinkable 53K, but that the overall park vibe was upbeat and had manageable wait times outside of Cars Land. -Al Lutz

And here's a story from the Orange County Register from this past weekend about the previous record breaking attendance over the weekend... http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-359514-adventure-california.html

And from my amateur observations this past weekend, I can tell you that DCA really was busy but perfectly manageable. It never felt overcrowded or beyond control. Wait times at most attractions not in Cars Land were averaging in the 30 minute zone. Little Mermaid was posted as a 10 minute wait, and I actually only waited 6 minutes this past Saturday afternoon! DCA now has the LONGEST parade route of any Disney theme park, and they run Pixar Play Parade twice per day and it was always easy to find lots of viewing areas open right up until parade time.

DCA is a happy people-eater that everyone wants to be in now. Who knew?!? :confused:

This could bode very well for the lesser WDW parks like DHS, DAK, or even the World Showcase half of Epcot.

DznyRktekt

So per Al Lutz DCA is setting all sorts of records while still providing guests with a great experience. In fact he also says that DCA is now outpacing DL in numbers.

Now I guess this is not suprising considering the look of the new BVS and Cars Land (with the amazing RSR). But I think there are implications far beyond Anaheim. If DCA continues to produce such amazing numbers with high guest satisfaction surveys then it will be much easier to make the case that such projects are justified. The genie has left the bottle thanks to Lasseter, Staggs etc.

Personally I think DCA will see number increases to the bottom-line similar to what Universal saw with the opening of TWWoHP. If so, we may be seeing a new Disney Decade for WDI and theme park attractions even at WDW.

The floor is open.....

This would be amazing! Maybe Spirited Change is on the horizon.

Gregoryp73

The floor is open.....

If you build them...they will come :)

jt04

Original Poster
This would be amazing! Maybe Spirited Change is on the horizon.

It would be ironic if this is what he means by "spirited change" and especially since what I wrote in the OP is essentially what I have been saying for years. Condensed down I have advised showing patience at WDW until we see how DCA performs.

RSR exceeded my expectations and I think it could, along with BVS, bring in money by the truckload. If so, I think everything changes with the investors immediately.

Some have claimed the Orlando tourist industry in "matured" and there just isn't much up side to large capital improvements. I am of the belief they are nowhere near reaching that point.

Later in this thread I will give my opinion of how I think Al Lutz and others almost ruined everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom