Cranium Commanad STILL intact!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I would say a thrill ride is not automatically what we call an E-Ticket. It needs more, especially the size of the ride, the theming and immersive qualities etc.
In opposite to Star Tours Body Wars had no themed area.

Well, I was actually considering Disney upgrading it to a D - Ticket attraction, I mean it is possible, if Star Tours could do it, I'm sure a new Body Wars could too. Cranium Command is a different kind of attraction you wouldn't really be able to see anywhere else, which Disney could bring back up to a D - Ticket attraction with updated cartoons, actors, ect.

I never considered they D - Ticket attractions, I agree they were probably C's, but not as low as CBJ or UNM is now. Sort of... in the midlle, lol

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would say a thrill ride is not automatically what we call an E-Ticket. It needs more, especially the size of the ride, the theming and immersive qualities etc.
In opposite to Star Tours Body Wars had no themed area.
I`d beg to differ. The BW line was highly immersive.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I personally think they actually could have done Cranium Command a little bit better with more AA's instead of screens in the circles... :)

I mean for the stomach and brains and stuff... not for the school scene and getting ready and such.

-WondersOfLife

RedFurredCadet

I personally think they actually could have done Cranium Command a little bit better with more AA's instead of screens in the circles... :)

I mean for the stomach and brains and stuff... not for the school scene and getting ready and such.
Hmm, I think it could happen. But problem is, for the Right Brain, they'd have to do various changes in between scenes. Exhausting.

On a different subject, another video I have found, although shaky at parts, contains some excellent footage of the Buzzy AA in his prime. You could also catch a glimpse of the Hypothalamus AA as well.

Of course, perhaps a different dream sequence depending on the person - say, you're running through the woods or a street, probably in B/W vision, rather than just things floating around at random. Dream sequences that involve the host being in it could immerse people into the environment one way or another.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have to confess although I have a very good memory I forgot how the BW line looked like. And during my trip in 1991 I only filmed the ride. Do you have any videos or pictures of the queueing area of BW?

Body Wars had a very immersive queue. The whole queue set the tone for the attraction really well. You really felt like you were heading in to the lab. Check out Martin's video.

As for its popularity, I can remember when Body Wars was THE rope drop attraction at Epcot (remember, there was no Soarin', Test Track, or Mission: Space yet).

El Grupo

For those who have a better sense of the historical costs for the pavilions in Epcot and attractions throughout the WDW parks, any reasonable guesstimates that you can offer for reopening this pavilion either as an updated Wonders of Life or with a new theme (e.g, weather) and new attractions?

Appears that, at minimum, the main structure could be utilized for something, if not most or all of the complex.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
For those who have a better sense of the historical costs for the pavilions in Epcot and attractions throughout the WDW parks, any reasonable guesstimates that you can offer for reopening this pavilion either as an updated Wonders of Life or with a new theme (e.g, weather) and new attractions?

Appears that, at minimum, the main structure could be utilized for something, if not most or all of the complex.

I liked the exterior of the pavilion. They could get ride of the trees in front of it now. The interior design/theme wasn't very good. A better theme like maybe what the redfurredcadet posted on his blog with some blue green and red lines circling around the inside of the pavilion with lights on them hanging on the wals and ceiling with the pavilion being sort of dark like innoventions. Overall, I think CC should be brought back and updated, I really don't care about anything else in the pavilion.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

KaliSplash

I liked Wonders of Life a LOT! There were a number of things to do there. Body Wars was the headlner, of course. But I thought Cranimum Command was the funniest show in Epcot and one of the funniest in the World. Also liked Goofy About Health and the Anicomical Players, even though I only saw them once. The baby birthing moving wasn't as good as I hoped. I rode the exercise cycles once and watched the practice cages and the little hands on lab. Pavillion had a really good variety. Including a fast service restaurant and small shop, of course. Plus those questions about health at the very back which admittedly, I never once looked at. Really miss CC and BW!!

CaptainShortty

They still use the area for Conventions and Cast Member events. So it's not always totally deserted. That being said I still think they should put something else in it. There are plenty of other areas for those types of meetings.

I say we go on a top secret mission to free Buzzy from his prison!
Fluttershy-Evillaugh.gif

But in all seriousness it would be nice to see the entire Wonders of Life pavilion reopen if not in it's original from maybe in a reboot sort of form. It seems kind of a waste to use it for just a wine festival and maybe some storage. I mean it's such a big building they could so much with.

mp2bill

I liked Wonders of Life a LOT! There were a number of things to do there. Body Wars was the headlner, of course. But I thought Cranimum Command was the funniest show in Epcot and one of the funniest in the World. Also liked Goofy About Health and the Anicomical Players, even though I only saw them once. The baby birthing moving wasn't as good as I hoped. I rode the exercise cycles once and watched the practice cages and the little hands on lab. Pavillion had a really good variety. Including a fast service restaurant and small shop, of course. Plus those questions about health at the very back which admittedly, I never once looked at. Really miss CC and BW!!

Same here.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
What's the Microsoft rumor?

Last year a rumor was spread that Microsoft would sponsor Wonders of Life, and would open it up in 2012. It's already been one year, and if they were to get something done by 2012, they better act fast. Otherwize the rumor is a lie.

-WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom