Cranium Commanad STILL intact!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
OMG I found a video of two people sneaking around Wonders of Life and they went in the Cranium Command show!!

The bad part about the video? You have to turn your computer/laptop screen sideways to see it :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9rK6xGilmI

There are still some lights left on the projecters of the show and other affects.. it's amazing that it's all still there! It's also sad to see buzzy's prison in the dark. :cry:

Also an interesting video of the Imageworks.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAnag-RNAAI&feature=related

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

pumpkin7

it'll never happen but i wish they wouldnn't jsut let things like this just sit there with the lights on. i've never experienced cranium command, and i would love to. oh well. least they could do would be turn off the lights and save some power.
shame there's no real good shot of buzzy in that video.

Imagineer6

It's not really like they would completely destroy it. There aren't many people who work in parks that know what's inside there. After they closed it, they weren't sure what they would do, even now they don't know what to do with it. Body Wars was used for Star Tours 2 tests, I think, so they had to take the simulators out.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
It looks like all they have to do if they want to reopen cranium command is dust it, update the footage and repair some minor damages and clean-ups in the attraction.

- WondersOfLife

Imagineer6

It looks like all they have to do if they want to reopen cranium command is dust it, update the footage and repair some minor damages and clean-ups in the attraction.

Enhancing the Buzzy animatronic wouldn't hurt either. Also, the show quality might not be the best after like 17-8 years.

Vernonpush

That show was outdated in the 1990s.:lol: They would have to really update the film sequences if they were ever to open it up again (I don't think it would ever happen).

misterID

The people over at imagineering disney posted an article about a recent walk through of Cranium Command last November. I can't watch the video now, but I assume some of this is pretty similar:

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/11/1/then-and-now-epcot-future-world-part-1.html

"Future World, come back. We miss you. You weren't boring like they told us you were. Really, you weren't. You've really lost your identity but it's not too late to find it again."

:lol:

I have to be honest, I always thought WOL was kind of lame.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I have to be honest, I always thought WOL was kind of lame.

I thought everything in the pavilion was lame except Body Wars and Cranium Command.

Cranium Command would be a great opportunity for a Disney movie, I think.

If Disney could re-create the CC show today, I'm pretty sure it would be awesome! New comedic actors like Jim Carrey as left brain and Ellen as right brain (Or is it the other way around??) :p It would be majorly funny with updated actors and film. That was my favorite ride in all of WDW and I think Disney did a really good job. Outdated or not, it was still very entertaining.

- WondersOfLife

GeneralKnowledge

Cranium Command was a comedic masterpiece. I have the full show audio on my iPod and listen to it from time to time. No matter how many times I hear it, it still makes me chuckle.

"Watch it! Milk cartons launching four deep!"
"It's whole milk TOO these guys are serious!"

Figments Friend

-

I loved this show too. It really was a gem, though today a good portion of the main show would be considered 'corny' and 'outdated' due to the then contemporary comedic celebrities used to portray some of the body functions. I'm not knocking the comedians they used ( PERFECTLY cast and very funny in it's day) but you immediately see why using popular celebrity talent in attractions is not always a good way to make a attraction 'timeless'.

The show was hilarious right from the start...the animated film setting up the story in the pre-show was fantastic fun. Does this exsist anywhere..YouTube..or a fan site? I would love to see that animated segment again. Buzzy rocked...and the whole concept was a lot of fun.

Would love to see it come back, in another form, slightly updated..but unless the WoL pavillion suddenly 'comes back to life' i don't see it happening.

Still, i suppose anything is possible. Really cool to learn the show is still sitting there..for the most part.

:)

RonAnnArbor

Incidentally -- they don't usually have the lights on in there -- the building was open for special events during the annual Epcot flower show....I am sure that the CM's in charge of the catered events there didn't bother to look through the 40 light switches on the back wall, they just turn them all on at the start of the shift and turn them all off at the end of the shift....

raven

it'll never happen but i wish they wouldnn't jsut let things like this just sit there with the lights on. i've never experienced cranium command, and i would love to. oh well. least they could do would be turn off the lights and save some power.
shame there's no real good shot of buzzy in that video.

The lights you see on the screens are actually from behind the screens. They are all in one large maintenence room. It's just the main lights in that room that are on that can be seen on the screens. The neon is still lit because of low wattage and static electricity issues still running to the source.

It's not really like they would completely destroy it. There aren't many people who work in parks that know what's inside there. After they closed it, they weren't sure what they would do, even now they don't know what to do with it. Body Wars was used for Star Tours 2 tests, I think, so they had to take the simulators out.

Body Wars was NOT used to test ST2. The simulators are being stripped for parts to use on Star Tours, that's it.

It's in much more bad state than that. You will notice some portions of the ceiling that crumbled and fell on the floor just before they entered through the door. This is happening all over the place.

I can understand using the building for special events and what not. But I wish they would just gut the building and attractions if they're going to do that.
Although it seems like Epcot has plenty of space for special events so WoL isn't completly neccesary and they could either demo it to make room for something new or revamp the building.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
It's in much more bad state than that. You will notice some portions of the ceiling that crumbled and fell on the floor just before they entered through the door. This is happening all over the place.

Based on the amount of money Disney has, I would think that replacing/working on the ceiling would be one of those "Minor" damages... I'm guessing they'd have to work on the film projecters too... but to re-create this small show wouldn't nearly take as much money as it would to creat something like the new Little Mermaid ride or Star Tours II... right? I think Disney should do something with this show, it was a wonderful creation it was just made a few years too early. :shrug:

- WondersOfLife

NoChesterHester

Cranium Command was one of my all time favorite attractions. It saddens me to see it in this state, I wish they would just remove it. At least the Horizons fans don't still have the building and empty attraction sitting there as a reminder.

I do agree however that the show would be dated by today's standards due to the use of early 90's celebrities. It would be great to have the attraction reappear in some updated form maybe at a reimagined Imagination Pavillion... perhaps as part of an Imageworks type area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom