Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

GothMickey

I think $2.75 for the large Zephyrhills bottle. And really you like Dasani? So strange.. I can't drink Dasani or Aquafina.. I really taste whatever they add to it.

I like all the others though..

I drink Dasani and Poland Springs. I drink Aquafina too, but it isn't my favorite. Actually, Nestle has some good bottled water.

GothMickey

Unless price increases occured on the 18th or later, I did not see any change to the cart prices from what I have paid in the past 4 years ($2.00 a bottle), but I did note the extra $0.50 required for a bottle at the counter service.

Then this doesn't really seem like an increase in the counter service places since my cousin said he paid $2.50 last year for a bottle of water at Electric Umbrella.

71jason

I hear this every time some price in some corner of the World goes up, from room rates to admission to the embroidery on the mouse ears. Hasn't happened yet. Wake me when it does, 'kay?

Uhm, buy 4 nights, get 3 free...are they doing that out of the goodness of thier hearts? Or because guests think a WDW trip is only worth approximately 50% of its current sticker price?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Then this doesn't really seem like an increase in the counter service places since my cousin said he paid $2.50 last year for a bottle of water at Electric Umbrella.

Yes it is an increase. And Electric Umbrella has been $2.00 for a long time now. Here is a photo of the menu from July 2008. :)

Attachments

• waterDSC09070.jpg
    waterDSC09070.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 55

DisneyGigi

All my receipts from September show $ 2.00 charge for water where we didn't use our snack credits.

Fifty cents is a rather big jump for water but I guess they know guests are going to pay it if they don't drink out of the fountains. :rolleyes:

Brian Noble

Uhm, buy 4 nights, get 3 free...are they doing that out of the goodness of thier hearts? Or because guests think a WDW trip is only worth approximately 50% of its current sticker price?
Neither. It's because folks have a bunker mentality about discretionary spending in all sectors of the economy.

(You do read the papers, right?)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you. Only reporting what my cousin remembers paying. He was there in October.

Yep he must have got it mixed up. I lose track of all the prices myself, but because we use the photos to maintain the menu prices on the site, I have a full history to look back on. All the counter service locations had water at $2.00 for the whole of 2008, including the Electric Umbrella.

wilsonhanks

I can't stand people that think buying bottled water is a waste of money. It definitely tastes better than fountain water. Meanwhile people are paying money for soda that is kindsa like drinking poison.......:shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im loaded so It means nothing to me. At $3 it still would be a mere bagatelle. Besides its Disney we should just appreciate being there and enjoy the experience. Disney is a buisness and it needs to make money to keep delivering cutting edge attractions at Disneyland.

bigorangeandy

We almost always bring our on water in, so it does not effect me very often. I don't mind the water from the tap, or at the counter service places. My wife on the other hand, can not stand the taste of the Florida water. As for which bottled water tastes best, they all seem the same to me, as long as they are cold.

Susan Savia

We were there all last week and had pretzels on Wednesday and on Thursday went to get one and they'd gone up 50 cents as well as the ice cream bars. Mickey Bar went from $2.50 to $2.75. The counter service meals we had also increased by $1 (we had the cheeseburger). I don't know if this was because of the upcoming holiday weekend or just a overall price increase on food. :confused:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Given that its filtered tap water, that oil required to distribute and manufacture the bottles has fallen dramatically, given pay is frozen at all point in the chain what is driving the price increase, falling sales?

Mr.EPCOT

Florida water is absolutely disgusting.

Have you ever tasted the fountain water?? :hurl:

Yes, it is absolutely rancid.

Im loaded so It means nothing to me. At $3 it still would be a mere bagatelle. Besides its Disney we should just appreciate being there and enjoy the experience. Disney is a buisness and it needs to make money to keep delivering cutting edge attractions at Disneyland.

:ROFLOL:

Phonedave

I can't stand people that think buying bottled water is a waste of money. It definitely tastes better than fountain water. Meanwhile people are paying money for soda that is kindsa like drinking poison.......:shrug:

To you it does. It does taste different, but better ..... Well along the same lines that a 2005 Chateau Margaux tastes better than a 2005 Chateau La Tour de Mons (thats another Margaux BTW) but one is +/- $1,000 a bottle and the other is +/- $30 a bottle. When I am at home eating a steak, the $30 does me just fine. Just like when I am walking around WDW in the heat, the free water fountain does me just fine. Especialy when after about halfway through your bottle, your are enjoying the piquant flavor of backwash.

-dave

Disneyfanman

That's a large price increase by any measurement. Even so, if you want a dose of reality just visit Six Flags, or Cedar Point parks. You will pay substantially more for any food item. At least with bottled water and soda you know exactly what you are purchasing. In addition, any vendor at WDW with a soda fountain will provide you with a cup of ice and water for free. And it's filtered. We do that all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom