D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

I'm not saying it's the right decision, but I think this is the reason. They need to keep an air of exclusivity to this if they plan to do this again. Anyone who has a so-so experience this year may be very tempted to skip it and livestream in the future if it were offered.
My church live streams almost everything. But we had a specific event one time which required tickets for admission. Obviously, we didn't live stream.

Gusey

I think way to much is being read into the livestream decision.

My feeling is that since they are charging for admission to the Honda Center, they cannot just hand out a free live stream. because next time they do this, people are not going to pay to be there if they can sit at home and stream it.

And really, does anyone need to see the entertainment segments? All of the info will be released in near realtime, and we will have concept art as usual.
True. I do hope there is a video copy released somewhere though as a later date of the actual annoucements. Sometimes, the actual panel showcases concept art that is then never officially shown on the parks blog (2019 Avengers E-ticket announcement had 3/4 pieces of concept art although only 1 or 2 were actually released). Also, purely for an archival reason, Disney has recent been deleting Disney Park Blog posts from anything pre-2021, so details of some of the attractions announced previously can no longer be found unless you go back to the original panel (Again, 2019 Avengers E-ticket's whole story was revealed at the 2019 parks panel and can no longer be found unless you find videos of the panel)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
People will pay to go if there's a live stream. It's about the experience of being there. being in the moment.

My local hockey team, the Chicago Blackhawks, did not televise their home games for a LONG time under the idea that if they are on TV, no one will go to the game. So what happened? An entire generation of fans who never cared about the Blackhawks because they couldn't watch them. Owner died. His kids put the team back on TV. They win 3 Stanley Cups. 🤷🏻
Not this year :p
florida panthers nhl fans GIF by NHL

MouseEarsMom33

They aren't live streaming any of it to the public. The Fortnite stream is delayed by 90 minutes.

Some streaming news?

Celebrate the magic of D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event! This year includes Fortnite | Disney reveals live from the Horizons: Disney Experiences Showcase, streaming exclusively in Fortnite. Jump into Disney Horizons Live from D23 on August 10 to catch new Fortnite reveals presented live from Josh D'Amaro and a few special guests.

Disney Horizons Live from D23 will be accessible starting on August 10 at 7:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM ET, and the stream will begin shortly after at 8:30 PM PT / 11:30 PM ET. You’ll be able to join the island from the Homebar in Discover (the top row) or by using island code 7908-6413-2516.

View attachment 807354

There are at least 6 references to "live" or "livestreamed" in this announcement. Maybe I am wrong, but it sounds like the panel will go long. Park and experiences will go first. Then at 10:30 it will switch to games and that's when they will live stream it.

Gusey

Here’s how the Travis Scott concert went down too

That one was one of their first attempts to have an in-game event and it was randomly part of the battle royale game, so it was a mess. It's been 4 years, so hopefully they've nailed it down. It's been a while since I've played, so I'm not too sure how it works these days

DreamfinderGuy

What were your main issues with 2022?
Ultimately it was just a lot of stress and hassle to get into the parks panel (and it seems that has only gotten worse this year). Even though it was cool being able to be "in the room" and get my novelty trinkets and whatnot I ultimately walked away thinking the livestream would've given me a similar if not better experience without all the stress and money. I really only attended D23 in general to go to the panel, so that may be part of it.

vikescaper

My sister and I have been discussing what time we will arrive at the convention center in the morning. One of us is going to check out how things are going at 5 am and base it off that. We don’t need to worry about standby for the first panel we want to attend since we both received a reservation for it. It just seems so different from 2022 and having to worry about getting into the queue for the main panels early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom