Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

SoCalDisneyLover

Yes, I'm vaccinated. We've already been to Vegas and Fire Island. But if this Delta thing continues raging out of control, we will not be travelling.
If you need to make a decision in the next 2-3 weeks, and you are hoping for an improvement over that period, I unfortunately see literally zero chance of that happening. We're in the upward part of the curve, and will be there for several weeks at least.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Stevek

If you need to make a decision in the next 2-3 weeks, and you are hoping for an improvement over that period, I unfortunately see literally zero chance of that happening. We're in the upward part of the curve, and will be there for several weeks at least.
Agree...I'm hoping that all is good by our first week of December WDW trip. I don't see us cancelling unless Disney changes their operations significantly...which I don't see happening at this point.

I am fully vaccinated and cancelled our two day stay at Disneyland this past weekend over rising numbers of delta variant infections. Within the past two weeks a handful of people I know who were also vaccinated have caught covid, two of them are hospitalized. That's too much a coincidence to have full confidence that the vaccines are protective enough for this variant.

Even if you are vaccinated it does matter if a bunch of people around you are not. Because this variant sheds 1,000x more virus, the potential dosage is much higher. If the unvaccinated are filling up the hospitals, then there is not room for if/when you need it. Spikes in covid cases also allow for the virus to mutate into an even more dangerous variant.

For a while there I was feeling like we were at the end of the pandemic and Disneyland was going to get back to 'normal'. Seemed like a sweet fantasy. The current reality is too many people choose to not get vaccinated and all of us will have to live with the consequences. I think its going to be a long ride.

drizgirl

Google, Facebook, Netflix, Lyft, among others, instituted a vaccination requirement today for employees. I can't imagine more companies, including Disney, won't follow.
Disney is really hurting to staff their parks. They also have union contracts. I’m just not convinced they will. I wish they would though.

SoCalDisneyLover

Masks Once Again Required Indoors at Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort Starting 7/30​

Walt Disney World Resort has announced another change to their COVID-19 safety policies and will now require masks to be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status beginning July 30. This aligns with the recommendations from Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Until now, vaccinated guests were permitted to go maskless everywhere except on Disney transportation. Unvaccinated guests were asked to continue wearing masks indoors, including transportation.

“We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner,” reads an official statement from Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom