Cranium Commanad STILL intact!!

Disneygal1

It's in much more bad state than that. You will notice some portions of the ceiling that crumbled and fell on the floor just before they entered through the door. This is happening all over the place.

That is so sad. I loved Cranium Command. It was cheesy, yet original and funny. I'm guessing that it will never be reopened...

IWant2GoNow

I enjoyed everything in WoL and miss it quite a bit. Body Wars was a little too intense for me because I don't really like talking about blood streams and body organs. Blech... So travelling through them was a little unnerving to me. Cranium Command though I remember being pretty cool.

It's funny. Some people in here are talking about Buzzy like he's a live person that we banished from this world. :lol:

Actually... sounds like a Pixar movie or at least a short. An AA gets to perform for people and loves it then the park decides to shut him down. Then towards the end someone stumbles in, takes video of him, posts it online, and a revolt happens to get the show back on. So then the AA is happy at the end. Yay!

And no, that happy ending is not going to happen in real life. :hammer:

Thurp

This thread made me want to relive the attraction via YouTube. What a great show. I always loved it and after watching it again, I think that even the jokes hold if very well. The video visuals may look a bit dated today, but the script is still fantastic.

DizFanatic

I do have to say that Cranium Command was one of my favorites. Because of my age, the characters were all relevent and perfect for each of their parts. I still have my Buzzy t-shirt from my honeymoon in 1991 (although it no longer fits :shrug:)

I think for people in my age group & older may still enjoy the "inside" humor from each of the characters, but a modern re-cast and script modifications can make it a real jewel for the younger generation. Of course preserving the theme, humor and educational aspects.

And somebody mentioned earlier that it would make a good movie, I agree.

forevermickey

I loved the whole WOL pavilion.... it just looked like fun as soon as you walked in.. I thought the attractions were cool... now that I have a 5 year old... I really miss it!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think one of the downfalls of WoL besides some outdated attractions, was the lack of entertaining theming.

I have to admit that I didn't like the tacky "carnival" theme. Although, what other kind of them would you put in a pavilion like that? :shrug:

I'm thinking that Disney could demolish the old Anacomical Players, Goofy About Health, and The Making of me theaters with a brand new Kitchen Kabaret show! :sohappy:

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think one of the downfalls of WoL besides some outdated attractions, was the lack of entertaining theming.

I have to admit that I didn't like the tacky "carnival" theme. Although, what other kind of them would you put in a pavilion like that? :shrug:

I'm thinking that Disney could demolish the old Anacomical Players, Goofy About Health, and The Making of me theaters with a brand new Kitchen Kabaret show! :sohappy:

Well, you can't catch all of the theming in a YouTube video....

Thankfully the pavilion already is being put to other uses.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well, you can't catch all of the theming in a YouTube video....

Thankfully the pavilion already is being put to other uses.

I have been to Wonders of Life when it was open and I remember what the theming looked like and it's kind of the same today.

I remember everything in the pavilion except the Wonder Cycles, Coach's Corner and the Gift Shop. :cool:

- WondersOfLife

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I have been to Wonders of Life when it was open and I remember what the theming looked like and it's kind of the same today.

I remember everything in the pavilion except the Wonder Cycles, Coach's Corner and the Gift Shop. :cool:

Of course......

RedFurredCadet

I do have to say that Cranium Command was one of my favorites. Because of my age, the characters were all relevent and perfect for each of their parts. I still have my Buzzy t-shirt from my honeymoon in 1991 (although it no longer fits :shrug:)

I think for people in my age group & older may still enjoy the "inside" humor from each of the characters, but a modern re-cast and script modifications can make it a real jewel for the younger generation. Of course preserving the theme, humor and educational aspects.

And somebody mentioned earlier that it would make a good movie, I agree.

Agreed. All I can say is that Buzzy deserves recognition to a new generation. All he needs is some help. DizFanatic, perhaps the suggestion would work, but it'll take a lot of research firsthand.

And on mentioning of the Buzzy shirt, it's amazing that if there were any CC merch., it's very hard to find these days, not even on eBay. Heck even I decided to create a page on my blog for anyone to showcase their photos of any possible WOL merch leftover. :brick: Sad fact that Buzzy remains obscure, even now by today's standards.

Oh and the movie suggestion? Tops. Having a visionary's imagination, I can totally picture it happening at this moment. I can even figure out what might happen at this moment. This could be a good idea, IF done correctly.

So there still might be hope that Buzzy might finally be let back into the spotlight. But the problem is... when? And how? We could only dream and discuss, right?

Edeyore

I wonder if they would ever consider moving Cranium Command to Inoventions. It was a good show. It would draw an audience and maybe get more people into this area of the park.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
when? And how? We could only dream and discuss, right?

I wonder if they would ever consider moving Cranium Command to Inoventions. It was a good show. It would draw an audience and maybe get more people into this area of the park.

RedFurredCadet, you speak in riddles... :ROFLOL:

I like the moving it to innoventions idea. But I think it could stand as being a single attraction in it's own building. I wouldn't mind moving it to Captain EO's theater.

General Knowledge: Leave as Corey Burton
Buzzy: Leave as Scott Curtis
Left Brain: Jim Carrey
Right Brain: Johnny Depp or Ellen
Stomach: Robin Williams
Ventricles of the Heart: Eddie Murphy & Martin Lawrence
Adrenal Gland: Jack Black
Hypothalamus: Bill Murray or leave as Kirk Wise
Annie: Debby Ryan
Principal Hardcase: Phill Lewis
Bully: Kyle Swann

My version of a "modern cast"

- WondersOfLife

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why? How about something as radical as upgrading and reopening the Life pavilion to the paying guests who pay for its upkeep?

Spike-in-Berlin

I thought that Cranium Command was a nice minor attraction in a less-than-stellar pavillon. If you consider the topic of WoL the pavillon was actually quite lame. No major ride at all, only a nice smaller show attraction and a downsized clone of Star Tours. The carnival theming didn't help either.
They should do a major refurb or put something completely different in there.

rsoxguy

Why? How about something as radical as upgrading and reopening the Life pavilion to the paying guests who pay for its upkeep?

Watch it, now. We wouldn't want to shock the system with unconventional thought. It may start with your simple suggestion, but where does it end? Closed restaurants no longer sitting idle? A fireworks extravaganza brought back to its former glory? Pavilions and attractions that still highlight the limitless future of human civilization? Face it Mr. Radical thinking, you're a hippie.

Oddysey

watch it, now. We wouldn't want to shock the system with unconventional thought. It may start with your simple suggestion, but where does it end? Closed restaurants no longer sitting idle? A fireworks extravaganza brought back to its former glory? Pavilions and attractions that still highlight the limitless future of human civilization? Face it mr. Radical thinking, you're a hippie.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom