Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

Curious Constance

I mean it sucks if you re one of those “6” people who probably had a 99.5 % chance of beating COVID. And that’s IF you got it.
Sure it does. But it also sucks for the 10,000 that will get it from taking birth control pills. Do you see people protesting and boycotting birth control pills? Should we get rid of all medicines and vaccines since it’s literally impossible for them to not have some serious side effects for some teeny tiny percentage of the population?
At a certain point the good FAR outweighs the bad.

mickEblu

Sure it does. But it also sucks for the 10,000 that will get it from taking birth control pills. Do you see people protesting and boycotting birth control pills? Should we get rid of all medicines and vaccines since it’s literally impossible for them to not have some serious side effects for some teeny tiny percentage of the population?
At a certain point the good FAR outweighs the bad.

No, keep them around for people that want them. Just don’t shame the people that choose not to partake.

Yeah birth control that’s another hot topic I suppose. But are women really confused when they can’t pregnant at 38 years old after they ve been taking birth control for 20 years? If I were a woman I’d be skipping out on that too.

Tamandua

I mean it sucks if you re one of those “6” people who probably had a 99.5 % chance of beating COVID. And that’s IF you got it.
The risks of severe vaccine side effects are much higher in children. But even if it's rare, whatever rare thing that might happen to me from the vaccine is a lot worse than what would happen to me if I got covid... Again. I mean I already had covid. I have immunity... But people have lost their minds and call someone like me selfish because I weigh the benefits and risks and decide that the vaccine is to much risk and not enough benefit. I'm selfish? I've had to make countless sacrifices over the last year and a half. I take great offense to this idea that anyone is selfish because they make their own medical decisions, especially after living through the last year and a half, and those of us who never stopped working and supported all the people who used covid as an excuse to stop being productive... We're selfish? No. The people trying to drag this out forever are selfish. The people trying to force other people to comply against their best interests are selfish. The people who collect unemployment and stimulus checks while the rest of us work for reduced wages and see our money lose value to deflation thanks to unending covid spending... Those people are selfish.

Wendy Pleakley

Why is the government punishing everybody to protect a minority who rejects the government's protection?

That's ultimately the job of government, to keep people safe. To get COVID cases lowered. To keep hospitals from getting overrun. Etc, etc.

The government has a responsibility, and isn't going to focus on what's fair or who deserves to get COVID or whatever. They have a responsibility to do what the situation requires based on the current conditions.

I get the frustration. Most people followed the rules, helped keep COVID under control, and got vaccinated. Now they're frustrated because the unvaccinated minority are impacting the ability of the rest of us to fully return to normal. It sucks. It isn't fair.

If it were up to me I'd require proof of vaccination for things like theme parks, restaurants, malls, etc. Some cruise ships are already doing this. They can't force vaccinations but they can restrict those people's movement on the ships, require extra insurance, etc.

The people that won't get vaccinated are a problem. The vaccination process in the USA should be finished. As I already pointed out, countries like Canada that started vaccinating months later are pulling ahead.

Resent those people all you want, but the government has to enact policies that reflect the reality on the ground. Refusing to follow the rules, threatening civil disobedience, acting immature, doesn't help matters. Suck it up and follow the rules like the rest of us.

I haven't seen Disneyland brought up lately in this thread but I'll post this anyways:

Anyone worried about the implications of LA bringing back a mask mandate/rising cases and what it means for Disneyland? We're all vaccinated and it'll be a real bummer to have to wear masks when we didn't at WDW. We decided to wait until November and now I'm getting anxious CA (Newsom) is gonna pull a 'surprise let's close it all' on us again. Am I just worrying for nothing? We canceled our trip five times last year so I think I'm traumatized haha.

SoCalDisneyLover

I haven't seen Disneyland brought up lately in this thread but I'll post this anyways:

Anyone worried about the implications of LA bringing back a mask mandate/rising cases and what it means for Disneyland? We're all vaccinated and it'll be a real bummer to have to wear masks when we didn't at WDW. We decided to wait until November and now I'm getting anxious CA (Newsom) is gonna pull a 'surprise let's close it all' on us again. Am I just worrying for nothing? We canceled our trip five times last year so I think I'm traumatized haha.
It all depends upon where we are in November. Seems unlikely, but we haven't defeated this virus. It's hanging around. Not enough are getting vaccinated, and the longer that continues, the longer we have to live with this cloud over our heads. Enough have been vaccinated to probably avoid wide scale shutdowns again, but November is a ways off, so without containment of the virus, it's impossible to know.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I'm not going to waste time arguing with you. This is not the flu.

I get your point that it’s not an apples to apples comparison for a multitude of reasons. But in fairness I do think if we (royally as a society) do start thinking about this from the strategy of containment vs. eradication we may go a long ways in resetting folks expectations. 2019 is in the past.

I for one would like to eventually at least someday see the same level of “trust” in the COVID vax (and future boosters) as we have for other vaccines including the flu, Hepatitis, Chickenpox, etc. If it takes society begrudgingly coming around realizing that COVID is “part of our world” now, so be it.

PiratesMansion

I doubt Disneyland will go back to asking people to wear masks outdoors. Even now UNI Hollywood is not doing that.
I can't find it reflected on their website, but there are multiple news articles saying that they are back to requiring face masks indoors regardless of vaccination status beginning tomorrow as a result of the county mandate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom