D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—comes to Anaheim, California from August 9 to 11, 2024 and will be a fan experience like never before.

Next year’s one-of-a-kind experience will have spectacular shows, new venues and multiple days of entertainment that brings together the wonderful world of Disney. That’s everything including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and much, much more.

The D23 kickoff celebration will take place at Disneyland Resort on August 8 followed by shopping, exhibits, panels, presentations, and more on August 9 – 11 at the Anaheim Convention Center during the day, with the fun extending into the evening at the Honda Center—the bigger home to marquee shows.

In addition, there will also be a special D23 Day at Angel Stadium, where D23 fans are invited to attend the Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Mets game on August 4.

Tickets for D23 will go on sale in Spring 2024, with ticketing options to be announced later for access to the Anaheim Convention Center and the Honda Center. Admission for D23 Day at Angel Stadium and the D23 kickoff celebration at Disneyland Resort will be available as separate ticketed events.

Additional details for D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event will be announced in early 2024.

BrianLo

I snap booked a hotel / DVC and didn't even bother to read the event details.

Moving the *presumably* three big panels to the Honda Centre is super smart and long ago needed.

I think it's incredibly difficult to roll the dice on this event and just hope you can win the lottery to get into the panels. It has worked out well for me personally twice, but that also feels like blind luck. This basically guarantees nosebleed seats if you want to go, which makes the whole event a bit more recommendable.

So to clarify you will have to buy a D23 Ticket to get into the convention, then a separate ticket to get into the Honda Center and another ticket to get into the Disneyland Kickoff event. I am curious about the transportation to and from the Honda Center.

TheMaxRebo

So to clarify you will have to buy a D23 Ticket to get into the convention, then a separate ticket to get into the Honda Center and another ticket to get into the Disneyland Kickoff event. I am curious about the transportation to and from the Honda Center.

The transportation/logistics has me intrigued/curious too

Like, it isn't walking distance - will they have shuttles or something or will it be viewed more like separate things and you can do both but on you to get b/w them?

Salted Nut Roll

This is the only announcement I was waiting for this weekend! I'm so excited! It's interesting that they're moving some events to the Honda center. Hopefully it will help alleviate lines and crowds in the convention center, but the two venues are so far apart, going back and forth will be be a pain. I'm sure they'll have shuttles running back and forth, but it will still be a hassle. I'm curious to see how that goes.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like the events at the Honda center will be part of the Expo admission price, but the Baseball game and the Disneyland trip will be separate ticked events.

Surferboy567

Doesn’t Spring seem kinda late to be selling badges for this? I thought they normally go up in January. I am planning to hopefully attend my first D23 next year.

michmousefan

I didn't see anything that says the Honda Center events will need a separate ticket, unless you are taking about "registering" for them just like one had to do for any of the Expo panels and presentations. Your D23 ticket/pass (and the Disneyland kickoff, which was specifically mentioned as an add-on) should be the only "ticket" you'll have to buy.

Yes, the transportation to the HC will be quite a challenge for them... in prior years, they have always seemed surprised when crowds for the regular Expo manifest outside the convention center; if I had a buck for every time I saw Expo staff hastily laying down masking tape to mark queues... it's going to take a while to get 15-18,000 people into buses and then the arena itself.

If I'm there I can see Ubering the two miles to the HC just to avoid the inevitable lines and delays for the buses.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm glad I don't go for the big panels as that transportation between venues is a hot mess waiting to happen. :(

Think it's a terrible logistical idea. But in the multiple times they've had the Expo, they've yet to figure out how to organize it well.

Indy_UK

So its cost me a fortune from the UK to manage to get it but my husband really wanted to become a D23 member so bought him a gold (Duo) membership for Christmas. They were recently offering 30% off

Now we are Gold members, does that guarantee us the option to get D23 Expo tickets?

We are in Anaheim, during D23 and fancy just going on the Sunday to say we have done it. I would do the Saturday too but probably too much for the little one.

TheMaxRebo

So its cost me a fortune from the UK to manage to get it but my husband really wanted to become a D23 member so bought him a gold (Duo) membership for Christmas. They were recently offering 30% off

Now we are Gold members, does that guarantee us the option to get D23 Expo tickets?

We are in Anaheim, during D23 and fancy just going on the Sunday to say we have done it. I would do the Saturday too but probably too much for the little one.

You aren't guaranteed tickets but if you are gold and you do get tickets you get extra perks - or at least did in the past (access to a lounge, a gift, etc)

Usually the sorcerer (VIP) tickets go super fast and then Saturday goes and the 3 day tickets. Tickets for just Friday or just Sunday usually last for a bit

But this year the format is new so not sure how things will go this year

Surferboy567

Time for a thread resurrection. I have begun planning for D23 in August, securing a hotel room. Any more rumblings on when we are going to be hearing more about this year’s event, such as tickets and more general details? I know they said spring for tickets but I imagine they are going to need to provide more details soon? We also need to hear about the D23 take over of Disneyland.

I’m not 100% committed to going to D23 yet…but it’s looking more likely. This will be my first actual D23, I also expect this year to be a pretty large one given the lack of anything new announced.

TheMaxRebo

Time for a thread resurrection. I have begun planning for D23 in August, securing a hotel room. Any more rumblings on when we are going to be hearing more about this year’s event, such as tickets and more general details? I know they said spring for tickets but I imagine they are going to need to provide more details soon? We also need to hear about the D23 take over of Disneyland.

I’m not 100% committed to going to D23 yet…but it’s looking more likely. This will be my first actual D23, I also expect this year to be a pretty large one given the lack of anything new announced.

I am in similar boat - I booked a hotel room to have something but waiting on more details to see if will definitely go or not

I have been to a Destination D23 at WDW but next the version in California

vikescaper

I’m not sure how it has been for other D23’s but for 2022, tickets went on sale January 2022. My sister took care of those so I can’t recall the exact date. I’m looking forward to going again as we had a great time in 2022! Even though we had to wait in the standby line for the main panels, we had a great time and talked to many great people!

Surferboy567

I’m not sure how it has been for other D23’s but for 2022, tickets went on sale January 2022. My sister took care of those so I can’t recall the exact date. I’m looking forward to going again as we had a great time in 2022! Even though we had to wait in the standby line for the main panels, we had a great time and talked to many great people!
That’s why I resurrected this thread. Seems like January is a popular time for D23 news. A quick google search reveals that January 13 is when they announced details at 2022‘s event.

Indy_UK

I better get my Disneyland tickets soon ready so that as soon as I can make park reservations, I do because i assume the parks are going to be busy around the time of the event.

We are still probably just going to stick to the Sunday only and hopefully will get enough out of it

asianway

They used to go on sale a year ahead

TheMaxRebo

Disney blog just posted their "24 things to look forward to in 2024" and for the D23 Fan advent it used the verbage: "Tickets for the event will go on sale in Spring 2024 and more details will be announced early this year."

So thinking we should get more info fairly soon, but tickets won't actually go on sale for a few months

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom