D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCLcruiser

Think of it this way, they can promote the Disney area of Fornite to those who would actually go to it, and they can show off new Disney stuff in general to kids, teens, college age, or adults who play. If it's like the video, it looks like a recreation of the arena for D23. They could have Captain America fly in, or any other characters.

This would be like HBO showing a GoT/HotD video in EverQuest (I guess I am old, lol).

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Think of it this way, they can promote the Disney area of Fornite to those who would actually go to it, and they can show off new Disney stuff in general to kids, teens, college age, or adults who play. If it's like the video, it looks like a recreation of the arena for D23. They could have Captain America fly in, or any other characters.

This would be like HBO showing a GoT/HotD video in EverQuest (I guess I am old, lol).
Unless it is specifically edited to only include the FORTNITE-themed announcements, it's more like HBO showing a sizzle reel of all their upcoming shows in EverQuest.

rubysparky77

Do we think Disney is likely to upload the presentation to YouTube or D+ the next day? While I love reading the news about what's coming to the parks, I'd prefer to watch Disney's pitch directly, even if delayed by a few hours

donsullivan

Premium Member
If I am reading all of this correctly, Epic is probably sponsoring the stream so it's only available inside the Fornite 'game' platform. How does someone on an iPhone or iPad (or for that matter a Mac) actually watch this since Fortnite isn't available on those platforms after all the Epic lawsuits?

What am I missing by not being in that world?

DCLcruiser

If I am reading all of this correctly, Epic is probably sponsoring the stream so it's only available inside the Fornite 'game' platform. How does someone on an iPhone or iPad (or for that matter a Mac) actually watch this since Fortnite isn't available on those platforms after all the Epic lawsuits?

A banana Wolverine doll.

Gusey

You can download Fortnite for free on any gaming platform if you are on any of those (PlayStation/Xbox/Standard PC). You should be able to go onto the game, search for the specific island and stay there as long as you want hopefully. Fortnite have recently done a few of these live streams in game so it should be straightforward. Since the stream is up until 16th, I'm hoping someone else will be on here to let us know if it's just the Fortnite stuff or the whole stream

Gusey

Just saw that the site that shouldn't be named is stating that the Fortnite stream is after the parks panel as a mini Fortnite panel that's only about Fortnite announcements

donsullivan

Premium Member
You can download Fortnite for free on any gaming platform if you are on any of those (PlayStation/Xbox/Standard PC). You should be able to go onto the game, search for the specific island and stay there as long as you want hopefully. Fortnite have recently done a few of these live streams in game so it should be straightforward. Since the stream is up until 16th, I'm hoping someone else will be on here to let us know if it's just the Fortnite stuff or the whole stream
But if you do not have any one of those gaming platforms (I do not) then you are SOL

Surferboy567

Some streaming news?

Celebrate the magic of D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event! This year includes Fortnite | Disney reveals live from the Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, streaming exclusively in Fortnite. Jump into Disney Horizons Live from D23 on August 10 to catch new Fortnite reveals presented live from Josh D'Amaro and a few special guests.

Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be accessible starting on August 10 at 7:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM ET, and the stream will begin shortly after at 8:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM ET. You’ll be able to join the island from the Homebar in Discover (the top row) or by using island code 7908-6413-2516.

View attachment 807354

HAHHAHHAHHAAHAH.

What a stupid move, Disney what are you doing? Seriously, though this is incredibly stupid, do they know what they are doing? Their audience is parks fans like us on the boards not Fortnite kids.

So, who here is gonna play Fortnite because of this?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Just saw that the site that shouldn't be named is stating that the Fortnite stream is after the parks panel as a mini Fortnite panel that's only about Fortnite announcements
If true, I move from frustrated at a weird decision to not caring at all if it's just about the Fortnite work

donsullivan

Premium Member
The announcement of the Fortnite delayed stream says that it will cover announcements from Fortnite AND Disney. Seems to suggest it will be the entire thing, but delayed by 90 minutes.
While I'm sure this is because Epic is sponsoring it, lots of their (Disney's) audience will be unable to watch it at all which is a very poor choice by Disney, just to get someone else to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom