Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I admit I see things like this in the real world ... at casual resturants and fast food (in terms of pricing, not H2O perse) and I am clueless.

The economy is at levels not seen since the Great Depression, people are cancelling trips and Disney's answer is to nickel and dime.

Won't affect me. I'm looking at heading to Vegas . And I don't buy bottled water.

But it still reeks of greed.

What amazes me is that the economy is so terrible yet people are willing to pay for bottled water in places where using tap water is free, safe, and much better for environment.

I'd tell Disney to take it off the menu entirely as an environmental initiative, sell reusable bottles for $3 each, and direct people to the nearest water fountain.

worldfanatic

I don't want to generalize.
But EVERY SINGLE PERSON who feels the need to drink bottled water because they don't like the taste or are scared of tap water is a PANZY ___, PATHETIC IDIOT who enjoys throwing money away!
Not that I like to generalize.

(I'm just kidding.......... well kinda)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's a large price increase by any measurement. Even so, if you want a dose of reality just visit Six Flags, or Cedar Point parks. You will pay substantially more for any food item. At least with bottled water and soda you know exactly what you are purchasing. In addition, any vendor at WDW with a soda fountain will provide you with a cup of ice and water for free. And it's filtered. We do that all the time.

Agreed. Food/drink in Disney parks is overpriced, no doubt. With my Tables in Wonderland discount of 20%, that makes it about right. [Of course, no TiW for (most) quick service.] Six Flags, etc. are far more overpriced.

At Epcot earlier this year, my 6 year old and I ate at Sunshine Seasons for around $16. More than I'd pay for similar stuff a quick-service place where I live, but only by a few dollars. But at Six Flags last summer, my 6 year old and I ate lunch (Panda Express-style chinese) for the sum of only $24! Same stuff we pay about $12 for at an actual Panda Express.

Give me Disney parks food over Six Flags any day.

Oh, and the bottled water was $3, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, they wanted me to pay $1 to store my personal refillable bottle in a locker when we rode a roller coaster. Not allowed to leave it on the platform, not allowed to carry it on the ride. And we complain about Disney nickel-and-diming...:rolleyes:

s8film40

The only times I have ever bought Dasani water in the parks was just to get the bottle so that I could fill it up at the water fountains. Dasani water taste horrible, I much prefer the water fountain water.

cdunbar

I was just looking at a sign at Disneyland, and it said it was $3 so if ours is $.50 cheaper, I think we should just be happy and move on...:D

Pongo

nalgene_big.jpg

Done. Hit the tap, my friends. The planet will thank you.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Goodness....everyone here in my household totes a SIGG around to work, school, gym, car etc.....so the few days we are at the world I do not have a problem when thirsty paying for instant gratification of a cold bottle of water to drink and walk with. I am thankful they have more recycling cans about but for the sake of convience and hydration I indulge. It is one of the lesser of the expenses we incur while there....and I seem to recall the smaller bottles being $2 and the larger being $2.50 the past few years....last year didn't they even have disney characters on them?!?!:king:

jaques21

I am still confused as to why you would even buy water at the parks when you can walk up to any fast service restaurant in the parks and ask for a FREE ICE WATER in a cup! I do it all the time and you get ice! hope this helps yall out some.

Tori

I am still confused as to why you would even buy water at the parks when you can walk up to any fast service restaurant in the parks and ask for a FREE ICE WATER in a cup! I do it all the time and you get ice! hope this helps yall out some.

I'm confused also. I do this all the time and the water tastes just fine to me.

DisneyPrincess5

Hm really? I did not know that...thank you for sharing! Good to know.

DisneyCanadian

Dasani is the most disgusting bottled water ever, I don't drink it anyways. It sucks water has gone up, but at the same time, it won't affect me.

I find that the water from the drinking fountains taste way better.

wedway71

I can assure you having a wife in F&B Leadership that bottled and fountain Coke products are not "free" for the company.

I agree. I was a Cold Drink Account Manager and before that a Home Market Account Manager for Coke-Ft Myers Sales Center for 5 years. Disney does pay for Coke Products. Not sure how much though.
I was also part of the intitial product launch team for Dasani in SW Florida. Prior to Dasani, Coke distributed Naya water in most parts of Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom