Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

Chance

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

Because the water from the drinking fountain tastes disgusting. You can taste the chemicals in it - heck you can smell it before it even hits your tongue.

Phonedave

Because the water from the drinking fountain tastes disgusting. You can taste the chemicals in it - heck you can smell it before it even hits your tongue.

It's all a matter of taste and choice. If it tastes that much worse to you and you want to spend the extra bucks on a bottle, then you do so. If - like me - you think water fountain water is just fine, then you use them.

However, somehow, for years before bottled water became all so popular, people seemed just fine with the water fountains.

Also, the waste of energy and resources (not to mention garbage produced) by bottled water is very suprising.

-dave

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We just got back from there and the bottled water at all the vendor cart locations was still $2.00 a bottle. I did noticed that the price at the counter service locations was $2.50, but I didn't think much of it because if you want a bottle of water fast, you go to the street vendor locations.

I was in the parks all last week through Sunday.

Yep it was just a delay in rolling it out to the carts. They are now mostly at $2.50 and being fully rolled out.

Siege898

It seems the price of soft drinks has also increased. When I was working at TL over the summer I seem to emember them being 2.09 and 2.29.

jt04

Folks, it's called "inflation" and is a fact of life and will especially be as long as energy and health care costs are going up. And up they will go.

Very soon you will really have something real to complain about :cry: as inflation is just starting to take off.

It's all cyclical fortunately.:wave:

hokielutz

Yep it was just a delay in rolling it out to the carts. They are now mostly at $2.50 and being fully rolled out.

:mad: (grumbling something un-Disney):mad:

Oh well, it will not ruin my next vacation there, becuase we usually bring our own bottles into the park.

jt04

:mad: (grumbling something un-Disney):mad:

Oh well, it will not ruin my next vacation there, becuase we usually bring our own bottles into the park.

I wonder why nobody started a thread praising Disney for lowering resort prices and celebrating how much money they are saving and how ungreedy a move it is. You have to admit the irony of it all is rather hilarious.

BuddhasHomeGirl

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

Ohh heck noooo...I can not drink Florida water right from the tap, it reaks havoc on my stomach, and besides the fact, the smell...oh hells bells it smells awful!!

trr1

I wonder why nobody started a thread praising Disney for lowering resort prices and celebrating how much money they are saving and how ungreedy a move it is. You have to admit the irony of it all is rather hilarious.

ok you start it off

blm07

Alright, it's been months, but I want to say something. If you don't like the water fountains (I do by the way, as long as they work properly) then why don't you just get a free cup of ice water at any restaurant?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom