DCA Setting Records and WDW

jt04

Original Poster
As much as people want a copy of dca in wdw, tda will fight against it and win. Clones diminish the uniqueness of a ride. Clones also take away guests that would originally be going to the park that had the original. Over a billion was spent because dca needed to be brought up to disney standards and have something to made it special.

True, And WDW is getting a similar investment monetarily just between MK upgrades, the FLE and Avatar. Not to mention the Test Track refurb, DTD upgrade, new DVC's etc and whatever else is pending in response to HP 2, SW expansion and Legoland.

Percolating....

jt04

Original Poster
Please.... jT.... DTD and DVC do not equal Potter, RSR or any of the other west coast plans...

Nor do a lot of the woeful "upgrades" of the MK.

I never said it was. Here is partly what I said and I stand by it.....

"and whatever else is pending in response to HP 2, SW expansion and Legoland".

Obviously Disney has not responded in a major way to these developments as of yet. But I know they will respond. Have a little confidence. This is America. :) Excessive, unjustified complaing is couter-productive and is delt with harshly.

Mike K

I agree that Disney World will continue to get its due. It's just a matter of when. It has been a big year so far for Disneyland / Disney California Adventure and I can't wait to see it in all its glory this Thursday. The Fantasyland Expansion seems to be coming along nicely and I think once the dust has settled on that, I remain optimistic that some exciting things will be announced. I'm still wondering if Epcot's 30th Anniversary will be used as a platform for some new announcements. It certainly would be a great way to celebrate Epcot's anniversary.

jt04

Original Poster
Phew... Good job I'm in the UK then.

Even if I still want to emigrate..... ;)

Sadly it seems not much is pending on the east coast. Nothing equal to the competition anyways.

Hopefully you are wrong as I have staked my WDWMagic reputation on WDW getting major adds. If I am wrong I will become more bitter than WDW74 and Lee combined! LOL

jt04

Original Poster
Hopefully you are wrong as I have staked my WDWMagic reputation on TWDC turning their attention and dollars towards WDW. If I am wrong I will become more bitter than WDW74 and Lee combined! LOL

Sorry double post

Lee

Adventurer
Hopefully you are wrong as I have staked my WDWMagic reputation on it. If I am wrong I will become more bitter than WDW74 and Lee combined! LOL
Odds are good that DL gets another major addition before WDW. Perhaps even before Avatar opens...assuming it manages to make its 2016/2017 date.

The pendulum has swung west...and there it remains.

And I'm not bitter. Not at all. Just realistic.

jt04

Original Poster
Odds are good that DL gets another major addition before WDW. Perhaps even before Avatar opens...assuming it does.

If they do this there will be a backlash. People have been very patient while they fixed DCA. It is fixed. Another attraction or two to absorb the new visitors should not impact developments at WDW.

jt04

Original Poster
Odds are good that DL gets another major addition before WDW. Perhaps even before Avatar opens...assuming it manages to make its 2016/2017 date.

Oh, and I am glad to hear your are over the closure of the AC. Heh.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If they do this there will be a backlash. People have been very patient while they fixed DCA. It is fixed. Another attraction or two to absorb the new visitors should not impact developments at WDW.

What kind of backlash do you expect? People still keep going to WDW in large numbers. Unless significant numbers of people stop going to WDW, enough to cause large drops in the attendance numbers, I don't think management will do anything.

jt04

Original Poster
What kind of backlash do you expect? People still keep going to WDW in large numbers. Unless significant numbers of people stop going to WDW, enough to cause large drops in the attendance numbers, I don't think management will do anything.

Yes I think people will quit going in percentages they will find unacceptable. There is a reason I have not been in several years. There just has not been enough new content announced. And construction walls as we see for the FLE count in my mind so my standards are not that high. DHS, DAK and Future World need help.

The Empress Lilly

WDW is considered a mature investment. Money is spend not to expand it, but to exploit it. DVC, NextGen, boutique experiences, individualised experiences, special events (fill the MK twice a day!), and a better spread of visitors to low seasons - more events and festivals and discounts such as free dining.

Nobody at WDW is trying to think of something spectacular to counter Potter, or even of trying to secure funds for it. Why would they? The promotions are based on track records of increased margins, not on investments.

Lee

Adventurer
How about a few hundred million dollars worth of E-tix for Disneyland? How would that impact it?
And both with the support of your pal Skipper John....

Oh...and that third gate that is in early development...
Oh, and I am glad to hear your are over the closure of the AC. Heh.
Gone, but not forgotten.

Californian Elitist

Doubt it. I've read lots of posts here where people have stated they will continue to visit WDW for a very long time. People may get angry but they won't actually do anything about it. Not that they could anyway.

cheezbat

Doubt it. I've read lots of posts here where people have stated they will continue to visit WDW for a very long time. People may get angry but they won't actually do anything about it. Not that they could anyway.

And that's the whole problem...the people keep going and spending their money, regardless of them thinking things are great or not. I have spent less and less at WDW the past number of years...since 2008 when Toy Story Mania opened. As fans it's good to be vocal to keep WDW at the top of its game. It's ok to be upset when things are being done on the cheap. It's ok If you love it as it is, but as so many have said before, the quality has declined. We should hold them to a higher standard. I do. If they give me something to get excited about, I reward them with my money...just as I am doing again this year...AT DISNEYLAND...where they're still trying to excite me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom