Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

jt04

Its called a drinking fountain folks, complimentary with your park admission. :wave:

Seriously, I've never bought bottled water in the parks, and now that its $2.50 a bottle, I definitely won't anytime soon. :eek:

I bet Coke/Dasani could be talked into sponsoring E:E if they added an Ice Cave cooling station similar to the ice cave they used to have at Epcot but much more design and immersion. Then maybe they could afford to keep all the effects working. Seems like a win-win to me.

Rob562

The other thing that hasn't been pointed out, but is demonstrated by the photos in this thread, is that fountain drinks went up $0.10... They used to be $2.09/$2.39 (and that's at least as recent as when I was there in September), now they're $2.19/$2.49.

I'm wondering if Coca-Cola increased the price they charge Disney for their bottled drinks and drink syrups, and Disney is passing the cost on to the Guests.

Also, many Guests don't realize that at the Counter Service locations they can ask for a glass of water for free. And most times it's the filtered water that's used in the soda machines, not the Florida water that's straight out of the tap which some people don't like the taste of.

-Rob

Bobster

I was at the world for a few weeks. I believe the prices went up on January 15th. Coke/Sprite from $2.00 to $2.50. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the boxes and buckets of popcorn each went up by $0.50 as well (for example, I am pretty sure I paid $2.75 for a popcorn box before the 15th ... but it was $3.25 at MK on the 15th).

Captain Chaos

Yes back in the early 2000's they were $2.50 (I think it was when Dasani was first introduced to the parks). Then they dropped it to $2.00 for the large size.

So, basically, Disney brought the price of water back to where it was originally?? Nothing major then...

jt04

:lol: Its a quiet time with few new rumors and what not. Let us "whine" about something. :wave:

Trust me I hate that there are no rumors as much as anyone.

But I find plenty of consolation in the removal of the TL Galaxy Theater. And I think this is for much more than a parking lot long term.

Kamikaze

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

Florida water is absolutely disgusting.

Kamikaze

The other thing that hasn't been pointed out, but is demonstrated by the photos in this thread, is that fountain drinks went up $0.10... They used to be $2.09/$2.39 (and that's at least as recent as when I was there in September), now they're $2.19/$2.49.

I'm wondering if Coca-Cola increased the price they charge Disney for their bottled drinks and drink syrups, and Disney is passing the cost on to the Guests.

Also, many Guests don't realize that at the Counter Service locations they can ask for a glass of water for free. And most times it's the filtered water that's used in the soda machines, not the Florida water that's straight out of the tap which some people don't like the taste of.

-Rob

That would make sense if Disney actually paid Coke anything.

Pongo

But it still reeks of greed.

I disagree. To be honest, I'm surprised the price raise didn't happen sooner. Universal and the Busch parks have charged $3 or more for their bottled water for the past few years. Disney's prices have been, dare I say it, surprisingly low.

The only time I ever bought bottled water in the parks was when I forgot to bring my own from home. Then after I bought that one bottle, I would keep filling it up at the water fountains.

I love the Cinderella fountain behind the castle. So good and always cold :slurp:

MissM

Have they raised ALL the bottled prices at carts too then? As in, are the Coke/Sprite bottles back up to $2.50 as well? I LOVED when they dropped it to $2 several years ago simply because it's easier and quicker to hand over two singles than find either change in your pocket, or have to fork over like a five and get two singles and two quarters. I imagine WDW would spend a lot of little, aggravating resources keeping the carts stocked in enough quarters at the $2.50 rate.

Either way: Bummer.

(The Vitamin Waters went up at some point at the end of last year I noticed. The first time I got one, it was like $3 even. Then the next time I went, it was like $3.25 or something. And the Fuze was up to like $4!!)

I just have to put my 2 cents in so please ignore me if you'd like.

It seems that you guys on here must go to Disney every day of your life to complain about things as much as you do. Price increases, the amount of shows shown per day, the NEW attractions....it's always one thing after another! I swear, I'm surprised anyone that visits this site even GOES to this horrible greedy boring place known as Disney World! :shrug:

My family is going down for the first time in March and you know what we will complain about when we leave? Having to leave Disney World and drive 14 hrs. to get back home! We won't complain because the water was $2.50 (have you ever been to a concert and paid $4.75 for the same bottle? I have!), we won't complain about the fireworks not being as good as 3 years ago, or that this show had CM cutbacks or that we aren't getting a new ride while Disneyland is......freaking enjoy that fact you actually HAVE Disney World to go to in the first place instead of complaining all the time!!! Damn!

LudwigVonDrake

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

Have you ever tasted the fountain water?? :hurl:

trondannyboy

Shhh :zipit: That's Disney's best kept secret so paying $2.50 for a bottle of water you can buy at costco for Pennies on the Dollar seems like a good deal. OK So not really a secret that there foutain water is nasty even with adding 2 of those little Kool aid packs to it.

Rob562

I don't know what they charge for a bottle of water or soda at Disneyland, but I know that WDW's fountain drinks are noticeably cheaper than Disneyland's...

Happened to see a picture of the new drink cups at another website, and it was part of a promotional display... $3.29 for a 32oz fountain drink, which is $2.49 in Florida. (In CA they were even advertising that with an AP discount you get the drink for the low, low price of $2.99...if you purchased it with a meal...)

-Rob

nerdboyrockstar

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the price of water has been higher at Universal and Sea World. Although I rather pay more and get Zephyrhills at Universal. Dasani, blech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom