Dasani bottled water up from $2 to $2.50 per bottle

KC82271

I used to get a 20oz coke at work for a dollar now it is $1.25.Go to a sporting event and you will see bottled water for $3.00 or higher.

The vending machines in my office just jumped to $1.50 per 20oz. It's nuts. Then I went to the local areana for Disney on Ice and a 20oz bottle there was $4.75 - I am not joking either.

djpoore94

It still makes me laugh that people will pay $2.50 to get bottled tap water when ice-cold water is available for free from a water fountain nearby. Only UK readers will remember Del Boy's "Peckham Spring", but it's impossible not to think of it.

Have you ever tasted the fountain water?? :hurl:

I totally agree the fountain water is not good at all, and we have yet to find "ice cold" water coming out of any fountain, Disney or not. I admit we do purchase bottled water while traveling, but at home we use only what comes out of the faucet or the filtered water through the fridge.

GothMickey

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the price of water has been higher at Universal and Sea World. Although I rather pay more and get Zephyrhills at Universal. Dasani, blech.

I believe Universal charges $3.00 for a bottle of water. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Dasani is the best tasting bottled water on the market. I tasted Zephyrhills and it tastes like plastic.

marypoppins68

Have they raised ALL the bottled prices at carts too then? As in, are the Coke/Sprite bottles back up to $2.50 as well? I LOVED when they dropped it to $2 several years ago simply because it's easier and quicker to hand over two singles than find either change in your pocket, or have to fork over like a five and get two singles and two quarters. I imagine WDW would spend a lot of little, aggravating resources keeping the carts stocked in enough quarters at the $2.50 rate.

Yes. I was at the Studios Sunday and we noticed the bottled water and bottled soft drinks were all back to $2.50. I agree, it was much nicer handing over $2 than trying to find quarters. We usually buy a bottled drink before leaving the park to drink on the way home. Instead, we just pulled into the Hess gas station and bought 2 20oz Cokes for $2.22. Even with tax it was cheaper than one bottled drink in the park.:lol:

Brian Noble

The thing is..there are still people who will be willing to pay $2.50 for it..not saying it is right but it is true.
Okay, I admit it. I sometimes buy bottles of water. Yes, I could go into a CS location and get a cup of ice water for free, or hunt down a water fountain. And sometimes, I do. But sometimes, I don't bother---$2.50 is pocket change in the context of a week at WDW.

Honestly, it's pocket change in the context of every day life.

Perhaps I'm part of the problem. I don't much care. I'm on vacation.

Rob562

Dasani is the best tasting bottled water on the market. I tasted Zephyrhills and it tastes like plastic.

Apparently you've never had Poland Spring... :lookaroun

(Though for the record it's spring water and not filtered/purified/whatever-fied tap water like Dasani and many others...)

-Rob

DisneyLeo18

Universals prices are a little extreme. I remember on my trip about a month ago i bought a powerade and a churro (only one) and it costed me $6

71jason

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the price of water has been higher at Universal and Sea World. Although I rather pay more and get Zephyrhills at Universal. Dasani, blech.

Not sure about Universal, but I know it's $3 at Sea World (at least Aquatica). And while enforcement is sporadic, theoretically you are not allowed to bring your own water in there.

That said, I don't see how the fact that other companies are nickling and diming, too, contradicts WDW1974's initial point that this is pure greed that is eventually going to turn off customers. If they all do it, it just turns guests off Orlando in general.

Also, completely off-topic, but having lived off bottled water for weeks after the hurricanes in 2004, I completely disagree, Disani > ZephyrHills (although both are clearly superior to the vile Aquafina). Wal-Mart's house brand isn't bad, either.

Timmay

Florida water is absolutely disgusting.
It sure is...and this is coming from someone that was born and spent years in Florida. My mom and I call it swamp water:hurl:

Here is the deal...in Denver you are going to pay $3.50 - $4.50 a pop for a bottle of water at Elitch Gardens, the Mile High Nationals, concerts, Rapids games, etc. I find the bottled water in WDW to be a down right bargain.

epcotWSC

Very rare occassion that I buy water in the parks. Buy a 24 pack at the supermarket and bring them to the park.

I hate spending more than 1.25 for a bottle of water.

Florida water does leave quite a bit to be desired.......

With that said, I do drink it out of the fountains.....I can fill up a water bottle and it does what it needs to....

GothMickey

Apparently you've never had Poland Spring... :lookaroun

(Though for the record it's spring water and not filtered/purified/whatever-fied tap water like Dasani and many others...)

-Rob

Should have been more clear.. Dasani is the best tasting purified bottle water.. Poland Spring is the best spring water, that we agreee with.

Brian Noble

is pure greed
Yes, it is. Of course, it's not pejorative to say that---the company's job is to get extract as much profit from its customers as possible, just as our job is to get as much value as possible from the money we give them.

that is eventually going to turn off customers.
I hear this every time some price in some corner of the World goes up, from room rates to admission to the embroidery on the mouse ears. Hasn't happened yet. Wake me when it does, 'kay?

hokielutz

We just got back from there and the bottled water at all the vendor cart locations was still $2.00 a bottle. I did noticed that the price at the counter service locations was $2.50, but I didn't think much of it because if you want a bottle of water fast, you go to the street vendor locations.

I was in the parks all last week through Sunday.

GothMickey

We just got back from there and the bottled water at all the vendor cart locations was still $2.00 a bottle. I did noticed that the price at the counter service locations was $2.50, but I didn't think much of it because if you want a bottle of water fast, you go to the street vendor locations.

I was in the parks all last week through Sunday.

My cousin was there last year. He said he paid $2.00 at the carts and $2.50 at the counter service restaurants. Does this increase involve the carts?

hokielutz

Have they raised ALL the bottled prices at carts too then? As in, are the Coke/Sprite bottles back up to $2.50 as well? I LOVED when they dropped it to $2 several years ago simply because it's easier and quicker to hand over two singles than find either change in your pocket, or have to fork over like a five and get two singles and two quarters. I imagine WDW would spend a lot of little, aggravating resources keeping the carts stocked in enough quarters at the $2.50 rate.

No still $2.00 at the carts as of Jan 17th.

hokielutz

My cousin was there last year. He said he paid $2.00 at the carts and $2.50 at the counter service restaurants. Does this increase involve the carts?

Unless price increases occured on the 18th or later, I did not see any change to the cart prices from what I have paid in the past 4 years ($2.00 a bottle), but I did note the extra $0.50 required for a bottle at the counter service.

nerdboyrockstar

I believe Universal charges $3.00 for a bottle of water. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Dasani is the best tasting bottled water on the market. I tasted Zephyrhills and it tastes like plastic.

I think $2.75 for the large Zephyrhills bottle. And really you like Dasani? So strange.. I can't drink Dasani or Aquafina.. I really taste whatever they add to it.

I like all the others though..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom