Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

SplashGhost

Whatever your thoughts are on wearing a mask, it is incredibly demoralizing to feel like we were reaching the end of COVID and for things to go back to normal for about a month, and then things start going to crap again. I guess I shouldn't get excited for Knott's Scary Farm or Halloween Horror Nights at this point.

Tamandua

Whatever your thoughts are on wearing a mask, it is incredibly demoralizing to feel like we were reaching the end of COVID and for things to go back to normal for about a month, and then things start going to crap again. I guess I shouldn't get excited for Knott's Scary Farm or Halloween Horror Nights at this point.
True. I was totally looking forward to HHN and now I won't go unless we return to sanity before then.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

It’s going to be a fun few years... the light at the end of the tunnel was really just a thumb on a dimmer switch.

October82

It’s going to be a fun few years... the light at the end of the tunnel was really just a thumb on a dimmer switch.

I'm still hoping for the best. We are very lucky to have the benefits of vaccines that can prevent a lot of death and suffering. You would think it would be easier to get people on board with them than it was to make them in the first place, so I'm hopeful.

Tamandua

Wow. From the director of the CDC:

"According to the new science, she said, fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from the delta variant have a similar viral load to infections in unvaccinated people. That means the fully vaccinated are more likely to spread the virus with the delta variant than the original coronavirus."

"The delta variant accounts for more than 80% of COVID-19 cases across the United States, according to the CDC."

TP2000

Wow. From the director of the CDC:

"According to the new science, she said, fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from the delta variant have a similar viral load to infections in unvaccinated people. That means the fully vaccinated are more likely to spread the virus with the delta variant than the original coronavirus."

"The delta variant accounts for more than 80% of COVID-19 cases across the United States, according to the CDC."

And yet we know that the vaccinated never end up in the hospital. Or at least that's what the government has been telling us for months.

Assuming the state and federal government aren't lying and 100% of the current hospitilazations are among the unvaccinated, the only real answer is to either get vaccinated or have already recovered from Covid with antibodies.

The vaccination rates from LA and Orange County have been posted here. They are clear and factual. The populations of working class Blacks and Latinos who are woefully unvaccinated need to get vaccinated. In my opinion.

SoCalDisneyLover

Alpha, Delta Variants Hit OC's Unvaccinated Hard As ICU Beds Fill​

Orange County Health Care Agency reports another 453 residents tested positive for coronavirus as of Tuesday & 27% of ICU beds remain open.

Another 453 Orange County residents have contracted COVID-19 as of Tuesday as the county's hospitals continue to fill with sick patients. A mere 27 percent of ICU beds remain open in the county as of Tuesday, the Orange County Health Care reported. In the span of one week, the daily case count has almost doubled and the positivity rate has jumped.
The most dominant variants in the county in recent weeks have been the Delta, Alpha and Gamma variants, according to the Health Care Agency. Both Delta and Alpha are considered the most highly contagious, with Delta now considered the most dominant strain statewide.

The number of coronavirus patients currently admitted in county hospitals was 212, up from 194 on Monday, according to the agency.

According to the latest weekly averages released Tuesday, Orange County's average daily case rate per 100,000 residents increased from 4.9 to 8 in a one-week period, and the test positivity rate jumped from 3.3 to 4.9%%.

Among the county's disadvantaged communities, the Health Equity Quartile rate, which measures the disadvantaged communities hardest hit by the pandemic, increased from 3.4% to 4.4%.

TP2000

Alpha, Delta Variants Hit OC's Unvaccinated Hard As ICU Beds Fill​

Orange County Health Care Agency reports another 453 residents tested positive for coronavirus as of Tuesday & 27% of ICU beds remain open.

Another 453 Orange County residents have contracted COVID-19 as of Tuesday as the county's hospitals continue to fill with sick patients. A mere 27 percent of ICU beds remain open in the county as of Tuesday, the Orange County Health Care reported. In the span of one week, the daily case count has almost doubled and the positivity rate has jumped.
The most dominant variants in the county in recent weeks have been the Delta, Alpha and Gamma variants, according to the Health Care Agency. Both Delta and Alpha are considered the most highly contagious, with Delta now considered the most dominant strain statewide.

The number of coronavirus patients currently admitted in county hospitals was 212, up from 194 on Monday, according to the agency.

According to the latest weekly averages released Tuesday, Orange County's average daily case rate per 100,000 residents increased from 4.9 to 8 in a one-week period, and the test positivity rate jumped from 3.3 to 4.9%%.

Among the county's disadvantaged communities, the Health Equity Quartile rate, which measures the disadvantaged communities hardest hit by the pandemic, increased from 3.4% to 4.4%.

Keyword there in the headline "Unvaccinated".

Here in SoCal, we all know who the unvaccinated demographics are. I respect their right to guide their fate, but we can't force them to be vaccinated if they don't want to be. So be it. Let the rest of us get on with our lives.

MoonRakerSCM

What is your obsession with reporting, if you want to report so bad you do it 🙄
I did. I'm also pointing out hypocrisy of some users pointing out one thing but not the other.
No politics here from me, I'm calling out name calling. No need for caps in a discussion here. If you don't like it, move on.

With that said, it's bed time. We shall see what Disney does for mask wearing...

I just booked an October trip to Moab, I wonder if I'll be wearing masks while there... likely not since they're more sensible there than California.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

The real takeaway from this new data is that you can't demand that other people get vaccinated anymore for the sake or other's safety, because the vaccinated are contributing to the spread of the variants as much as the unvaccinated. Therefore, there should be no more mandates. Let people take their own risks if they want to. Not that there ever should have been any of this nonsense, but the rational has collapsed.

I agree.

Covid vaccines are available everywhere in Southern California. At McDonald's. At Target. At supermarkets. Sacramento is giving out $25 gift cards to people who get the free shot. Uber will drive you for free to McDonald's or Target or WalMart to get your free vaccine.

If people under those circumstances don't want the shot, they don't want the shot. Let the rest of us live our lives.

BuddyThomas

You are an East Coaster. Why are you here in this topic exactly if you don't enjoy the political drama? Do you have a Disneyland trip planned? Is there some hotel or restaurant or Fastpass advice we can give you before you arrive in Anaheim?

We'd be happy to help you plan a trip to Disneyland, if that's your reason for being in this thread and forum. Otherwise, you seem to enjoy being upset people are talking about California stuff in a California forum.
It's not your concern why I am in here but Gay Days at Disneyland are September 17 - 19, and we've been thinking about going, that is until all the lunatic anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers have plunged us back into a surge of cases that is threatening all the progress that has been made so far. But you just keep sipping your cocktail and don't worry about why I'm in here.

SoCalDisneyLover

Time's running out on my prediction that Disney is going to bring masks back indoors before the end of July. I still think it's going to happen sooner rather than later, but maybe it won't be until next week?

BuddyThomas

Call the manager! Call the mods! I'm offended at the possibility that word can be used differently in another sentence!
That was not the only post he made on the subject that was completely offensive and outrageous. He also tried to drag John Lewis into it. Some of you people just want to fight. It's actually pretty funny.

TP2000

We still might go. We'll have to decide by mid-August in order to get the discount park passes and room rates, but as of now, it's not looking good.

Aren't you vaccinated? Or are there other reasons why you can't travel in September?

Gay Days at Disneyland is a treat! Just one of those weekends where you giggle and gawk all day long. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom