Cranium Commanad STILL intact!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Backstage Cranium Command is a 5-story jumble of projector rooms, staircases, special effects and maintenance areas. Not to mention the giant basement under the attraction. Simply put, it won't fit.

With the new technology we have today, I don't think it could hurt if we change up the "behind the scenes" portions of the attraction. Instead if the 1989 version, all we need are some of the tiny HD projecter screens, and the special effects would be updated with new equipment. Not sure what the starcases are but I'm sure we could change something there as well.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't like to argue with raven but I'm going to say that it still could. It's a stretch but considering nobody wants to see EO anymore, or the new ride or new imageworks, do what we did to Horizons: DESTROY THE PAVILION!!! >:D

........:lookaroun........

Considering he actually works in the park on a daily basis, you should have stopped with "Raven."

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'll take Martin and Raven's knowledge over some misplaced youthful exuberance any day of the week. Just because you want something, doesn't mean it's feasible.

"If we can dream it, we can do it" :D

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
That was the tune of the past. Lately it's been more like "Sure, we can dream it, but will TDO approve it?"

Not trying to rain on any 3:00 parade but it's plain truth. :(

BeautyandBeastGrowl26fLG.gif

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
With putting Cranium Command into the Magic Eye Theater,it's obvious you're not a Captain EO fan.
Besides,we could easily see Buzzy moving into the Imagination Pavilion if that happened. ;)
Maybe they could expand the Circle of Life theater and put Cranium Command in there. Does anyone even go see Circle of Life?

I actually really enjoyed it! :sohappy: But I mean, I'm not a Michael Jackson fan so I'm speaking for myself

- WondersOfLife

TropicalFig8

That was the tune of the past. Lately it's been more like "Sure, we can dream it, but will TDO approve it?"

Not trying to rain on any 3:00 parade but it's plain truth. :(

^
So True :(

I actually thought it would be "Sure,we can dream it,but TDO won't do anything about it."

I still think that if WDW runs out of ideas,they could bring back old attractions like Cranium Command.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I'm not sure why the spent such a grand bit of money on a little mermaid dark ride when they could be spending a grand bit of money fixing up body wars and cranium command for TWO D-Ticket attractions in one building! It'd probably even be LESS money.. :lol:

- WondersOfLife

TropicalFig8

I'm not sure why the spent such a grand bit of money on a little mermaid dark ride when they could be spending a grand bit of money fixing up body wars and cranium command for TWO D-Ticket attractions in one building! It'd probably even be LESS money.. :lol:

To rebuild two attractions would cost a lot of money. I don't know how much money it is costing Disney to return the original Tiki Room. Probably not much but something like Body Wars might be as much as the Little Mermaid ride.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
To rebuild two attractions would cost a lot of money. I don't know how much money it is costing Disney to return the original Tiki Room. Probably not much but something like Body Wars might be as much as the Little Mermaid ride.

...An omnimover dark ride is totally different than a simulater ride and a 2 (basically one) AA show with screens.

I think the main part of the money going into is recreating the movies, repairing damages and updating technology. Not building a huge dark ride from scratch. I'd say it'd be just about as much as re-opening the original imageworks upstairs.

- WondersOfLife

RedFurredCadet

Rightfully agreed. And if you think closely enough, for those who have been on the ride, it's a case of 'bro, we've been in Bobby's shoes for a while now; what about Annie's?' It'd probably make a good premise for a second upcoming show.

PS: ...and whatever you do, don't name the female pilot Sarah Bellum.

Spike-in-Berlin

- WondersOfLife

I wouldn't consider Cranium Command or Body Wars (although I liked both) a D-Ticket to be honest. That would actually put them in the same league as the upcoming Little Mermaid ride or even the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster after all I heard about it (sadly no E-Ticket either) and there are huge differences to these. Both, CC and BW, are more of a c-ticket.

Spike-in-Berlin

Body Wars, when it debuted, was an E-Ticket, being the only thrill ride in Epcot.

I would say a thrill ride is not automatically what we call an E-Ticket. It needs more, especially the size of the ride, the theming and immersive qualities etc.
In opposite to Star Tours Body Wars had no themed area.

thelookingglass

But the original purpose of the actual "E-Tickets" were for the rides that were of the highest demand, not what we, today, deem worthy of the phrase "E-Ticket."

Country Bear Jamboree was an actual "E-Ticket" opening year.

Spike-in-Berlin

But the original purpose of the actual "E-Tickets" were for the rides that were of the highest demand, not what we, today, deem worthy of the phrase "E-Ticket."

Country Bear Jamboree was an actual "E-Ticket" opening year.

I know. And I believe Hall of Presidents too. I think we should however use it today in the meaning of "Superheadliner", not the old definition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom