D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleficentfan

Some streaming news?

Celebrate the magic of D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event! This year includes Fortnite | Disney reveals live from the Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, streaming exclusively in Fortnite. Jump into Disney Horizons Live from D23 on August 10 to catch new Fortnite reveals presented live from Josh D'Amaro and a few special guests.

Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be accessible starting on August 10 at 7:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM ET, and the stream will begin shortly after at 8:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM ET. You’ll be able to join the island from the Homebar in Discover (the top row) or by using island code 7908-6413-2516.

View attachment 807354

You have GOT to be joking. 🤦‍♂️

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
you know those who named this "Horizons" probably never experienced it or know what it was like... they just thought the old folks would enjoy it while they cater to the new suckers

etc98

Wild. And it starts an hour and a half after the event starts in person. So maybe they’re only streaming the part of the announcements that actually have something to do with Fortnight
Just saw in the other thread that this stream starts after the presentation in person ends. So maybe it will be all of it and just a replay? If so then I don’t think Disney understands the meaning of the word “Live”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just saw in the other thread that this stream starts after the presentation in person ends. So maybe it will be all of it and just a replay? If so then I don’t think Disney understands the meaning of the word “Live”

They need time to sanitize the audio, just in case there are copious amounts of booing at what is presented. Or not presented.

DCLcruiser

It's a recording of a live event.

Frankly, they should just prerecord the whole thing like an Apple event. The production value is higher, you are able to get an up close view of detailed images, and it's not as awkward.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I assume they mean it in the sense of playback in FORTNITE being an active broadcast at a set time, as opposed to something consumable on demand. It is, nevertheless, a bit disingenuous.

tanc

this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard lol, this even tops not streaming the event. I guess there's some sort of way to view it but with a company as controversial as Epic, I guess money talks.

Big_Shakalaka

Some streaming news?

Celebrate the magic of D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event! This year includes Fortnite | Disney reveals live from the Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, streaming exclusively in Fortnite. Jump into Disney Horizons Live from D23 on August 10 to catch new Fortnite reveals presented live from Josh D'Amaro and a few special guests.

Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be accessible starting on August 10 at 7:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM ET, and the stream will begin shortly after at 8:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM ET. You’ll be able to join the island from the Homebar in Discover (the top row) or by using island code 7908-6413-2516.

View attachment 807354

this is sooooo profoundly dumb that I dont even know where to start.
It's not a "live stream" if it's starting after the event is over. All of the news will already be all over the internet by then.
You're limiting your viewership to only people that have Fortnite

Gusey

From Fortnite's website:
"If you can’t catch the stream live or just want to rewatch, Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be around until August 16, with the presentation on loop. To celebrate the announcements, all players who visit the island for 10 minutes will be granted the Peelverine Plush Back Bling* plus XP on August 16."

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
From Fortnite's website:
"If you can’t catch the stream live or just want to rewatch, Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be around until August 16, with the presentation on loop. To celebrate the announcements, all players who visit the island for 10 minutes will be granted the Peelverine Plush Back Bling* plus XP on August 16."
I haven't played FORTNITE in over four years. Is this a straight video feed, or is it a giant screen in the sky that you have to watch while trying not to be killed by avatars of chaos?

Drdcm

I didn’t realize those kids had thousands of dollars to independently travel to WDW. Are they expecting kids to ask their parents to take them to disneyworld because the parents have no interest anymore?

The Fortnite avenue seems a bit weird and manipulative to me… and I enjoy both videogames and Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom