Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

CaptinEO

Original Poster
With the recent news about the continual rapid spread of the Delta variant I felt it was appropriate to revive this discussion.

Does anyone see Disneyland closing again soon? I think it very well could be a possibility.

Last edited:

Stevek

With the recent news about the continual rapid spread of the Delta variant I felt it was appropriate to revive this discussion.

Does anyone see Disneyland closing again soon? I think it very well could be a possibility.
No, not at all. People who are vaccinated have strong protection against the variant. We're past the point of no return unless vaccines no longer protect people.

waltography

No, I think it's full steam ahead, regardless of whether there's an increase in virus cases and deaths.

I even believe there would be such outrage over requiring people to wear masks again, to make that unlikely as well.

Virus? What virus?
I’d qualify this would be the response until we get a variant that makes the vaccines ineffective, at which point I’d hope some guidelines would come back.

Of course, I’d rather hope that never happens at all.

DrAlice

As previously mentioned, current vaccines are effective against the delta variant (If you are FULLY vaccinated).

Just my opinion...

I only see shut-downs returning if:

1. A different variant emerges that circumvents the current vaccine protection. (Not likely if we reach a high vaccine threshold.)
and
2. There is political will for the shut down. (IMO, this is not likely unless a new variant is deadly in a younger demographic - i.e. kids)

Again, just my opinion based on current available information. Now I will leave this thread before it jumps the shark like all the rest :D

CaptinEO

Original Poster
As previously mentioned, current vaccines are effective against the delta variant (If you are FULLY vaccinated).

Just my opinion...

I only see shut-downs returning if:

1. A different variant emerges that circumvents the current vaccine protection. (Not likely if we reach a high vaccine threshold.)
and
2. There is political will for the shut down. (IMO, this is not likely unless a new variant is deadly in a younger demographic - i.e. kids)

Again, just my opinion based on current available information. Now I will leave this thread before it jumps the shark like all the rest :D
These are all very good points.

Stevek

I wonder if restrictions will return?

L.A. County Department Of Public Health “Strongly” Recommends Indoor Masking As Delta Variant Spreads https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...h-020550466.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=ma
I don't think so. Current vaccines appear to be effective against the Delta variant. Keep in mind that in LA, hispanics and blacks are still behind in vaccinations rates and this is likely being done as a catch all in an effort to protect unvaccinated population and my guess, take away the concerns many have had that unvaccinated folks are just not wearing masks because nobody can stop them. This is not being done to protect the vaccinated.

October82

No way Newsom would lockdown again when he has a recall coming up.

Unless there is a variant which entirely escapes immunity, no one thinks another 'lockdown' would be necessary. Return to universal masking? Absolutely. Capacity restrictions? Possibly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom