The "Ultimate" Castle Park

Hey @Charlie The Chatbox Ghost since you want to go back and edit a few things here and there, I might want to point a few things out to you:

1. I think a strong Dark Fantasyland rename would be shadowlands, as if its a mixture of heroes and villains in a big dark forest, I think shadowlands would work.

2. If you want more Pixar representation in the park, I thought of a few ideas for Toy Story, as it could easily be represented with woody in Frontierland and buzz lightyear either in his lightyear spinoff movie or classic Toy Story appearance in tomorrowland. I also think maybe midway mania could find a home here, but I don’t think it would work in any of the lands.

3. I think one think your park is lacking is something that every disney park as scattered around the place: Shops! I mean, Main Street with only three shops is a bit depressing, don’t you think?

4. Lastly, I know you want this park to be as ultimate as possible, so why not just say that this park doesn’t have a limit?! It’s truly as the name implies “The Ultimate Castle Park!” So why not just go add whatever?

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Hey @Charlie The Chatbox Ghost since you want to go back and edit a few things here and there, I might want to point a few things out to you:

1. I think a strong Dark Fantasyland rename would be shadowlands, as if its a mixture of heroes and villains in a big dark forest, I think shadowlands would work.

2. If you want more Pixar representation in the park, I thought of a few ideas for Toy Story, as it could easily be represented with woody in Frontierland and buzz lightyear either in his lightyear spinoff movie or classic Toy Story appearance in tomorrowland. I also think maybe midway mania could find a home here, but I don’t think it would work in any of the lands.

3. I think one think your park is lacking is something that every disney park as scattered around the place: Shops! I mean, Main Street with only three shops is a bit depressing, don’t you think?

4. Lastly, I know you want this park to be as ultimate as possible, so why not just say that this park doesn’t have a limit?! It’s truly as the name implies “The Ultimate Castle Park!” So why not just go add whatever?
I believe the term “Ultimate Castle Park” that he is referring to is the ideal version of a castle park with many iconic attractions and lands but also new additions, which I believe he has done quite well. If I may give some advice, don’t pack the lands too much because you risk it being crowded and that is not really a good theme park. Keep it intimate, of course have lands that are filled with attractions but make sure it fits with the theme. For example, if you have a city themed land it makes sense for a lot of attractions while a quiet town would have less. Just food for though tho.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Not gonna lie Chatbox, keep Fantasyland the same man. It is a really good version of the fantasyland format and it has enough attractions while still keeping it intimate. Tho I think if you do want to decrease the ride count, maybe Casey Jr. Circus Train would be a good thing to remove.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Good point- perhaps the new-park-high hasn't quite worn off yet. I think BTM will likely stay the version it's currently, though I do think DLP's PotC is great. It may just be a fusion of all the classic Pirates by the end of this.
Trust me I know. Whenever I see a park that I really like, I want to replicate things from that park. It is important to make this park YOUR’S not just a clone of an existing park.

Miru

Everest technically exists in the park as Matterhorn Mountain: Legend of the Yeti, which is just EE with the Matterhorn as the facade instead of Everest. Though I'm wondering if it should be a unique mountain since it's in Discovery Bay.

Soarin' would go great in a park! I'm almost wondering if it should be in Discovery Bay as the DisneySea version but that land has enough as it is, lol. I'm also starting to wonder if the secondary park should just be the S.E.A. park, with Discovery Bay being an outpost rather than the HQ for the organization. Who knows.

For Marvel/Lucasfilm- a park with them actually makes sense. We have the castle park, the secondary park, and then an IP land park home to Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar, maybe a Disney movie or two, etc. That third park could keep the other two safe! Maybe in that case I don't need the Avengers ride in Tomorrowland but I think having some Marvel in there is probably a good idea, even if it's a stretch.
1-2 Marvel/Lucasfilm rides are fine in the castle and/or secondary park to tide people over before the IP land launches. A fourth, “mature” park for stuff like AvP, AniDom, etc. would work if we wanted to go further but that’s a pipe dream. A couple genre-based lands in what is otherwise an IP park could host third-party and/or really unfitting stuff if we don’t wanna do the fourth gate. Or heck, I could see the really crazy stuff just being repped in the shopping district.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster

1. I do like the use of Shadows, though Shadowlands makes me think of Lion King so I’m not sure it works. Could do Forest of Shadows? Shadow Woods? I do think dropping “land” will help make it fit with the other secondary lands.

2. Those would technically work though I’m not sure if Woody’s Roundup fits the more realistic setting for Frontierland. I think a Buzz Lightyear attraction would work well! And of course Woody could be in parades and such.

3. Yeah, I think adding more shops would be a good idea! There’s many implied shops (ie ride exit gift shops- I didn’t list them but maybe I should) but I do think I’m going to increase the length of Main Street, especially because it looks kinda short.

4. Like Fozzinator said, it’s less about how big it is and moreso taking the best elements of other parks and putting them together while making them even stronger. I could hypothetically make each land the size of Epcot and have it be this massive multi day park but after experiencing DLP and being able to comfortably do every ride in one day without a fast pass, I think quality over quantity is the move- though my park certainly has more to do than DLP thanks to the benefit of infinite budget and no bad weather to worry about!

Original Poster
Not gonna lie Chatbox, keep Fantasyland the same man. It is a really good version of the fantasyland format and it has enough attractions while still keeping it intimate. Tho I think if you do want to decrease the ride count, maybe Casey Jr. Circus Train would be a good thing to remove.
Yeah, I think I’m going to leave it untouched from the current plan, minus the added Brave ride to get Pixar IP in there and round out the forest area with a third attraction. I am going to redo the castles back courtyard though cause I loved how small and cozy DLP’s was!

Original Poster
1-2 Marvel/Lucasfilm rides are fine in the castle and/or secondary park to tide people over before the IP land launches. A fourth, “mature” park for stuff like AvP, AniDom, etc. would work if we wanted to go further but that’s a pipe dream. A couple genre-based lands in what is otherwise an IP park could host third-party and/or really unfitting stuff if we don’t wanna do the fourth gate. Or heck, I could see the really crazy stuff just being repped in the shopping district.
I was thinking something like Bob’s Burgers or Moe’s Tavern would work great for a Downtown Disney type place! Maybe that’s a future project, haha.

1. I do like the use of Shadows, though Shadowlands makes me think of Lion King so I’m not sure it works. Could do Forest of Shadows? Shadow Woods? I do think dropping “land” will help make it fit with the other secondary lands.

2. Those would technically work though I’m not sure if Woody’s Roundup fits the more realistic setting for Frontierland. I think a Buzz Lightyear attraction would work well! And of course Woody could be in parades and such.

3. Yeah, I think adding more shops would be a good idea! There’s many implied shops (ie ride exit gift shops- I didn’t list them but maybe I should) but I do think I’m going to increase the length of Main Street, especially because it looks kinda short.

4. Like Fozzinator said, it’s less about how big it is and moreso taking the best elements of other parks and putting them together while making them even stronger. I could hypothetically make each land the size of Epcot and have it be this massive multi day park but after experiencing DLP and being able to comfortably do every ride in one day without a fast pass, I think quality over quantity is the move- though my park certainly has more to do than DLP thanks to the benefit of infinite budget and no bad weather to worry about!
1. Alright, you got a point there. I’ll say that Dark Fantasyland works, but if you want to change it, I’ll types to think of something.

2. Woody’s Roundup could get representation with a show in Frontierland. A buzz lightyear ride in Tomorrowland either in lightyear style or classic would make me one happy camper for more Pixar represatiation!

3. I’ll say to look at some of the other castle parks‘ main streets. They all do have a good plethora of shopping!

4. Well I could see the issue with that. Like you and @Lord Fozzinator said, I guess to prevent a big park issue would be a safe move. More rides in the lands would be a nice alternative in my opinion, though.

Original Poster
1. Alright, you got a point there. I’ll say that Dark Fantasyland works, but if you want to change it, I’ll types to think of something.

2. Woody’s Roundup could get representation with a show in Frontierland. A buzz lightyear ride in Tomorrowland either in lightyear style or classic would make me one happy camper for more Pixar represatiation!

3. I’ll say to look at some of the other castle parks‘ main streets. They all do have a good plethora of shopping!

4. Well I could see the issue with that. Like you and @Lord Fozzinator said, I guess to prevent a big park issue would be a safe move. More rides in the lands would be a nice alternative in my opinion, though.
1. Let me know!

2. You know, framing the Woody's Roundup show as a marionette show performed by humans could actually work- instead of the toys being alive, it's all just puppets. For Buzz, I could make Pizza Port have Pizza Planet theming, though I really want to keep Tony Solaroni. Perhaps Alien Swirling Saucers or something similar could fit somewhere? Either that or just relying on Woody's for Toy Story rep

3. Will do!

4. There's always a secondary park! Pretty much anything that wouldn't fit here (Tower of Terror, Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin, MuppetVision, Midway Mania, etc) could go in another park.

1. Let me know!

2. You know, framing the Woody's Roundup show as a marionette show performed by humans could actually work- instead of the toys being alive, it's all just puppets. For Buzz, I could make Pizza Port have Pizza Planet theming, though I really want to keep Tony Solaroni. Perhaps Alien Swirling Saucers or something similar could fit somewhere? Either that or just relying on Woody's for Toy Story rep

3. Will do!

4. There's always a secondary park! Pretty much anything that wouldn't fit here (Tower of Terror, Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin, MuppetVision, Midway Mania, etc) could go in another park.
1. Heres are name suggestions: The Shadow Domain or Dark Kingdom

2. Alright, the puppet show idea for woodys roundup is genius! Maybe it could be have IRL performance, half puppets? For buzz, I would say maybe clone his dark ride with some more futurist theming like Shanghai‘s buzz ride or have a lightyear themed ride in tomorrowland.

3. Nothing really to say here. Glad your going to do that!

4. Second gates are always perfect for attractions that don’t fit the main park! Maybe there could be one?

Original Poster
Question for the community as it popped into my head while doing some work for the site that shall not be named: Should the Yeti in this park's Matterhorn be Harold, the Everest Yeti, or a combination? Like Harold but the size and technology of the Everest Yeti? Also, classic Harold (flashing eyes and black skin) or modern Harold (nonflashing eyes and blue skin)?

Miru

Question for the community as it popped into my head while doing some work for the site that shall not be named: Should the Yeti in this park's Matterhorn be Harold, the Everest Yeti, or a combination? Like Harold but the size and technology of the Everest Yeti? Also, classic Harold (flashing eyes and black skin) or modern Harold (nonflashing eyes and blue skin)?
The Everest one is named Betty, apparently. What if BOTH of them showed up?

Original Poster
Idea of the deranged: for this hypothetical ultimate park having this resort- what if the other two parks were a DisneySea and a DisneySky? So the three parks would be Land, Sea, Sky.

Though, if I did that, should I move Discovery Bay to Sea? Which park would a Hollywoodland fit in more? Does it even make sense to do the Land/Sea/Sky gimmick if it doesn't really do much for the parks?

Miru

Idea of the deranged: for this hypothetical ultimate park having this resort- what if the other two parks were a DisneySea and a DisneySky? So the three parks would be Land, Sea, Sky.

Though, if I did that, should I move Discovery Bay to Sea? Which park would a Hollywoodland fit in more? Does it even make sense to do the Land/Sea/Sky gimmick if it doesn't really do much for the parks?
Then DisneySpace could be the name for the IP-land park, logically; those big IP being set in space and all (plus it would be fun creating the genre lands for adult/3rd-party content)

Last edited:

Original Poster
Then DisneySpace could be the name for the IP-land park, logically; those big IP being set in space and all (plus it would be fun creating the genre lands for adult/3rd-party content)
That's a good idea! Land, Sea, Sky, and Space...

Land
  • Classic style park
  • Home to "classic" Disney IPs (both films and park-originals)
  • Has a good balance of family and thrill rides- meant to appeal to everyone
  • Icon: The Castle
Sea
  • Epcot/DisneySea style park
  • Lands are themed to parts of the world(?)
  • More focused on an immersive experience- less about rides and more about walking around and soaking in atmosphere (there will still be rides)
  • Icon: Volcano?
Sky
  • New park type- themed around abstract concepts like dreams, imagination, and the future
  • Home to areas like "Hollywoodland" (representing human's long history of storytelling), "Dreamland" (home to Figment & Dreamfinder), etc.
  • Leans more on the family side of things, being a park with plenty of offerings for younger ones and those who don't like thrill rides
  • Icon: Glass Pyramids that shoot beams of light into the sky at night

Space
  • Epic Universe style park- IP lands galore
  • Explores different "universes" of Disney films, mainly Star Wars, Marvel, and other brands not typically associated with Disney
  • Aimed at an older audience- more thrills
  • Icon: Spaceship Earth-like structure?

Miru

That's a good idea! Land, Sea, Sky, and Space...

Land
  • Classic style park
  • Home to "classic" Disney IPs (both films and park-originals)
  • Has a good balance of family and thrill rides- meant to appeal to everyone
  • Icon: The Castle
Sea
  • Epcot/DisneySea style park
  • Lands are themed to parts of the world(?)
  • More focused on an immersive experience- less about rides and more about walking around and soaking in atmosphere (there will still be rides)
  • Icon: Volcano?
Sky
  • New park type- themed around abstract concepts like dreams, imagination, and the future
  • Home to areas like "Hollywoodland" (representing human's long history of storytelling), "Dreamland" (home to Figment & Dreamfinder), etc.
  • Leans more on the family side of things, being a park with plenty of offerings for younger ones and those who don't like thrill rides
  • Icon: Glass Pyramids that shoot beams of light into the sky at night

Space
  • Epic Universe style park- IP lands galore
  • Explores different "universes" of Disney films, mainly Star Wars, Marvel, and other brands not typically associated with Disney
  • Aimed at an older audience- more thrills
  • Icon: Spaceship Earth-like structure?
I see DisneySea as being closer to California Adventure or even Animal Kingdom than it is to Epcot, with DisneySky being closer to Epcot, but if we do need an Animal Kingdom/California Adventure style park similar to how DisneySky has the Hollywood stuff (unless DisneySky also has animal kingdom-type elements), perhaps DisneySoul would work as the name of the fifth park? DisneySpace’s very icon should be an IP element, in order to make it clear that DisneySpace is an IP-land park. A few ideas for lands in DisneySpace:

* The Void (sci-fi horror and maybe other general horror, with multiple sublands for different genres of horror, Outer Nebula for sci-fi horror, Mean Streets for stuff like Chainsaw Man, and Ravenswood Ruins for more classical horror including Tower of Terror)
* Ludos Station (video game themed land divided into sublands based on Squeenix, Capcom, and Lucasarts, each with multiple IP included, including 3 or so major IP as D/E tickets with other IP in multi-property C-ticket attractions, such as a 4D movie Capcom Vs. Arena based on an array of Capcom IP, or a dark ride based on Mana, Octopath Traveler, TWEWY, etc. Themed around a cyberpunk train station, like a slightly darker Wreck-It Ralph meets TRON)
* Springfieldcon (The works of Matt Groening including Simpsons, Futurama, Disenchanted, plus possibly some other animated sitcoms like Bob’s Burgers. Themed to a 24-hour convention center, subtly shaped like the heads of the Simpsons)

Pandora would work too, though possibly also stuff like a brand new SW land instead of GE. With DisneySpace I feel like traditional Disney characters would only work as meetables.

Last edited:

Original Poster
That already exists here and it’s one of the more famous concepts!
Ooooh neat! I'll have to check it out!
I see DisneySea as being closer to California Adventure or even Animal Kingdom than it is to Epcot, with DisneySky being closer to Epcot, but if we do need an Animal Kingdom/California Adventure style park similar to how DisneySky has the Hollywood stuff (unless DisneySky also has animal kingdom-type elements), perhaps DisneySoul would work as the name of the fifth park? DisneySpace’s very icon should be an IP element, in order to make it clear that DisneySpace is an IP-land park. A few ideas for lands in DisneySpace:

* The Void (sci-fi horror and maybe other general horror, with multiple sublands for different genres of horror, Outer Nebula for sci-fi horror, Mean Streets for stuff like Chainsaw Man, and Ravenswood Ruins for more classical horror including Tower of Terror)
* Ludos Station (video game themed land divided into sublands based on Squeenix, Capcom, and Lucasarts, each with multiple IP included, including 3 or so major IP as D/E tickets with other IP in multi-property C-ticket attractions, such as a 4D movie Capcom Vs. Arena based on an array of Capcom IP, or a dark ride based on Mana, Octopath Traveler, TWEWY, etc. Themed around a cyberpunk train station, like a slightly darker Wreck-It Ralph meets TRON)
* Springfieldcon (The works of Matt Groening including Simpsons, Futurama, Disenchanted, plus possibly some other animated sitcoms like Bob’s Burgers. Themed to a 24-hour convention center, shaped like the heads of the Simpsons)

Pandora would work too, though possibly also stuff like a brand new SW land instead of GE.
Some interesting ideas here too! I feel like an Animal Kingdom style park isn't 100% needed for this hypothetical, especially it just doesn't really fit in any of the suffixes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom