D23 2010 - "Gold" and "Silver" Memberships, Dontown Disney Discounts

EpcotServo

Sorry, was working.

I don't know that I'd call it "so great". I'd call the magazines plus the little freebies "worth the money." That's partly because I'm in a position where $75 over the course of a year isn't really going to be missed, so that contributes to the notion of "worth".

There are several things about the magazine that I like. It's a cross-section of material from various parts of the company that someone has taken decent care to select, compose, and produce. There's something pleasant about not having to go find it, but having it be just arrive---and there are things I read there that I probably wouldn't take the time to try to search for, but are interesting. I don't find much in the theme park articles that I didn't know already, but I do in other areas of the company.

The production value is good---layout and art selection are very good, and the physical artifact is perhaps not $15 good in absolute terms, but then again the "deluxe" resorts aren't $400 nice in a head-to-head comparison with top-shelf resorts, either. As with most other things Mouse, it's all in context, and it's not just function but form as well.

But, what really makes it worth the extra $15 are the little extras. They are worth nothing---and honestly, I'm not even "collecting" them. They are like little ephemeral surprises that bring a smile to my day when they arrive, and are neat and fun to look at and enjoy. It's an extra $3.75 per issue---and it brings me more happiness than my double-shot medium cap at ERC, for about the same price. What's the harm in that?

^I endorse this as the best pro-23 post I've heard. Carry on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom