Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

fctiger

I guess I'm just confused on why it would be a problem for you if you are vaccinated. You have a much higher chance of being killed in a car crash driving to the airport than you do of dying of Covid.

I say you should go and have fun! Why even care that Florida is nearly middle of the pack, #24 out of the 50 states on vaccinations? Let the non-vaccinated Floridians figure that out for themselves and just go have fun. It's Disney World for goshsakes, not a cancer ward.

I said twice now I know vaccinated people can't die or hospitalized but they can still get sick from the Delta variant. As I said in this thread I know it's not life threatening to me, but I still prefer not to get at all if I can help it.

But I also said more than likely we're going to still go. My girlfriend is more concerned about it then I am so it's really what she ultimately decides. But they still all want to go (it will be their first time to WDW) so most likely we will. But we may cancel the USO part of the trip since wearing a mask at that park is optional. We'll play that one by ear when we get there.

fctiger

Having worked in the space biz many years, might I suggest a side trip to Kennedy Space Center?

If we had a car for the trip I would certainly consider it. But its going to be Uber and WDW transportation for our entire trip. And going to Kennedy and back would be VERY pricey with taxi/Uber. It would be more than the tickets combined.

However we are considering to go Texas next year and one of the things I want to do if we go is the Space Center tour in Houston. That's been on my (no pun intended) radar for years now.

TP2000

I said twice now I know vaccinated people can't die or hospitalized but they can still get sick from the Delta variant. As I said in this thread I know it's not life threatening to me, but I still prefer not to get at all if I can help it.

But I also said more than likely we're going to still go. My girlfriend is more concerned about it then I am so it's really what she ultimately decides. But they still all want to go (it will be their first time to WDW) so most likely we will. But we may cancel the USO part of the trip since wearing a mask at that park is optional. We'll play that one by ear when we get there.

Okay, you go. Perhaps share with your lady friend the hard data and latest statistics on Florida that I posted earlier in this thread? If she's only getting her "news" from Facebook and CNN and their click-bait scare machine, those hard facts might be very helpful to her.

Go to Disney World. Have fun! Ride Thunder Mountain and that Avatar version of Soarin' and the world's only remaining PeopleMover. Don't worry that Florida ranks 24th among the 50 states when it comes to vaccinations, or that it ranks 26th among the 50 states when it comes to Covid deaths even though it has the 5th oldest population in the country. Just go. Have fun! Take pictures. :)

Lilofan

If we had a car for the trip I would certainly consider it. But its going to be Uber and WDW transportation for our entire trip. And going to Kennedy and back would be VERY pricey with taxi/Uber. It would be more than the tickets combined.

However we are considering to go Texas next year and one of the things I want to do if we go is the Space Center tour in Houston. That's been on my (no pun intended) radar for years now.
We've been to Space Center Houston years ago. It is a good time.

fctiger

Okay, you go. Perhaps share with your lady friend the hard data and latest statistics on Florida that I posted earlier in this thread? If she's only getting her "news" from Facebook and CNN and their click-bait scare machine, those hard facts might be very helpful to her.

Go to Disney World. Have fun! Ride Thunder Mountain and that Avatar version of Soarin' and the world's only remaining PeopleMover. Don't worry that Florida ranks 24th among the 50 states when it comes to vaccinations, or that it ranks 26th among the 50 states when it comes to Covid deaths even though it has the 5th oldest population in the country. Just go. Have fun! Take pictures. :)

Thanks! Most likely we will be going. But if we don't it's not the end of the world. This was a trip we already pushed off over a year ago when the world went crazy. If we have to push it off a few months longer again, we'll live. But most likely will be going now with the vaccinations.

truecoat

Both of these things are not true. You can die and you can be hospitalized but it is very rare compared to non vaccination.

How rare? In the month of May, 1200 vaccinated people were hospitalized out of 107,000. Same month, 150 deaths out of 18,000.

truecoat

My last trip on the 31st I was at the load-in at Guardians when a cast member asked a guest with a neck gaiter if he had an approved mask. Guest made a small scene saying he was let through and it was an acceptable mask from the sign out front (which, obviously it wasn't) and CM said she'd check with her lead. When the elevator doors opened again she came out with a regular mask in hand. 😂

Shame that some CM's tempers are short right now, but I'm sure they're also exhausted dealing with noncompliant guests on top of the usual guest BS.

I have a friend who's a VP at a company that makes masks among everything else we use. In the testing they did, wearing a neck gaiter was worse than wearing no mask at all. The neck gators disperse smaller particles into the air due to the fine fabric used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom