D23 2010 - "Gold" and "Silver" Memberships, Dontown Disney Discounts

EPCOT Explorer

The simple bottom line is that no stupid club is the answer to that. I think it's great that they've finally evolved into the digital age with blogs and FB pages and what not. If they want people start using those instead of other websites, they're really going to have to up the content and the frequency of worth-while updates. It's not out of reach, but it does seem to be effort they're not yet willing to put forth.

At a certin point, I have to say it's silly. The very definition of a town is a place where people of various trades contribute their wares to the greater society. The baker provides the bread. The police man provides the protection. The teacher provides the education. When the police man attempts to provide the protection *and* the bread, the quality of both will drop. In this particular town, Disney provides they attractions - and they do it better than anyone. Rather than trying to bake the bread as well, let someone like a WDWMagic or a Mouse Planet provide the bread since it's what *they* specialize in. Disney needs to learn that in this case, it's better to be a member of the town than the entire town itself, else risk cheapening the quality of life for all who live within it.

FANTASTICALLY equated.

Honestly, I don;t think people will ever stop coming here. I have no desire to post my opinions to Disney's site where I know they will be cut down. Here? Never. They showed what they were up to with the LoW comments that never made it to their "Parks Blog". :lol:

So pay with a credit card. :shrug:

See I don't actually have a credit card: trying to resist the one thing that drives many people into the debt thats gotten us into this economic mess and paypal is normally a great alternative for me. But it might be something I'll have to get sometime...

Just means talking with the ol family and discussing purchasing a membership but wish they didnt make it so difficult. They'd get more money if was international

csm

FANTASTICALLY equated.

Honestly, I don;t think people will ever stop coming here. I have no desire to post my opinions to Disney's site where I know they will be cut down. Here? Never. They showed what they were up to with the LoW comments that never made it to their "Parks Blog". :lol:

Opinions are meaningless when censored. Anyone who doesn't know that your thoughts will only actually make it if they are pro-agenda is either living under a rock or just all-out crazy.

EPCOT Explorer

See I don't actually have a credit card: trying to resist the one thing that drives many people into the debt thats gotten us into this economic mess and paypal is normally a great alternative for me. But it might be something I'll have to get sometime...

Just means talking with the ol family and discussing purchasing a membership but wish they didnt make it so difficult. They'd get more money if was international
Hey, same here. No credit cards is the way to go. Mostly. :lol:
Opinions are meaningless when censored. Anyone who doesn't know that your thoughts will only actually make it if they are pro-agenda is either living under a rock or just all-out crazy.

Oh, and we have those in our little Disney community and in every aspect of life, of course. :lol:

EPCOTPluto

It's what I am here for. :lol:

The Mags look great, I give them that. But for actual info? Hah! I have hear for that. And Laughing Place. And Mice Chat. And Twitter.

Be it a obvious method for money or not, it IS it's purpose, and I do not flaw them at all for that. It's just a little too obvious, seeing what you get, or now, don't get in return.
There are some interesting articles, though...

And it's why I decided to not join in on the fun. Too much exploitation going on... :lookaroun

I'll start a cult right now -and my membership fees will only be $30. That's a whole $5 less, and I'll email you three times a week! Who's in?
Will it involve personal lounges in the parks? :p

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Can I still make "Cutesy" comments/references about it either way? :confused::veryconfu

Thats what I am good at :king: :lookaroun :lol: :lookaroun
Oh absolutely! :D

[Was "Cutesy" too much? :lookaroun - sorry.]

krankenstein

I still haven't joined D23. Will I? Eh maybe... I'm curious like that. :lol::lookaroun :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did on a whim. I'm undecided about renewing, but I do like the magazines.

meh.... Got the AP, I don't really need much else. :shrug:

/wants to do the archives tour

Join Eurodisney shareholders club: You get this! http://www.mouseplanet.com/paris/salon_mickey1.htm

Plus discounts in Disney Village, Restaurants, Hotels and on Passes - all year round! (bar Christmas week and Halloween) plus discount in Disney Stores in Europe

The only catch is its only in Disneyland Paris so you gotta travel to paris to get yer perks but otherwise its a darn-sight better than the single Downtown Disney discount

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom