D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

Anyone know how to lip read?

IMG_9009.jpeg

The Chatbox Ghost

The announcement of the Fortnite delayed stream says that it will cover announcements from Fortnite AND Disney. Seems to suggest it will be the entire thing, but delayed by 90 minutes.
You know, all this Fortnite talk has me thinking... what do we think the extent of Disney's deal with Epic Games is? Is Disney still trying to make a metaverse-type thing happen with a virtual park and stuff? They are combining their parks panel with Fortnite news, which is strange when you think about it unless that's the direction they're going in. That's kinda the vibe I'm getting, and I'm concerned that they're going to be pumping billions into a video game instead of their actual real parks. It's definitely much easier to build and change a digital park than it is a real one, that's for sure...

bwr827

HAHHAHHAHHAAHAH.

What a stupid move, Disney what are you doing? Seriously, though this is incredibly stupid, do they know what they are doing? Their audience is parks fans like us on the boards not Fortnite kids.

So, who here is gonna play Fortnite because of this?
Isn’t the reasonable and obvious assumption that the Fortnite live stream is about Fortnite? Not about the parks?

bwr827

Not to stir anything up but it is semi-important to point out that you will need an epic games account to sign in.

Epic games is largely owned by Tencent.

Tencent is not exactly a trusted company. Google is your friend (For research on this)

This is a very poor move from Disney to do this.
It’s a TikTok world. People don’t care about whether they should trust the companies behind their online experiences.

The Chatbox Ghost

He is actually quite media trained and expressive. That was just after I shouted if he’d consider overlaying Everest with Frozen.

View attachment 807460

Once the handlers explained Everest was that nondescript India coaster he lit up. Birds flew overhead and the skies parted. I can’t share more because I’m now on payroll.
So we have you to blame when the Yeti starts singing Let it Go 😂

duncedoof

Baffling move though. What kid will be interested in watching a Disney Parks conference in Fortnite? They'd want to play the actual game!

Anyone actually interested most likely doesn't have Fortnite as a primary hobby.

duncedoof

One more thing. Disney's alliance with Epic seems odd, when you consider how they're basically blacklisted from Apple services post failed lawsuit. (You can't play Fortnite on iPhone no more)

Disney has a very strong relationship with Apple, and yet they're also playing Team Epic?

I wonder how they'll reconcile that? It's already having the awkward effect of limiting anyone on the Apple ecosystem from engaging with their digital event.

It's like a paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom